• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my buddy's first custom rifle, at the range

jasonahull

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
everett washington
If you saw this thread in the bolt action rifle section, you will know that one of my good friends built his first custom rifle.
Well we were going to a public range so I told him what he could expect. Usually atleast one person asks "Is that a sniper rifle?" And how i usually see at one person doing something completely crazy. Well he had a two-fer. They guy next to us was shooting an ar. He was resting the muzzle on one of the bags the range provides, as the rifle recoiled back he eventually got far enough back where he ended up shooting through the bag blowing something that looked liked crushed walnut shells all over. When Jeff shoots his 300 winnie this guy about jumped out of his shorts. The next question from this clown was " what is that?" followed by "is that a sniper rifle?"
I could tell Jeff was trying with everything he had to not laugh in his face. He paused for a second and said "no, its just a rifle".
When he looked at me I almost lost it. What are the odds of that happening in one trip less than 5 minutes apart? I still cannot believe he blew the bag all over the range. Funny.

Re: my buddy's first custom rifle, at the range

speechless.gif

Sounds about as funny as the kid who did the same thing with a glock18 and blew through his hand

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds about as funny as the kid who did the same thing with a glock18 and blew through his hand </div></div>

Ouch!