• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My daughter’s latest drawing.

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2014
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    My daughter likes to draw, paint, really any kind of art. This is a drawing she just finished. Except for the base color of the water, which was done with water colors, the drawing is done entirely with color pencils. She’s a senior in high school and has always liked to draw. She’s taking three art classes along with Advanced Math, English 4, World History, Environmental Science, and Gymnastics. This is a project for one of her art classes. I just had to show it off.

21907BFC-151A-4AA4-8CFF-60C0037DAD61.jpeg

Wow! She is incredibly. I'm going to stop complaining about the money my wife spends on art supplies for my six year old.

That is certainly incredible! I hope that she can maintain her love and ability no matter what path she takes. Very beautiful!

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
    dang! You should be proud! That is awesome work. I am always impressed by those abilities as I have none.

My brother is an artist. He is going to be 44 this Dec. Some of his pencil drawings from high school still hang in my parents house.

My daughter likes to draw, paint, really any kind of art. This is a drawing she just finished. Except for the base color of the water, which was done with water colors, the drawing is done entirely with color pencils. She’s a senior in high school and has always liked to draw. She’s taking three art classes along with Advanced Math, English 4, World History, Environmental Science, and Gymnastics. This is a project for one of her art classes. I just had to show it off.

View attachment 6947805

Hand drawn ? WOW !!!! Extremely Impressive ! :cool::cool::cool:

Nice work, it's great to see someone who can do decent traditional style art with a real talent.

Thats awesome. There was a girl in my class that could draw, paint, and do pastels like that. Her paintings often looked like a photograph. Some how, one of mine beat her at an art show once. They must have gotten tired of giving her all the blue ribbons or something.

You should show that off! (y)

Talk about talented and gifted...... support her talent and creativity and set her sights high.

Her talents are very impressive, embrace it Dad!

Thanks guys. I’m going to show her this thread. Hopefully she won’t get the big head from all the (we’ll deserved) compliments.

LMAO, and that’s STILL better than I could have done.

Impressive

The name or her name in the lens is a cool touch.

You saw that. You had to look close to see her signature. She wanted to make it look like the Ray Ban logo, but wasn’t sure how to get it right.

Very talented young lady! Hope she continues to pursue it even as a hobby.

Srgt Hulka, I don't know what your daughters career plans are but if she is looking for some side work a lot of books depend on good cover art to boost sales. I read a lot of books on my kindle--and the cover art is usually of poor quality. I"ve heard that sometimes bestselling authors pay a percentage of royalties for the cover art. If your daughter enjoys reading authors who are currently publishing new books, she could draw something inspired by that authors work then emailing it to the author (or posting it to the authors FB page) together with an offer to do future cover art.

Srgt Hulka, I don't know what your daughters career plans are but if she is looking for some side work a lot of books depend on good cover art to boost sales. I read a lot of books on my kindle--and the cover art is usually of poor quality. I"ve heard that sometimes bestselling authors pay a percentage of royalties for the cover art. If your daughter enjoys reading authors who are currently publishing new books, she could draw something inspired by that authors work then emailing it to the author (or posting it to the authors FB page) together with an offer to do future cover art.

Hmm
    Hmmmm.gif

Her plans are to go into veterinarian medicine. She wants to be a Vet. But, a good side gig never hurts at all. I'll pass this along to her.
    Thanks diverdon.
    thumb.gif

Hmm
    Hmmmm.gif

Her plans are to go into veterinarian medicine. She wants to be a Vet. But, a good side gig never hurts at all. I'll pass this along to her.
    Thanks diverdon.
    thumb.gif
    She could be the frank netter of veterinary anatomy. That is unless he already did vet books. Didn’t check

Reactions: Barneybdb
    She could be the frank netter of veterinary anatomy. That is unless he already did vet books. Didn’t check

In that vein of thought you might want to take some precaution that your daughter retains copyright to all work she does as a student. It is not uncommon for professors to perceive their own station as being so glorious that they have the right to use the work of their students in their own publications and papers. Perhaps have an attorney draft a line of two to add to the admission form that your daughter retains all rights to the copyright of any original art.

Also it would not hurt for her to make a JPEG of everything she does and every so often file it with the copyright office. The creator automatically has copyright, but under copyright law is only entitled to "reasonable damages" however if the work is filed with the copyright office the creator is entitled to "treble damages and legal expense." The photographer who explained that to me said that this made it much easier to negotiate a reasonable settlement with people who had infringed his work.

In that vein of thought you might want to take some precaution that your daughter retains copyright to all work she does as a student. It is not uncommon for professors to perceive their own station as being so glorious that they have the right to use the work of their students in their own publications and papers. Perhaps have an attorney draft a line of two to add to the admission form that your daughter retains all rights to the copyright of any original art.

Also it would not hurt for her to make a JPEG of everything she does and every so often file it with the copyright office. The creator automatically has copyright, but under copyright law is only entitled to "reasonable damages" however if the work is filed with the copyright office the creator is entitled to "treble damages and legal expense." The photographer who explained that to me said that this made it much easier to negotiate a reasonable settlement with people who had infringed his work.

Thanks Diverdon. You are the second person to mention to me about getting her work copyrighted. I am going to look into doing that for her. You never know where she'll be or what she'll be doing 20 years from now.

Amazing talent and attention to detail. She must be able to really focus and have lots of patience. Which are hard to teach traits these days. Great job dad.

WOW! That is amazing!

I second the netter comment made many posts above. She could definitely make some sweet anatomy books

Srgt Hulka,
    Does your daughter Allison take requests, or only do works of her own inspiration?
    She has been asked several times to do special consinement drawings or paintings. She would LOVE to do them, but she just doesn’t have the time. She has three art classes this year. One is an advanced art class. She has to have 24 projects done this year in that one class alone. She won’t be doing any special projects any time soon. Thanks for asking though Sean. I’ll let her know that you asked.

My wife is a high school art teacher, she said that is very good and the hardest part is the reflection. I'm easily impressed so I think it's mind blowing LOL.