• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors My beat to hell carry 1911

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
This is my ugly duckling / frankengun

lw.jpg

lw2.jpg

lw3.jpg

started as a SA LW compact that had the guts swapped out with Wilson Components by the guys at the custom shop.

The gun never fed that well and the lock up sucked on the factory barrel so I sent the thing over to the guys at EGW. They installed a single port carry comp and set the gun up to run.

With 185gr +P remington golden sabers, I can make follow up shots pretty damn quickly even with a gun that is light as it is. Only down side is that it's loud as hell.

Re: My beat to hell carry 1911

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evilsvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here's a kicker, it uses a glock recoil spring </div></div>

shocked.gif
*GASP*

I love those grips.

I made some from some Cocobolo and didn't have balls enough to attempt checkering them! Smooth is "smoothe" I like to say.
Yours is fine looking old war horse.

This is my Colt with my handmade grips, I need some more time climbing the learning curve
grin.gif

DSCF3773.jpg

There is nothing better looking then a well worn and shot 1911.
If it shoots a consistent group and is reliable.... who cares what it looks like?

I think thats a cool pistol and you should hold on to it and pass it down to the kid one day!
smile.gif

Cool looking piece!

It's full of character and background stories and you know it inside and out. It's reliable, suits the purpose and does its job so who cares what it looks like really?

The guy who's demanding your wallet/car/phone/etc is only going to see a cannon pointed at him, not what the grips and slide finish look like
wink.gif

duracoat will make it look like new
smile.gif

Nothing beat to hell about it - ArmoryCote does not wear very well at all. A friend has one like that with half again less finish on it than yours. My Operator saw CCW for a bit and its high spots are worn as well. My Glock has 4x the carry time as it with no wear thru the finish on the slide anywhere.

My 1911 use to look like that take it in for a paint job i had mine duracoated for around 150 two colors and put on Ergo Grips brought it back to life

Working guns do take some wear over the years. If you want it pretty send it to Walter Birdsong for one of his T finishes. They have black green tan & brown now. But you better figure 4-6 months away time.