• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first 308 gas gun and I'm happy

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
This build has been in progress for a long time now and things finally came together.

recceh.jpg

recceh2.jpg

and a shot of the reprofiling from ADCO

recceh3.jpg

Build is as follows

DPMS lower
DPMS upper
DPMS AP4 barrel reprofiled by ADCO
Fulton Armory BCG
KAC SR25 URX
MAGPUL UBR
KAC 200-600M micro BUIS
Geissele SSA
MIAD modded to fit right
Slash buffer
TA11J-308
Larue LT-100

Just got back from the range and all I can say is that I am extremely happy with the gun.

Balance - The gun handles great and doesn't feel heavy at all
Recoil - using pod claws I was able to load the bipod up and there was very little movement in the reticle under recoil. I could easily spot my shots at 400 and 500yds
Accuracy - the gun will do under MOA and this gun was designed to be used between 200 and 500 yards and it does its job very well
Optics - the BDC is PERFECT with this gun using BH 175SMK which chronos at 2430 out of this 16" gun

We set up some targets at 250, 300, 400 and 500 yards and this is a shot at 500yds

I'm holding right on the target in the picture

ta11.jpg

I was making 1st and 2nd rd hits easily using the BDC and I really like the stadia for wind hold

Re: My first 308 gas gun and I'm happy

Great looking and handy stick there...would be fun with some irons too.

Lookin good... Nothin like a project that comes to completion....SmokeRolls

Great looking rifle. I really like how the hand guard extends beyond the gas block covering it. ACOG, stock.... all comes together really nicely. Are you running the PMags with it?

Just wondering if you have an idea of what it weighs now. I have an LR308 with the 24"BBL (it's heavy) and I'm going to use it as is for now but someday I'd like to shorten down to an 18-20 range to mount a suppressor.

JMC

Very clean looking. My next build is going to be very similiar. How do you like the stock?

thanks guys,

the stock is prefect for me shooting prone and it doesnt feel like its going to move on me under recoil.

And I love the optic. The BDC is right on using the 175SMK running at 2450 only I had to change was get a scope fly for it to limit the amount of light hitting that fiber optic pick up

How do you like you KAC 200-600M micro BUIS?

Are they adjustable for windage and elevation? What are the increments in (1 MOA, .5 MOA, .25 MOA, 1/10 MIL)?

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

I like the BUIS and yes it is adjustable for windage and elevation but i'm not sure of what increments they are. You're suppose to zero it at 25m and the BDC will work out to 600M.

The front sight is a pain in the ass though since it's just a post that is adjusted with an allen wrench