• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My daughter's first time shooting

gvanhyning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Took my daughter shooting for the first time on Tuesday. After I showed her and explained the basics it was all her show. Had the target set at 65 yards and she was shooting a Savage model 93 in .17 HMR. I think she did a great job and I was sure proud of her. She's ready to go do it again.

Re: My daughter's first time shooting

I would say she did an excellent job shooting. Keep at it as we need as many "normal" children for the next generation as we can get. Too many American children never get firearms training and it is a shame.

Took a while to find common ground. She doesn't fish or hunt but with more range time I think she could be really good. I thought she had pretty good form on the gun. The best part is she likes it and wanted to wear the 10 dot out.

Outstanding Dad!! Two big ol thumbs up on gettin her out to the range!! Hopefully with all hopes she will be buggin the crap outta ya to go more and more!!

Gotta love it... makin memories is a great thing!!

DK

I love to see the younguns shooting. Especially the girls. My oldest girl loves shooting but the baby (23) won't go near any gun. I reckon the libs done got ahold of her.

By the looks of the target, I say she did awesome.... I get there are guys here that cannot shoot like that.

Congrats on getting her into the sport with you.

That's great that you are taking the time to find an anctivity to share with her. Way to go Dad! Looks like you were at Dragon Man's in COS. I take my boy there occasionally and he loves it.

Good job getting her involved. I have been taking my 13 year old Grandson shooting some lately. We lost his mother ( our daughter) 1 year ago 8/26/10 and we try to spend as much time as possible with him. He loves shooting my AR, and I'm taking him to his first Appleseed in Sept. ( I'm a instructor). My son and other daughter both like to shoot and do it well.
We absolutely need more normal kids as a previous poster stated.

Something that I never had the pleasure of doing was shooting with my parents. Thank God for Scouting, or I never would have started. Keep it up, need more normal children, and parents
smile.gif