• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos My boy and our 40XB

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
This is my nine year old.

I warned him that it was going to be cold and windy. He was still determined to go shooting with old dad.

I'll be damned if he I didn't have him tearing up "Shooting Aces" at 100 yards in a wicked full value wind. It didn't take him long to start paying attention to when the wind was up and when it dropped.

Soon it's going to be time to put him on the .308 and start reaching out.

The three year old was pissed he didn't get to go. He helps me load ammo though.

Re: My boy and our 40XB

He has been shooting since he was five. This year he has finally earned the upgrade to optics. His little Savage Cub was all irons and he was tearing the steel up with it.

We post his best targets on the fridge.

...and this is how we grow Riflemen.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and it's just as important to teach them "why" as "how".
</div></div>

Amen Brother!!

DK

Excellent sir, I will be doing the same in some years. My wife in knocked up with twin boys. Sounds like a great reason to buy twice the rifles
laugh.gif

-Matt

For some reason it is extremely satisfying to see youngsters enjoy old rifles. It's even more satisfying to be able to instill the joy before the media attempts to tell them it's "evil".

I can't tell you how many times I have gotten strange looks when my son tells people about shooting his rifle and they figure out it's a REAL firearm he is talking about, not some game on the Wii.

I need to get involved in our local Appleseed program. I think I am going to get the boy into it this year. Our Savage BTVS .22LR will work fine for it and a brick of WOLF is only $50.

I can't wait to have a kid and take him (hopefully) out for the first shoot. I wonder why is it such a bonding thing? Seems so natural.

Keep us posted on how they both do. I like to see the future on the right path.