• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My darling 1427 has arrived

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
My new, old Annie has arrived,

came in a big brown box, made in 83 and has for sure not been used for the last 10-15 years, the magasine still has all it´t bluing remaining.

mynning.jpg

lda.jpg

pangen.jpg

I will shoot here this weekend however just with the diopter and I am no good with one of those things.

So what do you all think.

/Chris

Re: My darling 1427 has arrived

Chris,

I had a 54.18 MSR 20+ years ago, and it is one of the few rifles, out of hundreds I've had, I really miss. I know it's not the same rifle as yours, but your pics bring back fond memories.

I have looked for another, hit or miss, over the years, but the right one hasn't shown up.

Show us some shooting results when you get the time.

Looks like a nice rifle you've found, enjoy it!

HB

Mind if I ask what that set you back? Assuming I could find a used one, what would I expect to pay for a good condition Annie with or without diopter sights?

Hellbender,

thank you, there is something about these rifles that speakes volumes,

I´ll shoot here this weekend with the diopter just for fun and giggles,

I did note your 2-400 yards drop chart and I´ll be piggybacking on those to get my own squared away, good stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mind if I ask what that set you back? Assuming I could find a used one, what would I expect to pay for a good condition Annie with or without diopter sights? </div></div>

Bohem, I paid 200 Eur and 150 in shipping, a total of 350 Eur or about 500 USD, these rifles are few and far apart even were I live, I belive that a price of 1-1200 USD would not be out of line,

but hey a man has to get lucky sometimes.

Best regards Chris

Target pics will be in shortly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bohem, I paid 200 Eur and 150 in shipping, a total of 350 Eur or about 500 USD, these rifles are few and far apart even were I live, I belive that a price of 1-1200 USD would not be out of line,

but hey a man has to get lucky sometimes.

Best regards Chris

Target pics will be in shortly </div></div>

Thanks, that's good to know. Certainly not going to buy it right now, but I would like to get my mitts on one. Thanks again, it's beautiful.

Bohem- keep an keen eye out,

at times these pieces comes up and then one has to be faster than hell to get it before the rest.

I sure hope that it shoots as good as it looks...

fingers crossed

/Chris

Targettalk.com tends to have a lot of WTS on good Annies. Got my 1913 over there, and its great.

Just remember when shoot the diopter sights, use an insert or adjust the diopter front if it has one, to give you a white ring around the appropriate bullseye. Use the 50 yrd or 100 yrd bulls. Then it's circle in a circle. You will find out your better than you thought with these sights. I would love to have a set of period Anschutz sights for my 1411 Anschutz. All I have are the Redfields.

Altas-

my issues with diopters is my poor eyesight,

I actually tried here out yesterday during the aftershoot of a small comp I held,

I was minute of rabbit target with 15/15 rounds at 50 meters shot from standing, 3x3 inches

I was minute of vitals on deer target for 20/20 rounds at 100 meter, shot from sitting. 4x4 inches

Not great in any way but very stable shooting and makes for a better follow through, diopters sights that is.

I am still not cool with the trigger and it´s adjustment, the preload is far to heavy, the trigger breaks clean but with a mooshy feel,

the trigger is then to stiff after breaking, I either would like it to stop but rather adjust it to be free flowing after the break like on my other Annie.

Well it´s just an adjustment issue.

Take care guys, and Atlas thanks for the advice regarding the inserts.

Best regards Chris

Hej!

Swank! I want one really bad. Your rifle looks to be in mint condition. Nice buy at 350 Eur! Can you mount a scope on these rifles. I have bad eyes, and that sight would only frustrate me.

Hejda'

Tman

Being a 1400 series, it may have one of the triggers that can be puy on my 1411. Check out these adjustment procedures. I have the two stage hair trigger.
P9240013.jpg

P9240011.jpg

P9240010.jpg

I have trigger nr 45 in my rifle, or rather 5075/1

I had found it with instructions at the Annie webbsite however now I seem to have misplaced the PDF file they came in...

Hey I found it,

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?sprache=1&menu=134

So now I can have the first stage lightened some and the second stage made slightly heavier, the ower travel to be as large as possible,

Ohh that made me happy...

Atlas thanks btw I am so surprised that Annie has made so many trigger systems and that they all are so great.

/Chris

Rifle looks great, but is that the correct stock? I'm going to be restoring one soon and the stock looks quite different, with built-in spare mag holder, etc.

Cheers

Hmm I really would not know,

I have had another 1427, it had a different stock, a piece of birch,

stock mag and all,

this one has a place on the right side on the forearm to attach at 3 mag attachement.

I think there might have been two different stocks.

Best regards Chris

trffbildmedRWSsubs-1.jpg

@ 100 meters, RWS subs, the hole on the left was the target,

two clusters clowerleafs in each, I might have to bed this "beast"

still all with in 32 mm, ok but not great.

/Chris

had her out to 200 meter today for a bit of practice,

nasse200meterigen.jpg

that is small piglet, RWS subs, took 1,7 turns on the knob to get there from 100.

I think I did ok in a 3-4 m/s interediating wind, from full value to 1/4 value.

Best regards Chris