• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My First AICS

khall540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Beaver Dam, WI
I finally have my build just about complete so I thought I would share. Everything was purchased from fellow hide members so thank you to all who helped contribute to this. It is a standard Rem 700 barreled action/trued/lugs lapped/etc. in 300 Win Mag. Factory trigger tuned to the best 2 lbs I've ever pulled. Spiral fluted bolt and barrel and Ross Schuler break. The only thing the action is going to need is a new bolt knob to help clear around the scope a bit. AICS 2.0. Badger Ordnance 20moa base and standard rings. Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP mil/mil. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Still trying to search for some FGMM 190gr SMK at a decent price. Other wise I'm loving this thing. It is quite a bit lighter than my .308 with a Manners T4A which surprised me a bit. Only thing I'm missing is a sling, nicer bipod and the bolt knob I think. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it shoots when I get out the range with it. Thanks again for everyone who helped with this build as this was the first barreled action I have purchased on the hide and all transactions were super smooth and easy.

Your barrel, your bolt, your living room table all have the spiral twist thing going on... and in the same direction. Kind of freaky.

Your barrel, your bolt, your living room table all have the spiral twist thing going on... and in the same direction. Kind of freaky.

Ha! I just noticed that. It only took me about 10 minutes of looking back and forth at the pictures to notice what you were talking about with the table, but now I see it.

So what do you think of the AICS compared to the Manners? I am on the fence about getting a new stock.