• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My Bigger Thumper

Re: My Bigger Thumper

Sweet set up. Mine (new production) is on the way to my FFL. What type of glass do you have on that bad-boy?

That a nice looking rifle with a lot of fire power! I love shooting the 50BMG myself. How does the recoil compare to a bolt action 50BMG? I thought that there would be more recoil in the semi because there is more moving parts than a bolt action but I am curious to hear what you think about it.

Also there is nothing like letting a 10rd mag just rip as fast as you can! Its expensive to do so but a lot of fun!!

The recoil is not bad at all. I compare it to a semi-auto 12ga. shotgun. Kind of a clunk and not a smack. The bad part is the concussion from the blast out front. I always try to double up on hearing protection. I was shooting off a hay bail last year in October and it caught fire. Oops....

Nice to find another 82A1 user on the forum. I am currently trying to find the best load for the newer version, which there are only minor difference between them.

is an awesome rifle! ,
i just purchased a barrett 98 bravo,
cant wait to get it home , got a few months left in the sand pit but haha ,
great rifle!

Yeah always double up, a guy at my local range uses a .50 regularly and a nice thing he does is leaves out a little cup with free ear plugs for everyone around.

Do you mind if I borrow that, I'm going squirrel hunting next weekend...LOL
smile.gif