• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My CZ452VT

Suresperance

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Fairport NY
This is just a little info and some pictures of my CZ452 varmint.17HMR project I started just over a year ago.

First some specs.
I started off with a CZ452 Varmint I got from buds gun shop.
188.jpg

Then I added DIP bottom metal,Dip Rail,J n P Action screws,BSA 6-24x42 Tactical scope(actually a pretty decent scope for the $150 I paid on sale)and Burris Extreme tactical rings
100_2257.jpg

Then I added a Harris bipod and had Hooper instal a tactical bolt knob
Picture005-1.jpg

All the while I had placed my order for the Manners T4 group buy when I first purchased the rifle. Well I received my stock just before Christmas and was so excited when I opened the box on my lunch break I just had to throw it all together.Well much to my dismay the stock did not fit :-( I called Manners and got Tom on the phone. He was great and we discovered that I had a .17HMR and they thought I had a .17HM2. They were not making the stocks for the magnum cartridges. Tom was a saint and asked me to send in my barreled action and he would inlet a new stock to fit my rifle. Fast forward to two weeks ago and I got my new stock. Again while on my lunch break I threw it all together and this time it fit perfectly. I cannot say enough about Tom and his staff at Manners. I contacted Matt this week at Manners and he informed me that this is the only .17HMR CZ452 in a Manners T4. And sadly they will not be producing stocks for the magnum cartridges this was a one time deal. So here we are with a real one of a kind and I couldn't be happier.

0622121254a.jpg

0622121254b.jpg

0622121254c.jpg

0628122006a.jpg

0628122006b.jpg

0628122007.jpg

0619121409b.jpg

Now real quick I want to point out a few things. 1 yes that is my niece's playground in the background. 2 no I am not dumb enough to shoot in proximity to the playground it was for picture purpose only. 3 alot of people will knock the BSA scope but its a great scope for the money and has done me proud so far. super clear glass for the money and the adjustments seem to be repeatable and accurate.

Here are a few pictures through the scope to show how clear it is. taken with my cell phone and it was around 830 so it was just starting to get dark so quality is not great. targets are at 50 yards. targets are my pellet gun targets I use to practice at 50 yards they are 3/16" thick plate steel. about 8.5"x6". I DO NOT fire the .17HMR at these targets for a few reasons 1 I'm pretty sure the HMR would kill these targets 2 its in my backyard and for air rifle practice ONLY.

Here is the scope on 10X @ 50 YRDs
url]

Here it is on 24X @ 50 YRDs
url]

I absolutely love the rifle it is every thing I wanted and more. A big thanks goes out to Hooper for the knob GREAT WORK THANKS! and Tom and his crew at Manners the stock is just top notch!!!

I'll update with pictures of my groups when time permits.

Thanks for looking guys.

Re: My CZ452VT

That is a bad ass looking setup! Varmints beware!
Does that gun have the single set trigger? My 22lr 452 had that and I loved it. I used to own a Savage 17HMR, and it was a tack driver...I expect the CZ to be the same. Only reason I got rid of it was any kind of wind blows that bullet all over the place, so I really only used it for plinking on the range which became kind of expensive for a rimfire, IMO.

You have good taste in rifles...that rifle looks identical to mine. Very cool that Manners and crew hooked you up with that inlet. I bet its a mini laser. I love my little .17 HMR.

that looks great, i'm sure it shoots just as well as it looks.

thanks for the pictures of the BSA through the scope. that is seemingly a good price for it, and obviously it stays clear at 24X. you usualy don't find that with the lower priced scopes (getting full usuable magnification, usually they will white out at 19 / 20X.

i've been looking at the 8-32 models on ebay and aliex express for $99, however BSA just confirmed with me that they are probably all fakes. i didn't want to offend them by asking why would anyone fake a BSA in the first place. they did say that the midway 6-24 is theirs. i've never had good luck with BSA scopes, perhaps the 6-24 tactical may be worth looking at for my CZ too.

that scope looks just perfect with the rest of your rig.

TOP PREDATOR, as you pointed out it is the midway special regularly $250 I picked it up on sale for $150. They run that sale every few months. The scope is really clear for the money, my only complaint is at the higher magnification levels eye relief becomes finicky and it becomes harder to center your eye on the scope. But that's to be expected with a cheaper scope. Other than that its been a great scope for the money probably even a good scope at full price.

as far as the 8-32 BSAs go I'm not sure why but they always seemed sketchy to me, you can never find them on any legit websites there aren't any reviews any where and they use the same exact picture as the 6-24.

I have another BSA on my 10-22 its a contender series. also super clear and I feel its a good scope for the money.

Would they hold up on a centerfire rifle ... who knows I'm waiting for some one else to try it out lol. All I know is they have both been great on the rimfires.

Thanks guys for the kind words I had a vision and after a year its finally finished so I'm pretty stoked. I'm just waiting on a TAB sling now and I think I'll be done then.