• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My deer. I was 12 years old

Keith Johns

Phoenix Custom Rifles
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Here's my couse white tail shot in southern Arizona. Scores 108", which is 1" over Arizona record book minimum. Falls short of Boone and Crocket by 2".

IMG_08381.jpg

Shot him when I was 12 at about 250-275 yards(we didn't use a rangefinder back then). Used a 7mag and 140 nosler ballistic tips.

I honestly didn't make a good shot (because I didn't have one of my awesome bolt knobs on my rifle) but I got him

Re: My deer. I was 12 years old

Nice buck. I got my first one over 30 years ago and remember it like it was yesterday. I wish I would have had my first one mounted like you did.

muledeer1968.jpg

Heres my first deer...November 1968.

Remington model 600 .308.

Yes it does...the idea behind that was to protect a right handed shooters trigger finger from getting hit by the bolt under recoil. The design was carried over to Remingtons XP 100 pistol.

FYI: I bought that rifle in the summer of 1967 brand new for $75.00. Back them you could order and have delivered, any firearm through the mail.

Shoveled a lot of snow, mowed a lot of grass and raked a lot of leaves for that rifle!! The scope, a 4X Bushnell arrived via Santa Claus December 1967.

That rifle still kicks like a Missuori mule!!!

Thats awesome. Looks like a 16" barrel right? weighing in at like 4.5lbs haha

Mine had a 16". But the bolt was more, "normal" than that.

Cheap ass plastic floor plate too that almost ruined my hunt.

I was supposed to use my M600 243 for my hunt, but at the last minute had to switch to my dads 7mag cuz my floor plate cracked on my 600.

The barrel on mine is 18.5" I agree with the plastic floor plate...I replaced mine eventually with a steel one from Brownells. Changing that out cost twice as much as I paid for the entire rifle!

the weight is 6 lbs. without the scope. (I took it off and now only shoot it with opens.)

Cool little rifles...do you still have yours?

Shit mine might have been 18.5" too but I remember 16 for some reason.

No, regrettably we sold it to help fund my next rifle. I've always only been able to afford one rifle at a time!

Can you machine screw a couple of remmy bolt handles for me?