• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my cz 452 is finally complete (pics)

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

my cz is finally done. specs are

cz 452 varmint
rifle basix trigger
threaded barrel
huntertown suppressor
manners t4 stock in midnight camo
dip 25 moa rail
votrex pst 4-16 ffp/moa
uso low rings (yes overkill but i had them laying around and they fit great)
dip extended mag release

im not sure how far i can dial yet, i know i can do 400 with subsonic wolf mt ammo but im not sure how much i can go past that. my goal is to dial and hold and make consistant hits at 500yds but thats a pretty lofty goal.

Re: my cz 452 is finally complete (pics)

What threads came on the 452? I thought they weren't standard for cans.

Nice rig by the way

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RC in Va.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What threads came on the 452? I thought they weren't standard for cans.

Nice rig by the way </div></div>

i threaded this one myself 1/2x28. im not sure if the even make a threaded version

Its not finished yet, you have to do a bolt knob conversion.

Take some better pics outside in the daylight. I wanna see it. Its hot. Doing a similar thing to a 455.

I like it, that is pretty much the setup I am working on for mine.

What is this bolt knob conversion you speak of?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not finished yet, you have to do a bolt knob conversion.

Take some better pics outside in the daylight. I wanna see it. Its hot. Doing a similar thing to a 455. </div></div>

ive been thinking about a bolt knob. but the cz already has sucha high bolt throw i dont want to have to raise my scope for clearance.

better pics will be up shortly. it actually is not complete. my stock has a freeland rail and i forgot to order a bipod adapter until this stock got here. i shot a few rounds from a bench but i just cant shoot straight from a bench so once i get my 10 dollar adaptor it will be complete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not finished yet, you have to do a bolt knob conversion.

Take some better pics outside in the daylight. I wanna see it. Its hot. Doing a similar thing to a 455. </div></div>

ive been thinking about a bolt knob. but the cz already has sucha high bolt throw i dont want to have to raise my scope for clearance.

better pics will be up shortly. it actually is not complete. my stock has a freeland rail and i forgot to order a bipod adapter until this stock got here. i shot a few rounds from a bench but i just cant shoot straight from a bench so once i get my 10 dollar adapter it will be complete. </div></div>

there is one that works the AZ precision. I'll try to find a link of it.

But yea that's one thing I was dissatisfied with the 455 about. I was thinking cz might change bolt throw to mimic the sako quad. Alas no
frown.gif

cz threads them 1/2x20. there is a thread adapter you can use for suppressors

I have the same set up but with a gem tec can and a mark 4 on top. By far my most useful weapon. It goes where I go. I take it to the office. Bagged two crows there yesterday......nobody knew but me and the rest of the surviving crow clan. HAHAHAHH. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shanksalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same set up but with a gem tec can and a mark 4 on top. By far my most useful weapon. It goes where I go. I take it to the office. Bagged two crows there yesterday......nobody knew but me and the rest of the surviving crow clan. HAHAHAHH. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

pics of said rifle or i dont belive it...

it really sucks waiting on my manners.
frown.gif

i thinkive decided to give the tac knob a shot. i figure worste case scenerio i mil a little bit of a flat spot on the knob for scope clearance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thinkive decided to give the tac knob a shot. i figure worste case scenerio i mil a little bit of a flat spot on the knob for scope clearance </div></div>

what is your plan? I was thinking the same thing.

There are basically two ways to go about it. OD grind then cut threads, or... OD grind, flat cut and drll and tap for a sako quad type bolt knob.

Beautiful. Hooper can modify your bolt handle and he makes a nice bottom metal to complete the look. I like your shooting table as well!

very very nice mate, but a tac bolt is defo a must buddy.

heres mine.. Cz 455 .22Wmr

DSCF1029-3.jpg

btw that scope you running is gorgeous
whistle.gif

atvbr

max...

You guys are going to give my 452 a complex. Beautiful builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lou400a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful. Hooper can modify your bolt handle and he makes a nice bottom metal to complete the look. I like your shooting table as well! </div></div>

ya my 10 month old is acting like a baby having to hold the rifle up so im building her a rest on the table. i hate bench shooting but i guess its better than no shooting.

i just got my first lathe so im looking for any excuse to do a project right now, but ill keep hooper in mind if i mess it up.

the old saying goes

i charge 20 dollars a hour
i charge 40 dollars a hour if you watch
i charge 80 dollars a hour if you help
i charge 160 a hour if you tried it and messed it up already

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thinkive decided to give the tac knob a shot. i figure worste case scenerio i mil a little bit of a flat spot on the knob for scope clearance </div></div>

There are basically two ways to go about it. OD grind then cut threads, or... OD grind, flat cut and drll and tap for a sako quad type bolt knob. </div></div>

to be honest i dont know yet. im new to lathes if you find out 1 is better than the other id appriciate a heads up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thinkive decided to give the tac knob a shot. i figure worste case scenerio i mil a little bit of a flat spot on the knob for scope clearance </div></div>

There are basically two ways to go about it. OD grind then cut threads, or... OD grind, flat cut and drll and tap for a sako quad type bolt knob. </div></div>

to be honest i dont know yet. im new to lathes if you find out 1 is better than the other id appriciate a heads up </div></div>

Turning would be nice... but good luck fixturing that ugly geometry. I know some people have very interesting fixturing equipment. Give it your best shot if you decide to go through with it.

I think hooper might a better idea for me.

Looks Like a Disaster waiting to happen .... Dosnt look safe one bit! Being in Public Safety I do think/suggest you send that to me immediatly for a through safety inspection!! On a serious note Looks like a good build Looks like something I need to start on making

Just to give you an idea of what Hooper's mod looks like. That's his bottom metal as well.

P1010028.jpg

P1010013.jpg

The one with the wood stock is will look like the other, but different paint scheme. Once I find some time to finish it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireman610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks Like a Disaster waiting to happen .... Dosnt look safe one bit! Being in Public Safety I do think/suggest you send that to me immediatly for a through safety inspection!! On a serious note Looks like a good build Looks like something I need to start on making </div></div>

i really appriciate that, your even in indiana to make it easier for me to drop it off. i swear you meet the most generious folks here on the hide
grin.gif

im sure you dont remember, but i contacted you a year or 2 ago about buying a 452 to turn into this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lou400a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to give you an idea of what Hooper's mod looks like. That's his bottom metal as well.

P1010028.jpg

P1010013.jpg

The one with the wood stock is will look like the other, but different paint scheme. Once I find some time to finish it.

</div></div>

any scope clearance issues?

[/quote]

any scope clearance issues? [/quote]

P1010024.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

No problems. He cuts it at an angle to make it work. He has a fixture set up for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireman610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks Like a Disaster waiting to happen .... Dosnt look safe one bit! Being in Public Safety I do think/suggest you send that to me immediatly for a through safety inspection!! On a serious note Looks like a good build Looks like something I need to start on making </div></div>

i really appriciate that, your even in indiana to make it easier for me to drop it off. i swear you meet the most generious folks here on the hide
grin.gif

im sure you dont remember, but i contacted you a year or 2 ago about buying a 452 to turn into this </div></div>

You know now that I think about it You did, at that time you were working on getting long range rimfire match set up for an INGO Shits and Giggles Day....Guess I should have sold ya mine, Then I might have been able to talk you into visitation rights
grin.gif

Is that a bottom metal to fit the 455 lads ?? Been after one over here for ages !

Hi, we now offer a slimmer knob for the rimfires. Same overall look and taper, just scaled down and slightly longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi, we now offer a slimmer knob for the rimfires. Same overall look and taper, just scaled down and slightly longer.
</div></div>

Hooper, many of the photos on your site don't have names other than the generic camera photo number dscXXX, etc. Which knobs are for the 452? I want a bolt knob and bottom metal.

WMR sniper said:
very very nice mate, but a tac bolt is defo a must buddy.

heres mine.. Cz 455 .22Wmr

DSCF1029-3.jpg

btw that scope you running is gorgeous
whistle.gif

atvbr

SSS stock??? How does the WMR perform on accuracy?? Does the can really quieten things down?? Looked at a 17HMR but its just brutal noisey,...even with a can.

the stock is a custom made one done for me by a very good friend for an even better price
wink.gif

the can really does quieten things but you will never get rid of the sonic crack.

i was considering using it without the mod on her for a little while and see how she fairs compared to with, but i have had numerous shoots where i have been able to clean out a 2nd target whilst the 1st laid dead yards away so the can will hide your shot signature..

atvbr

max...

thats a good looking 22 you got there. Im jealous