• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first AR

CE1371

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
AZ/CO
POF had a sale on stripped lowers here on the Hide a few years ago. I purchased one right before a deployment just for the heck of it. It's been collecting dust for two years so I thought I might as well put something together. Found a lightly used DD upper on here as well, so I snatched it up.

DD 5.56 16" middy upper
POF lower
Troy Di-optic BUIS
Battlecomp 2.0 --> (Awesome)

I can also slap on a nightforce 2.5-10x32 for distance work once I put her through her paces and develop a good load for her.

From my experience in Afghanistan I just wanted to put something together that was more maneuverable and more balanced (weight-wise) than an M16 but could still put out the lead at a respectable distance. I think she is a good balance of all these characteristics.

rifle.jpg

mr.jpg

The Troy di-optic is really quick with its diamond shape rear aperture, which makes shooting at multiple targets or quick jack rabbits a lot of fun. The battlecomp does a great job at making an already minimal recoil weapon that much more so.

Re: My first AR

Can't go wrong with a DD upper and the NF 2.5-10. Looks like it should handle very well - I like the Sopmod and BC2.0 choices too.

Thanks for your service.