My First Anschutz

GoggledIt

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    NwcAski.jpg

Anschutz 1710 HB

2021 was such an epic rebound for my employer after all the Covid 19-lockdowns and quarantines that they saw fit to give me a little surprise a couple of weeks ago: 200% of my usual annual bonus. I was speechless. Yeah, I worked hard and put in a lot of hours last year to make up for 2020 but I never imagined them ever being that generous.

Well, it didn't take too terribly long to figure-out what I wanted to get. My shooting preferences had taken a hard turn towards .22LR during the last couple of years of ammo shortages and pandemic price-gouging. I had already picked-up a couple of nice bolt-action 22's but, I've been lusting for an Anschutz for the better part of 35 years.

beuHYk3.jpg

Zeiss Conquest V6 5-30x50, Talley Medium Lightweight rings.

So, this is my 'grail' .22 hunting/plinking/range fun set-up. Selecting the rifle was the easy part, but choosing a scope was fun. I wanted Schott-quality glass, a lot of magnification and something that would have a very low bore axis after I mounted it. Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski made the final cut. I chose the Zeiss because I thought it had the best brightness and clarity of those three.

OF5IowK.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned-out, but the real test would be how it shot, of course. I immediately ordered my two-box limit of Lapua Midas + and Eley Match from Midway USA and while waiting impatiently for it to arrive, I did something I almost never do: sight-in a new rifle on a windy day. The weekend before last was pretty mild, mid-60's, but the wind was gusting 10-15MPH and I decided to go for it anyway.

hfNyuud.jpg

Last year, I stocked-up on SK Standard Plus, SK Rifle Match and various types of Eley I could get from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. That's one of the advantages of belonging to an affiliated club. Knowing that conditions weren't going to be the best for accuracy testing, I grabbed a couple of boxes of SK Standard Plus. I figured if nothing else, I could achieve a half-ass'd sight-in at 50 yards and the SK Standard Plus is a pretty consistently decent-performer in all my 22 rifles.

7iX7rnv.jpg

So, the first five shots landed on the paper at five o'clock and I adjusted windage/elevation on my scope and shot another 5, pausing briefly between shots for the wind to die-down. The next 5 impacted slightly above and left of the target dot. I made another adjustment and the third, five-shot group hit pretty close to center. The wind absolutely sucked but, oh man, I didn't care. Not really. The two-stage trigger on this rifle is probably the best I have ever shot. It's like buttah. And now I have a better understanding of what the fuss is all about: the Model 54 action is smooth as glass. I thought my Sako Quad Varmint was smooth, but there's really no comparison.

OX0Plrk.jpg

Once it was more-or-less sighted-in, I loaded three five round mags and tried to shoot the center out of the other 50-yard target I put up. There were times when I had to wait several minutes for the wind to calm down but, I thought that was a decent 15-round group for (relatively) inexpensive ammo and the prevailing weather conditions.

5rHQzMB.jpg

This was my best five-shot, 50-yard group of the day. One puff of wind on the last shot screwed me on what would've been a nice one-hole, sub-half inch group. LOL Still, I can't complain. If it shoots that good in less-than-ideal conditions, I can't wait to see what it does on a calm day with better ammo. And that day would be today! It's supposed be sunny, 65F and NO wind here today. I now have my ration of Lapua Midas + and Eley Match that I'm hoping to test a few hours from now. I'll share the results when I return this afternoon.

gkgeiger

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 10, 2020
    Central Florida
    Good pictures, good wood also. I recently got my first Annie also, it's a 1710D HB. I'm a single stage trigger guy. I've only had it to the range once, shot it from a rest. I'm going to use a bipod but I don't trust the screw in stud. When I get back to Ohio I will remedy that situation.

Panther

Competition Shooter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jun 21, 2009
    Alabama
    Nice rifle! I also recently got my first Annie -- about a month ago. It's also a 1710 HB, in XLR chassis (it's also my first chassis gun). I have five Anshutz 10-round mags and five modified 10-round Savage 34 mags for it (it's nice that you can get three of the Savage mags for the price of just one Anschutz mag). I now have 350 rounds through it, and it likes the lot of Center-X that I had on-hand, but does almost as well with Eley Match. This is from my last outing, consecutive 5-shot groups at 50 yards.

Target_3_10_2022.jpg

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    I decided at the last minute to leave the Eley Match at home and concentrate on the Lapua Midas + and I took a box of SK Rifle Match to compare instead. I want to do a dedicated Eley range day since I have so much of it. I have a good supply of Target, Club, Team, Tenex, and Force, plus the two boxes of Match to try-out the next time I go.

Here we go! 50 yards! Light breeze, 72F. I started with the Midas + and since I didn't have that much, I shot only half as many 'fouling' shots that I usually shoot. Ten in the center target, five each in the corners going from bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right.

PGA1IRL.jpg

Considering I'm shooting off my bipod, as opposed to a front bag/rest, and using only a rear bag for stability most of the flyers you see are not the rifle's fault. I'll own them. By shot #20 (top right) the Lapua was doing really well. I wish I was able to get more of it, but...

U8iwE78.jpg

SK Rifle Match performed nearly as well, which is a good thing considering how much of it I have in my stash. Same thing as the Lapua...took about 20 shots to season the barrel and the last two five-shot groups were probably the best of the bunch.

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    You never forget your 1st Anschutz.
    Mine was a 64r.
    Good luck with it, and good shooting

Thanks. I'm loving it so far. It seems to shoot SK Rifle Match and Lapua Midas + pretty well after 20 fouling shots. I'm planning an 'Eley Day' at the range to see which one it likes the most between Tenex, Match, Club, Club (Remington), Team, Contact, Force and Target.

ms5hNho.jpg

Next week is my club's first Critters match of 2022. It's fun and challenging to try to hit those little targets from a standing, unsupported position. Our club champ shoots an early-1950's Winchester Model 52 with a Unertl scope.

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    iGPpbYL.jpg

Have managed to get out to the range a couple of times since March but, whenever I've had time, lately, the weather has been trash. It's like we're stuck in this very April-like pattern of wind and rain around here.

Initial test groups with RWS Rifle Match yielded some decent results at 50-yards.

FR2i2ij.jpg

I got that five-shot group after 20 fouling rounds and immediately followed it up with a 10-shot group that was just slightly larger than the test target that came with the rifle. I had no idea that Anschutz put in the back cover of the CD-ROM of the owner's manual.

7BEIYxZ.jpg
    xsgSsKo.jpg

So, about five weeks went by before I was able to make another range trip and I had a box each of Lapua Center-X and SK Long Range Rifle to try.

pLWvsOt.jpg

NZleRGF.jpg
    PuhdO9M.jpg

Those are the two best 50-yard five-shot groups I could shoot with the Center-X. Was too jazzed about shooting again after a month-long break. I kept getting 4 in one-hole and pulling/flinching the last shot. I'd probably buy more Center-X if I could get it. Midway USA is limiting orders to three boxes and I'd like to purchase considerably more than that.

ouuUqWz.jpg

SK Long Range was another load I had been wanting to try for a while. It performed similarly to both SK Standard Plus and SK Rifle Match at 50 yards. I'd really like to stretch it out to 100 yards when I get a chance but I'll have to go to a different range for that.

TdsJJDn.jpg

10 fouling in Center, 5 in each corner target.

WkmNKT2.jpg

Out of the three loads tested, I think the RWS Rifle Match is a great deal at (roughly) $9-10 per box. I ordered two bricks of it. Overall, I'm pleased with the rifle. It's everything I expected and more.

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    iGPpbYL.jpg

Have managed to get out to the range a couple of times since March but, whenever I've had time, lately, the weather has been trash. It's like we're stuck in this very April-like pattern of wind and rain around here.

Initial test groups with RWS Rifle Match yielded some decent results at 50-yards.

FR2i2ij.jpg

I got that five-shot group after 20 fouling rounds and immediately followed it up with a 10-shot group that was just slightly larger than the test target that came with the rifle. I had no idea that Anschutz put in the back cover of the CD-ROM of the owner's manual.

7BEIYxZ.jpg
    xsgSsKo.jpg

So, about five weeks went by before I was able to make another range trip and I had a box each of Lapua Center-X and SK Long Range Rifle to try.

pLWvsOt.jpg

NZleRGF.jpg
    PuhdO9M.jpg

Those are the two best 50-yard five-shot groups I could shoot with the Center-X. Was too jazzed about shooting again after a month-long break. I kept getting 4 in one-hole and pulling/flinching the last shot. I'd probably buy more Center-X if I could get it. Midway USA is limiting orders to three boxes and I'd like to purchase considerably more than that.

ouuUqWz.jpg

SK Long Range was another load I had been wanting to try for a while. It performed similarly to both SK Standard Plus and SK Rifle Match at 50 yards. I'd really like to stretch it out to 100 yards when I get a chance but I'll have to go to a different range for that.

TdsJJDn.jpg

10 fouling in Center, 5 in each corner target.

WkmNKT2.jpg

Out of the three loads tested, I think the RWS Rifle Match is a great deal at (roughly) $9-10 per box. I ordered two bricks of it. Overall, I'm pleased with the rifle. It's everything I expected and more.
    Where is this range located? I need to find something better than the “seated bench only” outdoor state park range…

Reactions: Calfed

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    Where is this range located? I need to find something better than the “seated bench only” outdoor state park range…

It's a private club in Frederick where I'm a member. It's primarily for handguns but, our multipurpose range gets used for 22's quite a bit. Maybe you can come for the next Critters Match on June 26th?

Reactions: Cowpokey

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    It's a private club in Frederick where I'm a member. It's primarily for handguns but, our multipurpose range gets used for 22's quite a bit. Maybe you can come for the next Critters Match on June 26th?
    Do you have a copy of the rules you could send me? I'm betting I have a 22lr that will meet the requirements, for every class...lol.

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    OtqSOyw.jpg

Slightly overcast days with no wind have been so rare, lately. I wasn't about to let a slight chance of rain be a deterrent. I got some good results the last time I tried RWS Rifle Match and was eager to try it again to make sure it wasn't just a fluke.

Admittedly, I'm still learning how to shoot my 1710 but, bottom line, when I don't drop the ball on the basics of good marksmanship, it doesn't miss and when it does, it's usually my fault.

xdA7lip.jpg

TuHlzjJ.jpg

RWS Rifle Match, 50 yards

Like usual, started with barrel fouling in the center target. The last load I shot before today was Eley Team, which didn't shoot badly, but it had an entirely different POI than either the SK Long Range or Lapua Midas + I shot during the last range trip. The first five went low and slightly left. Adjusted the scope and shot another 10 to re-zero.

vW2wZXu.jpg

Best five shot group

TT9kJcP.jpg

Best ten shot group

Ten shot groups at 50 yards are a challenge (for me) and this rifle proved today that it's up to it whenever I am. Problem is, it requires a very deft hand and the concentration skills of a surgeon to shoot it, like that, on a consistent basis. I'm a geezer, with surgically restored vision in my right eye and diminished rifle skills overall. Trigger time seems to help, though.

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    Sold my 1710 and bought a Thomas air rifle. Where I’m moving to has more Airgun ranges.
    A lot less costly than shooting premium rimfire ammo, no doubt. Modern air rifles are pretty cool but, I don't think any of them could give me the same sense of satisfaction that shooting an Anschutz 1710 does.

DJL2

Tiger 33A
    Minuteman
    Oct 16, 2013
    OCONUS - Land of Kimchi
    I sort of remember my first Anschutz. It’s the reason I don’t own a .22 LR rifle. It was, actually, one of the fist rifles I ever fired. My family wasn’t big into shooting (before I changed that), so Boy Scout summer camp and the rifle shooting merit badge was my first foray into .22 LR and rifles generally (don‘t worry, I also got ruined on O/U Brownings doing the shotgun merit badge… but went with a Beretta instead). It was setup with aperture sights and I just thought it was normal for .22s to shoot groups you could cover with a dime. I refuse to buy a .22 that doesn’t shoot as tight and I don’t think I’ve found one yet ;-).

Reactions: Panther

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    AUNi0pE.jpg

Apologies for neglecting to update this thread since June. I changed jobs after 16 years with the same company a few weeks after my last update. Didn't really want to do it but, right around the time you hit 62 years-old is the same time a lot of these technology companies start trying to push you out the door. Coincidence? Nah, I'd seen it happen to many co-workers in the past. The BS started with me back in Spring, so I updated my Resume, put myself out there on LinkedIn and within a couple of months landed a great new gig where my background and experience is valued over 'diversity' quotas. I don't have to endure any of that happy horseshit in my new position.

aNkd5A7.jpg

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the 1710 HB. My only complaint is that I don't get to shoot it as much as I'd like. That's about it. I was recently crazy enough to try shooting 4, 40-round relays in a rimfire silhouette match and it didn't take long to realize, the 1710 isn't the best choice for shooting from a standing unsupported position for that type of match. I breezed thru the first two relays but, about halfway thru the third relay I was getting shaky and by the fourth relay, I was spent. So, now I'm casually looking around for a 'silhouette' rifle, probably an Anschutz 1416 or something similar in weight and handling. I think a Tikka T1x would also be a good choice.

l55VVVM.jpg

I haven't been doing much in the way of load testing since buying a few bricks of RWS Rifle Match earlier this Summer. I did try some of the 'new-and-improved' red box Norma Tac22 a couple of weeks ago and it was, meh, OK. It shot about the way SK Standard Plus and Eley Target (yellow box) shoots. Not bad. Not great. I swapped with a friend for four boxes of Norma USA Target (white box) which hasn't shot worth a crap in any of my .22 rifles and the Anschutz 1710 was no exception.

LvA5YXh.jpg

50 yards, 10 fouling in the center, 5 each in the corners

I never tried the previous, black box, version of Tac22 so I can't really compare it but, considering how well SK Rifle, SK Pistol, RWS Rifle Match and Wolf Match Extra all perform better for a couple $ more per box, I'm going to stick with what works.

dBqdFdE.jpg

Here's hoping I can find more time to shoot this heavy bastard.

Reactions: camocorvette

spife7980

Luchador
    Minuteman
    Feb 10, 2017
    Central TX
    I was recently crazy enough to try shooting 4, 40-round relays in a rimfire silhouette match and it didn't take long to realize, the 1710 isn't the best choice for shooting from a standing unsupported position for that type of match. I breezed thru the first two relays but, about halfway thru the third relay I was getting shaky and by the fourth relay, I was spent. So, now I'm casually looking around for a 'silhouette' rifle, probably an Anschutz 1416 or something similar in weight and handling. I think a Tikka T1x would also be a good choice.
    Maybe you could get away with something like this? https://www.cparifles.com/collections/parts/products/stevens-pope-palm-rest-round-knob
    AB48D89F-B315-42A8-A067-5EEAEA0C9BE9.jpeg

A butt plate hook would make it easier too.

Last edited:

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    NRA Smallbore Silhouette rules:

5. POSITIONS

5.1 The Ground - All references to “the Ground” in the following position Rules are to be construed as applying to surface of the firing point.

5.2 Artificial Support - Any supporting surface except the ground not specifically authorized for use in the Rules for the position prescribed.

5.2.1 Artificial Support for Black Powder Cartridge Rifle - <snip>

5.3 - 5.7 - Blank

5.8 Firing Position - Any standing position without artificial support. The rifle will be supported by the hands and one shoulder. All parts of one hand must be forward of the pistol grip. The chin may not rest on top of the comb. The stock may not be hollowed, altered or manufactured so as to facilitate chin contact. This does not preclude the use of abrasive materials or finishes.

Doesn't say you can't use a palm rest, but it doesn't say you can either.

From 3.1 (d)
    Magazines do not have to conform to stock measurements but those that extend below the stock line may not be used as support as per Rule 3.I(h) and 3.14. The forend shall extend a minimum of 8 inches forward of the forward edge of the receiver ring. The comb shall not extend above the centerline of the bore, but Monte Carlo roll may rise 1/2 inch on the off side. Buttplate or recoil pad may not extend below the lower line of the stock.

From not using a magazine as a rest/support, probably safe to say a palm rest would be out of bounds.

ETA:

3.14 Palm Rest - A palm rest may not be used. A palm rest is any attach- ment or extension below the forearm which aids the normal hand grip and support of the rifle by the forward hand/arm.

Tiger_Shilone

Enthusiasts Smallbore
    Minuteman
    Jan 2, 2018
    Colorado
    No palm rests allowed.

Additional rules for hunter class: 8.5 lbs including unloaded mag ,
    tapered barrel,
    “traditional” styled stock ( no thumbhole),
    scope cannot be more than 1.5” above receiver,
    stock comb cannot be higher than bore centerline,
    trigger must be 2lb+ weight.

Standard class drops all those requirements and weight goes to 10 lb 2 oz.

The anschutz 1712 is the premiere silhouette rifle as it is pretty much built for this game. However the T1x tikkas and cz457 and steyr have a few shooters in our silo group. The 1710 is a beautiful rifle, but the hb barrel profile is a bit heavy. (I know, I started with a 1710 the first year, Moved to a 1712 for weight reasons)

After 5 years of doing nra silhouette I have finally moved up to AAA classification. It’s mainly a mental game at this point of being able to concentrate and focus my attention for each shot. I do well when I do that, but I have learned I am a lazy shooter

current 1712 with a trijicon 5-20x Accupoint post 30mm scope. Just barely make the 8.5lb weight limit.
    D0156D6F-061C-4879-BECD-85FBA90684FB.jpeg

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    No palm rests allowed.

Additional rules for hunter class: 8.5 lbs including unloaded mag ,
    tapered barrel,
    “traditional” styled stock ( no thumbhole),
    scope cannot be more than 1.5” above receiver,
    stock comb cannot be higher than bore centerline,
    trigger must be 2lb+ weight.

Standard class drops all those requirements and weight goes to 10 lb 2 oz.
    I'm hoping the 1712 Silhouette 21.6" barrel I ordered today, will be under 8.5# after I put the Leupold VX-3HD 6.5-20X40 EFR CDS on top.

What is the reason behind "scope cannot be more than 1.5” above receiver"? I like my scopes lower than than that anyway, so it doesn't effect my set up(s), is there some kind of advantage to standing unsupported with the scope higher?

The anschutz 1712 is the premiere silhouette rifle as it is pretty much built for this game. However the T1x tikkas and cz457 and steyr have a few shooters in our silo group. The 1710 is a beautiful rifle, but the hb barrel profile is a bit heavy. (I know, I started with a 1710 the first year, Moved to a 1712 for weight reasons)

After 5 years of doing nra silhouette I have finally moved up to AAA classification. It’s mainly a mental game at this point of being able to concentrate and focus my attention for each shot. I do well when I do that, but I have learned I am a lazy shooter

current 1712 with a trijicon 5-20x Accupoint post 30mm scope. Just barely make the 8.5lb weight limit.
    View attachment 7966302
    Since we're straying off my buddy @GoggledIt original thread, here's my 1712AV with 3-9x33 EFR...sweet rifle. As it sits, it's 7# 9.6oz.

I like your 1712 Stainless. (y)
    1712AV.jpg

Last edited:

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    Hunter Class vs Standard Class? Is Standard Class the higher end when it comes to competition? As in, more experienced higher level of competitors?

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    My 1712AV would easily stay in the 8.5# weight limit for Hunter Class, even if I put a Leupold VX-3HD 6.5-20X40 EFR CDS on top.

I have a 1416AV, that would easily stay in Hunter Class with an even heavier scope, but then it would be a little top heavy, so probably not ideal? It's 6# 15oz as is.

1416AV_DIP.jpg

Reactions: spartan67

Tiger_Shilone

Enthusiasts Smallbore
    Minuteman
    Jan 2, 2018
    Colorado
    Most everyone in my silo group (about 36 total, 20-24 is a average turnout) uses one rifle for both hunter and standard classifications as we shoot one 40 shot match of each classification in one day, 2-3 weekends a month. Takes about 3 hrs depending how many relays are used. A couple people still swap rifles because they usually can’t make hunter weight of 8.5lbs max.

Most are using leupold 1” scopes with the most popular being the 6-18x or 6-20x or fixed power of 20 or 25x. I used a fixed 1” lupy 24x dot for 3 years and that got me into A class high end. Put the high 1.5” rings on the rig and that kept my head straighter up and down and was an “ah ha” moment. Like Lowlight preaches, make the gun fit you to be comfortable, don’t wrap yourself around the gun. It also improved my sense of balance since my head wasn’t cocked over anymore and I was looking more forward out my eye instead of the top left corner of my eye socket. Scores improved with the high ring setup enough to get into AA class.

One of the master shooters uses 10x magnification and I thought “why not give it a try?” Another “ah ha” moment, going from 24x to 10x seemed like it cut my target zone wobble in half and scores again improved. But I didn’t like the reticle on the 4-14x scope I had and started looking around for a replacement. I was playing around quite a bit with red dot sights at the time and the closest thing to a magnified red dot reticle I could find was a trijicon illuminated triangle sitting on a black post. Problem is it’s a 30mm tube and 28oz IIRC. It is a second focal plane which works well for this game as we dial for every distance. The tallest 30mm rings that were lightweight (1.5oz) were only 1” high (bottom of tube to top of receiver). These were made by Mohr Accuracy (Morr?). To make up that half inch I lost I now shoulder the stock higher, which keeps my head more level.

Third “ah ha” moment getting me into AAA this year was a cumulation of all above, plus NPOA setup, and finally breathing technique. Project Appleseed clinics are great for learning 3p sling supported style. 6 steps, NPOA and breathing—shooting in the respiratory pause bottom valley of your breath cycle. I combined the breath cycle with only shooting at the target when the reticle is coming down into the target as you breath out. If it isn’t a good sight picture, just breath again to start over. You really are more stable at the bottom of your breathing cycle. My target wobble zone is now about 2 animal targets wide, compared to about 3x the target size when I was at higher magnification and about 6 times the target size when I was in A class. Now I usually use between 12-15x magnification as that seems to be the sweet spot for me at this time.

All that requires focus and concentration and works pretty well. My problem is I start off with all these steps and start getting lazy during the match and drop a step or two and I start missing. I have lots of nine in a row streaks that I choked on the last target. I guess this is a fancy way of saying that practice and attention to detail will get you there.

1712 with the D3 brand 1.5” rings, tallest you can go and be within rules. Leupold fixed 24x. Note it still had the sling studs in this pic. I had to remove them when I put the heavy trijicon 30mm scope on to stay under 8.5lbs
    B296EDD4-521A-4B49-92E6-2DA8C7719FBE.jpeg

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    The "critters match" that OP invited me to, isn't full distance small bore, 15m, 20m, 30m, 40m....vs full distance 40m, 60m, 77m, 100...I have my scopes zero'd at 25 yards. I hold top of the chicken at 15, and dead on for the rest.

Last edited:

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    9ZjdB0z.jpg

I prefer a low mount since most of the time I'm shooting either prone or from a bench but, a higher mount is definitely more comfortable to shoot from a standing unsupported position. Like Tiger said, a higher mount prevents you from being all hunched-over and off-balance. If/when I get a 1416, I'll set it up for silhouette with a slightly higher set of rings. The way you have your 1416 set-up is almost perfect for me, Cowpokey.

ZIQllOJ.jpg

And since you're getting a 1710 Silhouette, you won't be needing this 'lame' 1416 anymore so, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. :LOL:

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    And since you're getting a 1712 Silhouette, you won't be needing this 'lame' 1416 anymore so, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. :LOL:
    You'll get a 1416 when the time is right...hopefully one as good or better than mine...if it's possible to get one better than mine, it's pretty awesome.

Reactions: GoggledIt

GoggledIt

Private
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2020
    USA
    URTSr8H.jpg

2zCTj3Z.jpg

A little over 800 rounds thru it now.

WLELyFC.jpg

50 yards. 10 in the center, 5 in each corner.

These are some of the best groups I've shot.

10tLi4q.jpg
    LZF56ul.jpg

Reactions: Panther

jps2486

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 25, 2020
    Onalaska, WI
    A lot less costly than shooting premium rimfire ammo, no doubt. Modern air rifles are pretty cool but, I don't think any of them could give me the same sense of satisfaction that shooting an Anschutz 1710 does.
    I'm heavily into airgun as well as rimfire shooting, but I get lots of satisfaction with the challenge of shooting airguns. 100 yard BR matches are really challenging and fun.