• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My first AICS 1.5

GunjunkieM24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
Monahans Tx
Here is a pic of my first AICS stock on a PSS rifle

specs:

Trued 700 action
Set barrel back and recut chamber
Black AICS 1.5
Badger base and MK 4 rings
USO SN3 with EREK Knob and MOA reticle

Re: My first AICS 1.5

MK 4 Mediums. I wound up going with the highs after that pic. I just couldnt get a good picture unless I was on the bench and really had my cheek perfect. The high rings solved that problem...

Howdy,
How does it shoot? Did you bed it? Did you use the stock recoil lug? If so was there much excess space in the recoil lug slot? How much does does you rig weight?
Thanks dagger

I have a 700 that had the chamber recut and set back. Man, it shoots everything I have thus far stuffed in it very well. Nice boomdinger.

Dagger
It shot sub .500 and I cant remember the lug on the AICS. I think it was the stock lug IIRC. There is a space in front of the lug and I did not bed it. I have since installed the Tubb recoil lugs on my latest build and had to mill the recoil area some to get it to fit.

nashlaw,
I have done a couple that way with the remington 308's. They usually shoot pretty decent to begin with but getting rid of some of the free bore Remington puts in the chamber really seems to help them.