• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing my farthest coyote...so far

lukeed78

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
west tennessee
[img:left]http://
DSC_2227.jpg
[/img]

my wife told me that she had been seeing a coyote the past few mornings about the same time. i was ready and waiting this morning. when i finally spotted her she was sitting in the edge of the field at what i knew was a little over 525 yds. i dialed in my 525 yd DOPE and held on her head and took the shot. she dropped dead. i had hit her in the center of the chest. Google Earth said it was 540 yds. if not for what i've learned here, i would have been very lucky to make this shot six months ago.

The Remington Model 700...protecting kids and kitties from creeps and critters for 50 years.

Re: my farthest coyote...so far

I thought you were using the kids and kitties as bait! Hey great shot and a good looking 'yote

i might use a kittie for bait, but not my kids. we have some good looking dogs around here, none of that mangy stuff that i hear about on here and some other forums.

Nice shot!!! Details...caliber, bullet, wind??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: med17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shot!!! Details...caliber, bullet, wind?? </div></div>

thanks! R700 SPS Varmint .308 still in the junk factory stock, AAC Cyclone suppressor, Nikon Monarch 4-16 mildot, Sierra 155gr PALMA match at around 2950 fps. wind was calm.