• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Del-Ton is on the way...

Re: My Del-Ton is on the way...

Oh, wanted to give out a BIG Thank you to Del-Ton! yep, thanks for wasting 6 weeks of my time, and leading me around in circles. Yep, im the fool for believing it and chasing the info.

I should have gone with my gut (if you read one of my first posts, I pretty much predicted that this would happen), and NOT done business with you.

it goes to show, if a company can't return a phone call or email BEFORE you spend money with them, they sure and hell are not a company you need to consider doing business with. This has happened to me before, and 99% of the time, when it happens to me, I stay away from that company.

This time, I didnt follow my own rules, and went ahead and did business with someone I KNEW I shouldnt have, and it came back to bite me. I guess is what happens when trying to save a buck or 2, and willing to sacrifice some standars because of it.

Well, Ive learned my lesson, again.

So guys, to all of those that had good fortune with DelTon, glad, good for you. it turns out, Im the guy that got screwed.

My advice for possible future customers of DelTon? if you want to be mislead, or lied to, not have phone calls returned or emails answered, then they are your company. Because that is how I was treated.

To me, it's rather simple....if you work for, or own a company, you KNOW how busy you are. You KNOW if you can get a product out in a timely manner or not.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION in telling a customer 1-2 weeks, and almost 6 weeks later, still NO product. There is NO reason for that. NONE! I gave them every chance to make it right, very patient, all for nothing.

Anyone care to make a bet? I say that I get a phone call from Del-Ton telling me they are sorry, and that my rifle is being put in mail tomorrow.

Takers?

OK well, still havent heard back from Del-Ton.

Doesnt matter, as I just ordered my rifle from Cold Hand Arms (thanks for info guys)

From my understanding, they have 9 units in stock. Under the form when you purchase the kit, it gives you an area if you have any special instructions. basically, I said:

I understand that you have 9 units in stock..are they ready to be shipped out? if so, great, no need to call me. If there is going to be a delay in getting the rifle out, if you can have someone call me, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

So, we'll see how THIS turns out. And to be honest, even though Im a little pissed off at DelTon, obviously not THAT mad, because Im still sending them business by buying thier rifle, regardless of WHO it's from.
So, they are still winning, this I realize. Only thing they are losing is a little bit of money (obviously the kit they sell to Cold Hand Arms is not the same amount of money they would have gotten from me)
So, they are losing SOME money on the deal.

Got to figure, if the kit I was buying from del ton directly was costing me $485, and Im able to buy the same rifle for $449 from Cold Hand...would think Cold Hand paid anywhere from $350-$400 for it.
Even though Cold Hand says on thier site they are not making money on the rifle, I find that kind of hard to believe. You HAVE to make money to stay in business,so yo ucant sell stuff at your cost...that is, if you want to stay in business for any length of time.

So, maybe they are buying it for $425, and making $25 on it, but would think that that would be about as much as Cold hand paid for it.

So, I would think DelTon lost @ $60, up to @ $135 on the deal, which under grand scheme of things, is not a great deal of money. BUT, they lost any and all future business from me as well.

Anyways, enough with the ranting about DT.

So, without further adeu, I hope rifle shows up in next few days, and I can start posting pics of putting it together, and then results from gun range.

Will elt you guys know something as soon as I do...

Wow, how's THAT for quick. I checked my email a few minutes ago, and my rifle has ALREADY been picked up from Cold Hand! I placed my order @ 1:30 today, and I recieved an email from UPS @ 4:00 saying it's already been picked up, and is scheduled for delivery on Thursday, March 10th.

Wow, if I only knew then what I know now, could have saved me 6 weeks of waiting.

Again, thanks guys for info about Cold Hand...it appears they are on the ball!

No Problem. They are awesome to deal with. Their customer service is quick and on the point. They have always been great to me as well.
Good luck with it.

Again, thanks. Needless to say, they will have strong consideration from me in my next purchase of an AR. i still need to check out everything they offer. I only really checked out thier site for the Del-Ton, so not sure whatelse they really offer.

What I plan on doing is getting a set of free floating handguards, the low profile gas block (I like the YHM unit), so I can do away with teh front site.

Also, want to swap over to the A2 buttstock. I already have a set of 20 round Magpul mags, and a few hundred rounds of ammo ready to go.

After I get some use out of this rifle, my next AR is going up in Caliber (thinking 6.5 Grendel) and something in a 20" barrel...maybe stretch it out to 24", but I dont want to get to carried away with the weight on the next rifle.

WTF DID I TELL YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am NOT kidding you, Del-Ton, after taking 2 days to get in touch with me, responds by telling me, IT JUST SO HAPPENS WE GOT THE BARREL (even though last time, it was a box they were waiting on) IN TODAY, AND WE GOT YOUR RIFLE IN THE MAIL!

Now, how do you like them apples? I fuckin knew it! They day I decide to cancel my order and tell them I am done fuckin around with them, it JUST so happens, they get everything they need in, and my rifle is on its way!!!

WOW!!! I am simply amazed, and I have predicted this company to a "T"

I said in teh very beginning that I shouldnt use them, because of thier inability to return a phone call or answer an email, but decided to go with them anyways. I predicted that most times, using a company like that, will end up burning you.

They did, obviously.

THEN, i posted on here, that I would take anyone's bet, that AFTER I told them I was canelling my order, that somehow my rifle THEN would be done and on it's way, and sure fuckin enough, they tell me it's been mailed.

So, guys, it looks like I have TWO (2) rifles on the way. Both 16" M4 Carbines, A2 flash sup. The only difference is the "DelTon" Delton, I ordered with free floating handguards, YHM low pro gasblock (no front site) and the A2 buttstock.

The Cold Hand Arms Del Ton, is "stock".

So, I guess Im gonna sell one of them, or return the one back to Del-Ton. I dont need or want 2 of the basically same rifle.

I DO want another AR, but want a 20+" barrel, and would prefer a larger caliber...(6.5 grendel would be nice)

Wow, simply amazed, but not surprised. I called it. Ive been around teh block long enough to know how companies like this work...geez

I have placed an ad in the for sale section to see if anyone needs a rifle...I figure I have until Sunday to generate enough interest in one of the rifle's, because even though I am receiving the Cold Hand rifle today, I am NOT sending that one back. Those guys are great to deal with, and there is no way I would send the rifle back to them. I would eat the money before I did that to those guys.
DelTon on the other hand, HA! I will ahve no problem not accepting the rifle and sending it back to them and disputing charges.

So, guys, if you rae looking for a rifle, and want to save some money (even though they are brand new, obviously, I knocked some money off of what I paid for them)

So, now is your chance to get in the AR game for cheap...

Well, the one from Cold Hand Arms came in today:

DSCN4366.jpg

Gonna get it together tonight (well, hope to...got kids, wife, etc...)

If I do, will get it to range tomorrow.

Just to touch on del-ton service...

Oddly enough they have pretty up to date info on there facebook page. Current wait os 3-4 weeks and they hired a few people recently.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to touch on del-ton service...

Oddly enough they have pretty up to date info on there facebook page. Current wait os 3-4 weeks and they hired a few people recently. </div></div>

Didnt help me any though did it?

OK guys, couple pics for you:

DSCN4372.jpg

DSCN4374.jpg

DSCN4376.jpg

DSCN4383.jpg

Ive got to run, but will be back with details/info...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM, Have an offer for ya. </div></div>

PM replied. Thanks

Put it up for trade for a good 20" upper.

Just to be clear, youa re dealing with a AR "parts kit" correct (all but the lower)?

I seem to recall posting something about DelTon, but noone wants to hear it when they are emotionally (or financially) invested....

Hell, I'd advise shooting both uppers to make sure you keep one that works. You can swap handguards around to make sure the barrel that runs is the one you keep.

You will have better luck just selling the extra one as an upper and the lower parts kit and stock seperately instead of the "rifle" WITHOUT RECEIVER route you are taking now.

but again, I may not have a clue what I'm talking about.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put it up for trade for a good 20" upper.

Just to be clear, youa re dealing with a AR "parts kit" correct (all but the lower)?

I seem to recall posting something about DelTon, but noone wants to hear it when they are emotionally (or financially) invested....

Hell, I'd advise shooting both uppers to make sure you keep one that works. You can swap handguards around to make sure the barrel that runs is the one you keep.

You will have better luck just selling the extra one as an upper and the lower parts kit and stock seperately instead of the "rifle" WITHOUT RECEIVER route you are taking now.

but again, I may not have a clue what I'm talking about..... </div></div>

Yeah, I kind of went at it both ways...I figured I had to give to get. And if I was saving money on a rifle (clearly I am) over some other manufactures, what was I going to give? I was willing to give some leeway on customer service to save some $$$
But, it ended up being too much to give, so, fuck it. Went with another company and very happy that I did.

Well, my ad didnt generate ANYTHING....I got 1 (one) PM, and that was it.

So, Im disputing charges. Not gonna accept the rifle.

The reason I didnt want to shoot them before I tried to sell them was simply, you know how it goes.."oh, it has rounds through it, it's used up, I'll give you.... (insert ridiculously low offer) for it"

So, since it appears no one is really interested, and I dont want to be stuck with 2 identical rifles, and since i cancelled order a few days before they shipped it, no sense in me taking a hit ($$$) and trying to sell it.

So, dont accept rifle, dispute charges, and get all of my money back and I have a rifle that is already assembled and ready to get to range today!

Oh, BTW, yes, it was a completely assembled upper, with buttstock, and lower parts KIT.
I bought the stripped lower from DelTon as well though.

OK guys, here are some NOT so impressive results. Ya know, most people only post up their "good" or impressive results. Well, I give you both, when I have them that is. And today was a BAAAADDDD day.
1st..forgot my bag (ear protection, glasses, oil, tools, etc...)
2nd...windy as hell. I mean, easily 25-30MPH winds, and gusting 40MPH

OK, so here is picture from a 25 yard "group" (not sure you can call it that). But I will say this, and NOT to make excuses. After first shot, I notice my SPARC move. Well, it wasnt tightened. And, since I had no tools to tigthen it, basically screwed there. Then, no rear site, only front iron site, with no rear. And, since I had no tools to tighten scope, had no tools to RMOVE it either to try and get SOME view and use just front site.

So, I was shooting while looking through a scope that was bouncing around with only a front site.

So, obviously, not a fair day to post up results of the rifle, but screw it. Its called progress.

DSCN4416.jpg

ASyou can count, there are 24 marks, and would be nice to say I fired 24 times, and some might cheat and say they fired 25 shots. Not me...I fired 31 times. So missed paper from 25 yards 7 times. hey, what can I say.

heading to rodeo with wife and kids...got to run...more info later.

Peepaw, I predict this group shrinks by about 500% even at 100 yards, once you get the scope properly mounted and shoot on a non-hurricane force day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Peepaw, I predict this group shrinks by about 500% even at 100 yards, once you get the scope properly mounted and shoot on a non-hurricane force day. </div></div>

LOL!!! i sure HOPE so. if not, well, might as well shoot MYSELF!!! LMAO!!

Seriously though, I was rushed and I knew it. We had planned on rodeo for awhile, and I didnt get to make it to range on Friday like I wanted, and anyways, was really wantng to get it range to gt a few down.

So, was rushed, grabbed rifle, put in truck, and headed out. Hell, Im lucky I had ammo!!!

All in all, I DID actually get to "test" the rifle, even though i wasnt able to get an evaluation on the accuracy.

I WAS able to see if rifle would have any problems with ammo ejections/feed, quick mag ejection, ease of popping mag in, how rifle handled/felt, etc..

So, aside from an accuracy standpoint (to not fault of the rifle) I will say all in all rifle was very fun to shoot. I ended up putting 80 rounds down range yesterday, and NOT ONE problem. Case were landing @ 2-3 feet to my right and slightly behind me. Never jammed on me. Magazine ejected EASY. Literally fall out once release is pushed (I picked up some Magpul mags, 20 rounder's).
magazine clicked into place even easier. In fact, was so easy, I found myself a coupel times, checking mag to see if were all the way in.

rifle handled very well, and all in all, up to this point, very fun to shoot. I know 80 rounds is not much of a test, but it is a start, ad we'll go from there.

Also, I have had quite a few people PM me and ask me how difficult it was to put the lower together.
I can tell you this, I've never, ever taken ANY part of ANY gun apart (other than a scope), and was an absolute piece of cake. Seriously, anyone with any sense of mechanical know how, you could do this.

Granted, I build race cars for a living, so might be easy for me to say that. but seriously, there is not much to putting sme roll pins into place, and a couple springs. I think if you can change the oil on a car, or rotate tires, do a break job, you would have no problems assembling a lower.

I cant tell you on the upper, since obviously it comes assembled. but, you guys stay tuned and wee will know about that soon enough. My next gun will be another AR...gonna build an upper, and probaly just use this lower between the 2 uppers.
Thinking of doing one chambered (think I said this above few posts) with the 6.5 Grendel. Plan on doing most of the assembly on that myself. I would say that will be in the next couple months.

If I get enough interest or requests, Im thinking of taking the lower apart, and putting it back together and taking pics of every step, so those that have been asking, know how easy it is.
I was able to put the lower together with ONE (1) specialized tool..the pivot pin installation tool
Other than that, I used little brass hammer, a set of channel locks (and a towel) roll pin punch, and some painters masking tape. "They" say you need a roll pin starter punch, but I didnt use any, and I found allof the roll pin punches very easy to start with regular roll pin punch (in fact, I didnt even use a roll pin punch to start them..I jsut simply held th eroll pin with one hand, and used my brass hammer to start it, then grabbed roll pin punch, and finished it off)
I used the painters tape to tape up the lower, so I didnt accidentally scratch it. In hindsight, probaly overkill, and probaly didnt need it.
I used the channel locks (and a towel) on teh buttstock lock ring, I know it calls for a special tool as well (spanner wrench), but I didnt have one. So, since I didnt want to scratch the lock ring, I put a heavy cloth towel around teh lock ring, and tightened it with my channel locks. Worked like a champ.

I liken them to doing drum brakes without the cursing and busted knuckles....
All in all, not a bad showing. You can see the circular pattern from the red dot moving around in the rail, and the capture.
I have a wrench I got from Midway: TAPCO Multi-Tool AR-15 Mil-Spec Steel Product #: 154145 for $9.00. Extremely versatile as it does flash hiders as well.
Don't forget to stake punch the plate to the nut so it does not back out. Had that happen at a range once, learned the hard way.
Cant wait to see the update!

Thanks for info!

What actually happened, I guess to clarify why I didnt have the proper tools is because they were on backorder.

What happened was, as soon as I ordered rifle, I went over to Midway, placed order for teh tools that I was going to need. I recerved teh pivot pin install tool, brass hammer..everything else was on backorder. I called Midway last week to check status on those, and they said they still didnt have the items in stock yet.
I think I hopped on Magpuls website (at least, i think it was them) and when I ordered the Mag's, I checked to see if they had the tools as well, and THEY were on backorder as well)

So, I kind of "made do" with what I had. I am sure that having the right tool (it always does) would have made my job even easier, but hey...we are learning as we go.

Well, I got teh scope tightened down this evening,and played around withteh rifle...took bolt out, along with chargin handle.

I am trying to figure out the handguards however, and how to take those off. I see there is a fitting, that is spring loaded, and you can pull down on it, to release the rear of the handguards, but appears front site holds the front of the handguards in place.
Looks like front site has some roll pins that hold it in place, but still studying those first. I would like to be able to go down, and site rifle in before I start jacking with the iron site.

There's a handguard tool.........or, there is a two person method. (You may be able to do it yourself) Unloaded , stand it on its butstock barrel up. Have someone pull the tail ring between the upper reciever and the handguards straight down to the receiver, and the top and bottom guards should be able to be removed. Reverse for instalation

If you need any more detail, shoot me a message.

Hey thanks...I followed that link yo ugave me in the PM (awesome! guess I dont need to do any write up for anyone, just copy it and paste it for anyone else that asks me!)

That "fitting" i wa talking about, found out is teh "Delta ring"

I pulled back on it (towards receiver) and HG's dont want to budge. Is kind of hard not being able to place rifle in vice, so having to hold rifle steady, pull back on delta ring, then try and wiggle and free teh HG's.

So, might need to get a block so I can place rifle in a vice to make it easier.

I was also looking at front site, and tucked in right behind the site, it has a "cover", and slides over the HG's, and appears to be a locking tab. So, it LOOKS like this cover holds teh front of the HG's in place, which, if that IS the case, then I would have to remove the front site to remove the cover to remove teh HG's.

I could be wrong...need to study it more...or, what say you? Am I looking at it wrong? Or, DOES this particular cover hold teh HG's in place on the front side?

Oh mercy me, me likey!

Gotta LOVE having teh right tool, for the job!! Gotta get me one of them puppies!

Thanks for link brother! Not sure what you are doing this coming weekend, but maybe we can hook up and do some shooting!

My kiddo's are on spring break, and still trying to take them camping this week up there at SHNF, right up there in your neck of teh woods...I gotta make some phone calls tomorrow and see if they have any campsites still available, and will let ya know...

You are a dipshit. I can't believe someone hasn't posted this yet.

You didn't do enough research, you wanted a rifle quickly, and you still bought a rifle kit directly from DTI. You then bitched incessantly about the wait. Then, though you've only shot an AR once, now that it's finally arrived, you bitch it shoots like shit, IN YOUR HANDS, and you admit you don't even know how to take off the hand guards.

Have you considered it's just you? You can't even spell the word 'the' correctly in twenty posts. No wonder no one wants to do business with you..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are a dipshit. I can't believe someone hasn't posted this yet.

You didn't do enough research, you wanted a rifle quickly, and you still bought a rifle kit directly from DTI. You then bitched incessantly about the wait. Then, though you've only shot an AR once, now that it's finally arrived, you bitch it shoots like shit, IN YOUR HANDS, and you admit you don't even know how to take off the hand guards.

Have you considered it's just you? You can't even spell the word 'the' correctly in twenty posts. No wonder no one wants to do business with you.. </div></div>

la di da...guess you didnt read, Ive never bitched about the way it shoots. In fact, ass clown, I said it was ME. Always got to be an idiot in the crowd that has to be an ass, and scans over the thread instead of reading it, and picking out bits and pieces.
Not that I have to justify anything to an asshole like you, but I can spell "the" just fine nutsack. My typing sucks, and it comes out that way, so i dont go back and change it, so what...are you the fucking spell check wizard around these parts?

Go piss on your own thread....
whistle.gif

Oh, my bad...about me bitching about the "wait"...not, it was more of me being lied to. Again, read the thread, or rather yet, dont, and move along...

yeah, I can admit that I cant take off the hand guards, so FUCKING WHAT. Because YOU can, that makes you what, less of an asshole? Not hardly, just because you can take off hand guards, means you will still wake up tomorrow morning the same prick you are now...

I had read the entire thread, post by post, word for word. I stand by my remarks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are a dipshit. I can't believe someone hasn't posted this yet.

Have you considered it's just you? You can't even spell the word 'the' correctly in twenty posts. No wonder no one wants to do business with you.. </div></div>

Rough evening?

One thing that I believe people have to keep in mind is that not everybody has the funds available to dump high money into something, and especially for the first try of a specific platform. Being able to budget a skill is key to an individuals success at that skill in today's economy. Also, not everybody here had the opportunity to learn from Uncle Sam about basic marksmanship and weapons platform experience due to active, reserve or deployment.

Should a person not come here to learn, and to better themselves?
I believe that the two posts you made were uncalled for.

I commend him for working thru the issues, and staying the course. Learning is a lifelong event, and as always, a verbal attack accomplishes nothing. I am also willing to bet that there are numerous individuals on the forum that greatly benefitted from this posting and updating that are in the same position as the OP.

Something to think about....

Thanks layinclose2hell...what Ive learned over the years, is that there is always someone that has to make his comments. So, when I post the TRUTH (as in, sure, didnt know how to take off handguards), I KNOW there is the threat that some guy will make a comment to ridicule that person.

it's OK though..if I was worried about those comments, I sure and hell wouldnt post something like that up. Like my "results" from my first outing with the AR. I KNOW that they are far from being impressive, and border on being absolutely ridiculously horrible. But, I posted it up, because its what happened my first time out.
I also know that it was because of me rushing out, and not tightening down my scope, and with no rear site, basically shooting a rifle with NO site's on it.

My comments about the Handguards. Again, no, I didnt know how to remove them at teh time. I also hadnt really studied them either. So, I asked you guys, and you helped me out, showed me some tips, and voila:

IM002941.jpg

I got them off last night.

Ya know, fact is, I would say a great number of guys on this site SAY they can do this, or do that (like my "friend" above) and fact is, most of them are what I call "internet" professionals. Ya know, they come on a public forum, and brag about them grouping 1/4" MOA, banging steel at 1000 yards, bedding an action, taking off handguards ;), but, they really cant do it. Just SAY they can.

So, Im the honest guy, that can say he didnt know how to take off handguards. But, Im also the guy that can and will figure it out.

Also, not that Im worried about how much money I make or have, and what I can or cant buy, fact is, I could have bought just about any AR out there, but I didnt, for a reason. I DID buy the cheapest I could find, again, for a reason. Because I wanted to be able to learn how to assemble/disassemble an AR, and I didnt want to do it on a more expensive AR, in case I screwed it up.
Why try and become a mechanic, and get "hand's on" knowledge when first starting out, on a Lamborghini? Simple, you DONT. You start out, working on crap, and work your way up.

Now, Im not saying the Del Ton is crap (in fact, I have been very happy with the fit, other then the handguards, and the performance of it). Im just saying, I grabbed the most budget oriented AR I could, to get my "hands on" knowledge with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peepaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys, here are some NOT so impressive results. Ya know, most people only post up their "good" or impressive results. Well, I give you both, when I have them that is. And today was a BAAAADDDD day.
1st..forgot my bag (ear protection, glasses, oil, tools, etc...)
2nd...windy as hell. I mean, easily 25-30MPH winds, and gusting 40MPH

OK, so here is picture from a 25 yard "group" (not sure you can call it that). <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> <span style="color: #FF0000">But I will say this, and NOT to make excuses. After first shot, I notice my SPARC move. Well, it wasnt tightened. And, since I had no tools to tigthen it, basically screwed there. Then, no rear site, only front iron site, with no rear. And, since I had no tools to tighten scope, had no tools to RMOVE it either to try and get SOME view and use just front site.

So, I was shooting while looking through a scope that was bouncing around with only a front site.

So, obviously, not a fair day to post up results of the rifle, but screw it. Its called progress. </span>

. </div></div>

Exactly where in this post from above, am I complaining about the RIFLE being at fault for my poor outing?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peepaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
layinclose2hell said:
Part of me wants to say screw it, cancel the order, save some money, and pick it up from Cold Hand.
<span style="color: #FF0000">The other part of me says that I should give them (del-Ton) the benefit of the doubt, give them some more time, and wait a little longer</span>.

I mean, I dont owe them anything, <span style="color: #FF0000">but I placed my order with them, and I would like to be able to follow through with that, and Im willing to give them that oppurtunity. </span>Just not going to continually get the run around from them.

So, hopefully, they (Del Ton) can get rifle in mail by Saturday, <span style="color: #FF0000">and aside from a little ranting by me here in this thread, I think everyone would be happy at that point. I mean, it's not like Im pissed off or anything..would call it a little frustrated by turn of events is a better description of it</span>.

OK guys, Im hoping for the best.... </div></div>

I dont want to continue to drag this debate on with my "friend", but the above is dated March 3, which is a month after I had placed my order, and I was STILL wanting to do business with them, even after I was told that it would be 1-2 weeks when I ordered it. Then 3 weeks, then 4 weeks, then NO DATE.

Look, Im not sure how you do business with someone, bt if someone tells me something, and Im spending money with that person, I expect them to follow through with it. Rather simple. if they tell before I gave them my money, that it would me a month, or 2 months, or they werent sure when it was going to go out, then I would have NO beef with them.
But, BEFORE I gave them money, I was told 1-2 weeks. And it wasnt here. What is so hard to understand about that? Huh? I mean, maybe you are OK with being misguided, and lead astray with people you do business with, but Im not.
That is just poor business to say something that simply isnt true.

BUt yet, after being told different things over and over and over, I was STILL hoping to do business with them, and the above post proves that. SO, Im not quite sure what you are reading, other then interpeting it in your own way.

OK, Im done.

Back to rifle...

I got HG's off, and Im gonna try and get some new one's ordered up. I think YHM makes a set of free floating that I really like...gonna take a look at those. Also, would like to get a sling for it

Sorry, I wasn't implying a funds issue for you personally, just making a general case if it for those of us on a budget or just starting out. Like I said, I commend you for learning the "ins and outs" and cutting your teeth in a responsible manner as well as your honesty.

Have fun with it and learn. Thats what its all about if you do not need these skills in a combat or LEO situation.

Looking forward to hitting the range!

Oh yeah...I have a YHM Diamond Specter freefloat I'll take to the range if you want to try out the handguards for feel, they are a bit wide. I like them beefy, some others do not, to each their own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: layinclose2hell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I wasn't implying a funds issue for you personally, just making a general case if it for those of us on a budget or just starting out. Like I said, I commend you for learning the "ins and outs" and cutting your teeth in a responsible manner as well as your honesty.

Have fun with it and learn. Thats what its all about if you do not need these skills in a combat or LEO situation.

Looking forward to hitting the range!

Oh yeah...I have a YHM Diamond Specter freefloat I'll take to the range if you want to try out the handguards for feel, they are a bit wide. I like them beefy, some others do not, to each their own. </div></div>

Oh man, I know you werent. So, no worries there. I was just offering a clearer explanation on why I chose teh rifle I did is all.

OK, I just ordered up a sling for the AR. I went with the Mamba. Will get pics and what not up when it gets here.