• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Bergara B14R đź‘Ť

danr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2006
s. texas
The few times I’ve been out to shoot it, I’m pleased with how consistent it prints groups from one brand ammo to another.
2F736FFE-F5DD-479F-AEAC-CF9EB97A0B00.jpeg
7479A5C0-83DE-43E5-A0E1-28504FFEBE3B.jpeg

Last edited:
You wrote CCI Sub Sonic, are you shooting groups with hollow points? Or was it CCI Standard Velocity?

You wrote CCI Sub Sonic, are you shooting groups with hollow points? Or was it CCI Standard Velocity?
Nope, it’s CCI Subsonic. And yes you’re correct they are hollow points for small game. I think it groups really well. Looks like my AR-22 (Compass Lake Barrel) is printing tight groups as well and cycling reliably.
0B4915A5-0BF3-4A41-B8A4-EB983E3A4846.jpeg

Last time I was at one of our local gun shops, they had a good supply of CCI Standard Velocity I recall but was there on other business and didn’t pick up any to try. Have you’all had decent results with this ammo?

Last time I was at one of our local gun shops, they had a good supply of CCI Standard Velocity I recall but was there on other business and didn’t pick up any to try. Have you’all had decent results with this ammo?
CCI-SV is good ammo. You wrote "CCI Subsonic" on the target. The only CCI "Subsonic" I'm aware of is hollow point, I want to get some of that; but it's out of stock everywhere. You should be able to find CCI-SV, but it's expensive at this time. I have almost a case of it left that I was getting for $25/brick (500) before the ammo "shortage" bs.

Reactions: danr and nikonNUT
Your mags work well in that stock?
100% reliable now. Had to tweak them like most everyone else. Went with transparent tape to snug the fit in the well to eliminate tilting. Will be trying other permanent options when time allows.
058840D6-2C53-427E-BA8F-405899E2CFDC.jpeg

CCI-SV is good ammo. You wrote "CCI Subsonic" on the target. The only CCI "Subsonic" I'm aware of is hollow point, I want to get some of that; but it's out of stock everywhere. You should be able to find CCI-SV, but it's expensive at this time. I have almost a case of it left that I was getting for $25/brick (500) before the ammo "shortage" bs.
@Cowpokey Did you check your LGSs backroom? ;) I broke down and told the owner I was looking for some subsonic HPs and he asked "40gr? 45gr? Segmented?" Uhm, yes! "Follow me!" Bam! Found and told "Well you know where it is now. Don't be greedy."

@Cowpokey Did you check your LGSs backroom? ;) I broke down and told the owner I was looking for some subsonic HPs and he asked "40gr? 45gr? Segmented?" Uhm, yes! "Follow me!" Bam! Found and told "Well you know where it is now. Don't be greedy."
The LGS here has an indoor 25 yard range; they have customers that buy everything. Most of it is appropriately prices, given the circumstances, but he knows to let me know if he gets anything interesting in...that's how I got the Weatherby Mark XXII bolt action. The owner gets his hair cut at the barbershop my wife owns. We're on good terms, he doesn't hide anything from me.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Nope, it’s CCI Subsonic. And yes you’re correct they are hollow points for small game. I think it groups really well. Looks like my AR-22 (Compass Lake Barrel) is printing tight groups as well and cycling reliably. View attachment 7805436
That groups really well for hollow points. I'm going to get some the next time I see it.

That groups really well for hollow points. I'm going to get some the next time I see it.
Next time I get a chance go out it’ll be some KYL fun. And if there’s time, maybe a bolt vs semi auto face off on paper at 50 yds with the CCI Subsonic suppressed. Should be fun.
8394D444-E9C0-4590-8486-310ECBF35129.jpeg

Those Subsonic HPs are impressive, I would get some plain ol' CCI-SV, should be a tick better.

Yup. On the look out for SV now.
I've been shooting CCI-SV for years, a lot of folks like to talk down about them, they've done well out of everything I've put them in. I'm using SK with my Vudoo, it's good...at some point I will see how it does with CCI-SV, but since I have a case and a half of SK, that won't happen too soon.

Reactions: 308pirate and danr
I've been shooting CCI-SV for years, a lot of folks like to talk down about them, they've done well out of everything I've put them in. I'm using SK with my Vudoo, it's good...at some point I will see how it does with CCI-SV, but since I have a case and a half of SK, that won't happen too soon.
Too funny. As soon as I read your last, wife and I were at a restaurant and I began looking online for SV. Found it available and would order later too night. Wife then wants to visit local WalMart so I strolled over to sporting goods and there it is.
2688318E-AB9F-44A2-AB58-C6727FCA93EA.jpeg