• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My EBR

VonReich

Staff Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Houston, TX
My M14 EBR at the 1k range
a close up on my scope mount
my 290m Ace of spades

and my M24 SWS

Re: My EBR

you guys need the m4 buffer tube on those things, i hate teh two prongs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how did she do at 1k? </div></div>

This.. Cool pic

if you are looking for a mount. check out the laure mount made for the ebr. call them and they will tell you what one. i have one on mine and it works really well. simple strong and light too.

This is my every day rifle out here in Afghanistan, i take it everywhere.

I dont believe it should have a buffer tube on them, it would just be more of a bitch to clean. the way the M1A series cycles makes life so much easier when it comes to cleaning.

The stock... Its the M14 EBR stock made by Sage International. they run approx 800, i gotta say they make the rifle look nutty. the adjustable cheek weld and length of pull make it feel amazing!

the group... 118LR Match, shortly after the picture was taken a dust storm rolled in and cut our abilities to play out to the distances we wanted to. but at 290m i put a round through the center spade on the ace of spades. i have pics to prove

the pics... these were actually taken by a good friend of mine that works for National Geographic when he's not deployed with the reserves.

I myself am active

I'll snap some more pics when i go out terrorist hunting today.

yeah, 20rd mags btw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VonReich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my every day rifle out here in Afghanistan, i take it everywhere.

I dont believe it should have a buffer tube on them, it would just be more of a bitch to clean. the way the M1A series cycles makes life so much easier when it comes to cleaning.

The stock... Its the M14 EBR stock made by Sage International. they run approx 800, i gotta say they make the rifle look nutty. the adjustable cheek weld and length of pull make it feel amazing!

the group... 118LR Match, shortly after the picture was taken a dust storm rolled in and cut our abilities to play out to the distances we wanted to. but at 290m i put a round through the center spade on the ace of spades. i have pics to prove

the pics... these were actually taken by a good friend of mine that works for National Geographic when he's not deployed with the reserves.

I myself am active </div></div>

BigJoe wasn't suggesting that you change the operating system of the rifle to make the buffer tube function.

He was suggesting that you use a chassis that uses a tubed rear to adjust the stock over the 2 prongs. And I agree, the prongs are a pain in the arse.

The Troy system is an example of what he was talking about...

url]

url]

pics pulled from google search.

Those seem like the buffer assy would make for an easier adjustment ability. I like the several adjustments that the current two prong has; ie more than 6 positions for length of pull, and approx 10 cheek riser positions 1/4" apart.

This is how the rifle came from TACOM after taking the US Army issue M14/M21 National Match rifles back and fitting them with the modular stock to become the M14 EBR platform. I'm very limited in what i can do to it; I am an armorer and all for my unit but the actual level of certification for that modification is not a level i'm certified for. I would be all for doing some mods to the current build (removing forward rails, and a double action feather trigger) it just takes time to make happen. I like that stock though. Does anyone want some close up picture of it for personal use? I know someone asked if the scope mount was an ARMS mount... It is very similar to ARMS, in fact it is a double throw-lever mount with a safety lock. I dont know if ARMS is the company that makes it, but i will say its DAMN sturdy. removing the mount is easy, but requires a rezero every time. The interesting part i like about this stock and setup is that if for any reason your main optic fails or breaks you can remove the throw lever mount and use the irons still. all of the upper rails have grooves cut to fully use the iron sights.

I'll supply pictures, you guys just tell me what you want to view, if there is anything in particular.

i sure like that set up , looks great. I have a Scout Squad in a EBR that i am building now. did you not like the Sage mount ? also what scope do u have on it . and i would love more pictures you could email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your service,
Jason Williamson

von reich the buffer tube assembly is approved by SOCOM as they were on every EBR we had before we gave them to the ship boarding teams... worst mistake EVER!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i sure like that set up , looks great. I have a Scout Squad in a EBR that i am building now. did you not like the Sage mount ? also what scope do u have on it . and i would love more pictures you could email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your service,
Jason Williamson </div></div>

what do you mean about the Sage mount? as far as the optics mount? I'm currently using a Leupold LRT Mk 4 8.5-25x50mm. its a bit overkill but its a mean scope for what i use it for.

Thank you!

i mean did u not like the one that Sage makes for it the Sage EBR, Cantilevered mount sorry i wasn't too clear i just woke up . I am going with the sage mount and scope i have on layaway is the Nightforce F1 3.5-15x50. I think the F1 is perfect for short to long range for the 18 inch build i am working on . what sling set up are you rocking? style brand ect.

Thanks for your help,
Jason

i actually removed my front sling mount and ran a double strand paracord loop through the frame and use a standard 1" army webbing sling for it. i didnt like how far forward it went, so i moved it to just forward of the mag well. i was using a single point Tactical Tailor sling for a while, but when you think about it - you're putting a CQB sling on a SWS. My buddy uses a old M60 sling on his and it works great, comfortable too.

I love the way a EBR looks. im using the sage stripper clip guide rail and the front top rail to mount my leupold 3-9 mark ar mil dot with lever throw rings. its the lowest mounting system ive found that gives the option of using iron sights after 2 lever throws and doesnt need re zeroing.

Damn, just when I thought I had talked myself out of an EBR build. I love those guns. Great pictures!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">stay safe out there and thank you for your service. nice rifle btw </div></div>

+1

What's the wire in front of the front scope ring for? Thanks for your service.

That wire is a safety lacing wire. usually used for castle nuts, emergency switches, or stongly lacing things together. I use it to lace my scope to the mount, and the mount to the rifle. in a worst case scenario - should screws back out, its still attached to my base. my base has two throw levers and a center safety piece that keeps the throw levers from popping out. so i laced that into place and to the rifle. its just a measure of making sure nobody fucks with my rifle and making sure i dont lose anything. i dont casually take it out, i take it out every day so i need a solid answer of if it'll hold or not. Lacing wire does the trick.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">That</span> is <span style="font-weight: bold">very nice</span></span>!!!
wink.gif

Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VonReich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My M14 EBR at the 1k range
a close up on my scope mount
my 290m Ace of spades

and my M24 SWS </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Outstanding!</span>

Thank you for sharing and stay safe.

Just got a couple EBR's here too and just got a chance to shoot them out to about 1300 and definitely had a better experience than our last ones. Before, the accuracy was very hit or miss with a few of them shooting 3+ minutes so they were sent back. Our new ones are much better with none shooting over a minute and most closer to the half inch mark. Glad to see that yours is shooting well.