• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My buddy mentioned his next rifle would be a 243, I suggested this.....

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
a Tikka Supervarmint in 260Rem, touting longer barrel life, more knockdown at longer range if he hunts with it and it seems to be pretty popular around these parts. Did I make a good suggestion?
M81UIlV.jpg

Great suggestion. Unless he lives in the US. I don't believe they're imported here anymore. Have your friend check out the T3 Sporters in 260. Even the Sporters seem to be getting difficult to find. Hope those haven't been discontinued, too.

Well I guess it depends on what he plans to use the rifle for. I like the .243, flat shooting, very low recoil, can find ammo and components almost anywhere, and IMHO it will kill pretty much anything in the lower 48. But either way, they are both good cartridges.

Unfortunately Beretta USA does a horrible disservice when importing the Tikka rifles people want. Many have contacted them about it and they just dont care.

He just bought not even a month ago, a T3 Lite Stainless in 270 for his nephew from Scheel's, I shall call my favorite gunshop in Merrill and see if Deb can get one of these rifles.

Yeah, Tikka does not import that and many other models, so now what rifle does he get in 260?

Last edited:
Give EuroOptics a call, they seem to have everything under the sun - in stock too!

Nothing wrong with the .243. My deer rifle is a Winchester pre-64 supergrade in .243. It's dead nuts accurate and never failed to bring down a whitetail. And it's just barely older than me.

The .260 is a great cartridge... but try and find a box of .260's in a general store in Muskratlicker, Maine at 4:58 PM on the Friday night before deer season opens. Nothing wrong with the classics.

And I say this as a genuine old guy. You may make fun of me now.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Great suggestion!!!

I think tikka would win a huge market share of the heavy barrel rifles if you guys could get them in the US.

I have a 308 in aics with viperskins and a few other goodies its a hammer.

Ive been eyeing off a 260 to build for over a year soon ill probably buy one!!

Great suggestion. Unless he lives in the US. I don't believe they're imported here anymore. Have your friend check out the T3 Sporters in 260. Even the Sporters seem to be getting difficult to find. Hope those haven't been discontinued, too.

^^^^^+++++