• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Brother Had a Stroke

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
My older brother and best friend had a stroke. If you have HBP stay on it! This is no joke. Hemorrhagic stroke in the basil ganglia. He just got married (again) and was in mid immigration to his bride’s home in Ontario. I have never used social media for this purpose and hope to never do this again!! His wife has put up a go fund me to get him home and start the long rehab. Feel free to pass it on far and wide. Thanks guys!

Very sorry to hear that. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Sending thoughts and prayers. If you can get him into the Mayo Clinic their work with stroke patients is amazing.

I lost my last remaining Brother on January 3; he would have been 84 the following month. The way he went and the timing suggests he was a very early patient of COVID-19. I'm hearing that they now know it was in the country as early as last November.

Our hearts are in the same place...

Sorry to hear that. I pray that he will recover. Also a good reminder for me to not skip my BP pill.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Prayers sent.

My FIL had his 6th in 6 years this week. So I feel your pain.
Go fund me takes a %. If we could gather around I think in the past we have preferred to send money directly to family.

Prayers for your brother and the rest of the family.

Yes, we too are dealing with the devastating side-effects of a stroke that my FIL had 2 years ago now. As per my thread, it has absolutely affected every member of the family in a huge way. I truly PRAY that nobody else here has to go through this.

My point being, watch out for each other, and let's do what we can. Blessings,

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
For the .3% GFM takes it’s worth it to avoid all the hassles of cross border and cc fees.

My older brother and best friend had a stroke. If you have HBP stay on it! This is no joke. Hemorrhagic stroke in the basil ganglia. He just got married (again) and was in mid immigration to his bride’s home in Ontario. I have never used social media for this purpose and hope to never do this again!! His wife has put up a go fund me to get him home and start the long rehab. Feel free to pass it on far and wide. Thanks guys!

Sorry about your brother. But I have a question - your brother's wife, Sabrina, per her post on "go fund me", wants to "bring him home". Where is "his home" she is talking about, is it in the U.S. or in Canada? Just trying to understand her message.

Last edited:
Home is now Canada, with her. He was back in NH finishing a house renovation for a friend when he had the stroke.

Thanks for all the blessings thoughts and generosity. You guys really rock. Had a couple minute chat with Kevin yesterday and all things considered...he is working hard getting on the road to fixing himself. It’s all up to willpower and that comes from within...as encouraged from without.