• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft My attempt at GAP camo

Jellyroll22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2009
Richland Michigan
Yes, It's a Choate, yes I know they suck. This was my first attempt at painting a stock a Gap type camo. See, choate stocks aren't totally useless. I'll call it a training tool for future stock painting projects. I used the Rust-Oleum ultra flat paints and should have stopped there. I used Rust-Oleum matte clear and it has a pretty bad shine. I tried scuffing it with 1000 grit to kill the shine and it didn't wotk. Next time I won't use any clear.

b6d62p.jpg

Re: My attempt at GAP camo

Looks good. You have a good eye.

The stock. . . well, it is just a bit clumsy, but I had one and it performed well. It was just clunky as heck. Looks like you have a pretty nice rig what with the Leupold glass.

Take it out and shoot. It should do well.

David

I just got back from shooting and there were two other shooters there. One had a Savage in a Choate and the other had a heavy Remington .308 in one. Both shot well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highground</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want to sell me your sunshade on your scope? </div></div>

You need a 40mm sunshade??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jelly Roll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highground</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want to sell me your sunshade on your scope? </div></div>

You need a 40mm sunshade?? </div></div>

Disregard, it looked like a 50mm.