• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My faux GAP Hospitaller project

Aaron47pb

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2014
Moscow, ID
A GAP Hospitaller is basically my dream rifle. On top of being a GAP, I just think it’s a beautiful rifle. But I am not currently in a place where I can rationalize purchasing one. So I decided to build a Remington 700 in the image of my dream gun.

I started with a lightly used Remington 700 5R Tactical barreled action – the cerekoted black 24” fluted barrel model that I believe was an AcuSport distributor exclusive. I then sent the bolt to Accurate Ordnance to have a Badger bolt knob installed. I replaced the factory trigger with a Timney 510. Then I stumbled upon a Coyote Tan Manners T4A Mini-Chassis in stock and on sale (at bullets.com) and I jumped on it. I topped it off with a used Bushnell G2DMR, Vortex rings, and Atlas and viola… my faux Hospitaller was born:

GM6GWGul.jpg

gIA77A4l.jpg

edprmaCl.jpg

ml5UZSal.jpg

I took it out last weekend to see what it could do with some 168gr FGMM:

6oNHj4p.png

I was planning on doing some ladder tests this weekend but life got in the way, so here I am posting about rather than actually shooting it.

All told, I am only ~ $2,750 into this rifle and set up (I lucked out on some great deals along the way). Needless to say, I am really excited and I look forward to shooting the crap out of this thing. I hope to send it to GAP late 2015 or early-mid 2016 to be trued and rebarreled. Obviously, owning a real GAP Hospitaller is still a goal of mine, but there are some important things I need to accomplish first.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
5R's will shoot with the best of them, you have a very fine rifle right there. Congrats!