• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My Fifteen year old Daughters Range Day

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
My middle daughter of which I have taken hunting and shooting since she was three has expressed an interest in long range shooting. I gave her a crash course today in MOA and dialing her dope as well as other fundamentals related to this type of shooting. We took a short range trip and we began at 100 yards and that was too easy for her so I upped the annie and she was up ringing steel at 150! Targets were steel silhouettes 2.5"x 3.5" and she was shooting my CZ 452 Varmit with Wolf MT and Vortex Viper 6.5-20x42. She ended the session dialing back to zero and confirming, not bad for a first time trip just being introduced to this form of shooting. She is hoping to tag along with me in July and try some comps.
1zyarg5.jpg

Re: My Fifteen year old Daughters Range Day

Nice work! She'll intimidate a few boys telling about her shooting interests

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work! She'll intimidate a few boys telling about her shooting interests </div></div>

If she intimidates them, they are pansies.

2.5x3.5 at 150 is pretty good shooting to boot.

Congratulations and good luck with the continuing education in long range shooting.

Best of all had to be the Dad and daughter one on one time. I love those days.

What kind of .22 are you going to build her?

Hey that's great reeljob the way she's taking to the shooting. Nicely done, her and you both!
smile.gif

Thanks guys, not sure what I am going to build for her. She has always been quite the shot,she fired her first high power rifle at age three, took her first deer at age eight with a 7mm Rem Mag. 200 yards and has proved herself capable with everything she has applied herself too including schoolwork.
As far as boys are concerned the more intimidating she is the better! When they see her handle a firearm they will either stay away or think more than twice about inappropriate behavior.
I am a very proud dad to say the least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work! She'll intimidate a few boys telling about her shooting interests </div></div>

If she intimidates them, they are pansies.

2.5x3.5 at 150 is pretty good shooting to boot. </div></div>

Boys are pansies these days. Seems everyone is raising peace loving, gun hating hippy pussies.

I hope my kids take to shooting as well as your daughter has. My dad never taught my sisters to shoot because he never figured they would be interested in it. I taught them to, and they both enjoy it a lot.

Not all boys are pansies these days. I bet there are plenty of guys her age who will think that her shooting is "badass" and "awesome."

When I took my girlfriend shooting for the first time, she was intimidated a little bit. She was a natural with pistols, though. Since then, she has learned to shoot shotguns and a small amount about precision rifle shooting. She is very patient and attentive (like most girls are around guns) and enjoys trying new guns and types of shooting. She has taken several of her friends out shooting without me being around and all of them have really enjoyed it, too.

I guess my point is that a lot of women are just never exposed to shooting, but those that are often have a lot of fun and are--as a rule-easier to teach and safer on the line than males of the same age and experience level. Good on you for raising her right, and good on her for shooting so well!

+1 for taking your kids to the range
smile.gif

ec22cbe7.jpg

Mine is 9 and loves to go to the range. she likes beating up the 1" plate at 50 yards with her 22lr

Anything that allows quality time with our family is GTG in my book. I enjoy time on the range or anywhere else for that matter, but there is something special about passing on a knowledge that was passed down to me from my Dad. It is a passing the torch kinda thing that keeps the fire going for future generations.
Thanks for all the kind words guys.
Reeljob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boys are pansies these days. Seems everyone is raising peace loving, gun hating hippy pussies.</div></div>

The yankee ones, anyway.

CW

Always good to see new shooters! Keep up the good work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boys are pansies these days. Seems everyone is raising peace loving, gun hating hippy pussies.</div></div>

The yankee ones, anyway.

CW </div></div>

*groan*

Back to reality, if our sports/lifestyles/Constitutional rights are to survive, introducing your children to shooting and supporting youth shooting sports are essential. I think shooting is something that can give young girls a lot of confidence because it is something that doesn't require a lot of strngth or size and is, by its nature, an assertive/dominant activity. I'm really glad that attitudes are changing in the shooting sports community so that girls are actively encouraged to participate.

And a girl that learns to shoot when she is young is probably less likely to bring home a boy you don't want to imagine as your son-in-law.