• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My brain is broken - help!

Deadeye_Dan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2019
Steiner T5Xi, shipped with the elevation bottomed out (.3 mil of downward travel) and a recommendation to use 45 moa of cant.
Rifle has a a 20 moa rail and a Spuhr 4602 (20 moa) mount.

I’m 15” high at 50 yards and have no ability to lower poi...

so - am I thinking correctly that moving to a 30 moa rail will bring me down far enough that I should be able get a 100 yard zero?

More can’t will only cause your poi to raise more. A 20 MOA rail and 0 MOA base would be just fine. Also check to see if the zero stop is set on the scope limiting your adjustment to come down

Maybe you’re hitting the zero stop? What is the purpose of your rifle? Why do you need that much cant? Most people use 20 MOA.

Reactions: Bender
Yeah you should have plenty of elevation even with 40 MOA. Check zero stop. If it's not the stop then I would ditch the mount and get a good set of rings and just use the 20 MOA on the rifle.

Also a hint. Forget inches. Use the reticle to tell you how high you are.

Thanks for the thoughts so far.

confirmed the issue isn’t the zero stop - going to back down to 20 moa of total cant and see where that puts me

check your mills of travel, I have a Burris and I thought I had bottomed it out first time messing with zero stop and I was way off so had to loosen the screws and two complete revolutions to bottom it out. Then easy to set up. I am only using a 20 moa and that gets me plenty, 45 seems like a lot