• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My baby started Kindergarten today. :(

Short-bus

customguncoatings.com
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Smithville, MO
www.customguncoatings.com
Today was my oldest daughters first day of Kindergarten. A real milestone in parenting from what I gather. All I know is it was a sad day to have the realization that my girls are growing up, and there isn't anything that I can do to slow it down let alone stop it. The wife was a mess, I was a mess, and our youngest (2 next month) was looking at both of us like we're nuts. Good thing we both took off work today.

44280_459251908427_748093427_6452478_4504672_n.jpg

Branden

Re: My baby started Kindergarten today. :(

Just take a lot of pictures and vids. My youngest is now 11 and I tell you what that is when the attitude starts my Friend. Enjoy them and make learning fun. Bribe them for good grades. The next 2 to 3 years will decide how her learning curve goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today was my oldest daughters first day of Kindergarten. A real milestone in parenting from what I gather. All I know is it was a sad day to have the realization that my girls are growing up, and there isn't anything that I can do to slow it down let alone stop it. The wife was a mess, I was a mess, and our youngest (2 next month) was looking at both of us like we're nuts. Good thing we both took off work today.

44280_459251908427_748093427_6452478_4504672_n.jpg

Branden </div></div>

Tell me about it bud!My daughter started school on the 4th.She had a big week,birthday,first pair of glasses and first day of school.I can't believe she is 5 already!She has done so well,her Mom and I are so proud.Just get all the pictures you can and move Heaven and Earth not to miss even the smallest of the "firsts".

Mine little girl started a week ago. I looked fine and no tears from me but I was really sad on the inside. I think I am more worried/sad/happy/excited than her mom is. It is cute to see her walk up to school with her back pack that is as big as she is. At least my boy has another 4 years till he goes.

I feel your pain. My oldest also started kindergarten today. It goes by way too fast.

My youngest is 27. I have a lot of wonderful memories of the years....except for some of the boyfriends

My son is starting preschool this year, daughter in second grade. Got another week or so before they start here.

Congratulations. It's just another step along the path. Enjoy the milestones and don't waste any time.

She's a cutie.

My little girls (20 & 16 now) went to a wonderful Catholic school that welcomed parental participation and held many family events throughout the school year.

Still took a little time to get over the shock of the sudden realization of my rascals growing up and the stark quiet of the house while they were in school.

Just a bracing word of support, you'll feel this bittersweet even more so when your youngest starts school.

Enjoy it as she'll thrive and learn and amaze you even though you already know she's brilliant.

You better enjoy all those years - soon she will be 13...

Now if played right 13 can still be a good age, except for 7 days during the month - wh en dad's just "Don't understand"

Had a wonderful summer with my daughter, trips to the ocean, the mountains etc...

She is a cutie. Definitely an exciting time for her, and usually they do better than we do.

We just took our oldest to college on Tuesday. Driving away from that campus was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. The image that kept coming to me was that little girl getting on the school bus to go to her first day of kindergarten. BUT, seeing her in her Liberty U softball uniform will be a proud day for us. Her hard work and dedication through the years has paid off.

Good luck to you all!!

Dust- My middle one did today as well. It does get easier. The first one was hard on me but it was a little easier today. Next year the baby girl starts and I may very well lose it!

Yesterday Katelyn came home from school with a little chip on her shoulder, talking about all the things that she had already known before she went to school. We had been teaching her a lot of the kindergarten stuff back when she was 2, working with letter recognition, and other things, numbers, object, ect.. We had a lot of time back then to do those sorts of things. She came home yesterday and we were talking about the days of the week, and since there is a carnival in one of the local river towns this weekend we were talking about how many days until then, and Katelyn was bragging about how she knew that tomorrow was thursday (this was yesterday) and she didn't have to recite the entire list of the days of the week to determine that. It was so cute, and yet so telling of things to come! We have so much video of our girls, and I just wish that I had the time to put together a "highlights" clip of the funniest things she's ever said! Tomorrow (Friday) is show and tell day, my favorite time when I was a kid, and i'm looking forward to what she wants to take to school.

I was a little hesitant to put her in Catholic private school back when we were deciding what to do. My wife grew up in Catholic schools, and I went to public schools. I believe that 20 years ago public schools were a bit better than they are now, the schools in my area have low test scores and I believe that the majority of the problem is less the schools, and more the parents problems. That really pushed me to the private schools, it's expensive, but we'll manage. The quality of the education is what matters. There are too many easy alternatives to good parenting these days. Too many channels on the TV, too many video game options, and not enough education. I don't know how I managed to be so focused on what is truly right for my girls. We have no cable, only educational DVD's. Megan is watching Sesame street right now while she finishes breakfast. Later i'm going to read some books to her, and we'll play barbies too. I'm going to load some rounds while she takes her nap so I can shoot today after the wife comes home from work.

Some of you talk about your teenagers. I'm not looking forward to that. I'm extremely defensive of my girls, and working on the self control part. I'm not opposed to drop kicking a 6 year old boy if he calls my daughter a poo poo head. Yes, I have issues. Imagine what'll happen when my daughter gets her heart broken by the "cute boy in class" who's playing the "how many girls can I date in 1 week" game (I was that boy, hence the reason god gave me girls.....as punishment).

I'm really not afraid for my oldest, she's very smart, and has great direction. I think she'll go through life making the good decisions, and make me a proud daddy. Megan on the other hand, will likely have a tattoo when she's 10, date a boy with a blue mohawk 6 years older than she is when she's 16, and cause me to end up either crazy or in jail. She likes to do everything that I tell her not to do just for the attention, as if she doesn't get enough already.

Branden

It dosn't get any better, after you kids are all grown, then comes your grandkids and you have to go through it all over again.

My granddaughter is 14, beautiful little girl. Seeing all the idiot boys sniffing around, with their pants at half mast, colored hair, pearings, makes you want to go postal.

My grandfather use to tell me of a little test he did before anyone could date his daughters.

When a guy came to pick them up, he made sure they showed up early. While waiting for the daughter to get dressed, he'd hand the prospective suiter, a pocket knife and a piece of wood. Telling the boys that they might as well wittle while they wait.

If the kid tried to make something of the wood, he could date the daughter, if he just wittled, making chips, he'd send the boy on his way. If you can't make something of a piece of wood, you wont be able to make something of your life and have no place in dating his daughtes.

[/quote]I'm really not afraid for my oldest, she's very smart, and has great direction. I think she'll go through life making the good decisions, and make me a proud daddy. Megan on the other hand, will likely have a tattoo when she's 10, date a boy with a blue mohawk 6 years older than she is when she's 16, and cause me to end up either crazy or in jail. She likes to do everything that I tell her not to do just for the attention, as if she doesn't get enough already.

Branden[/quote]

Now that is funny. Same thing here. Oldest is 18, very level headed young woman who has always been independent and not one to go along with the crowd. When friends started making bad decisions, well she moved on. She has never given us trouble. Our son is 16, and very mature in a lot of ways, level headed for the most part and no trouble from him.

Then there is our 4 y/o, who is too smart for her age. She cried at the age of 2 because her brother told her she couldn't dance on a pole, is always singing and putting on shows for us...and the outfits she creates, hard to describe. She has a great imagination. She says she wants to be on stage, and if she is, I only hope it's something her father and I can go watch!! She will either keep us young, or make us crazy!