• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My First AR...

EricCartmann

Hobbyist among Operators
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Mom's Basement
My First AR chambered in .300BLK

I have had BLK Brass and powder for awhile. Now I finally have a gun so I can start loading. This will NOT be my last .300BLK gun. Now just waiting on .300 BLK barrels from Rob Arms for my SBR-XCR, and waiting on a tax stamp for this Lower right here.

The Specs:
- Noveske Lo-Profile Upper 300 BLK 16"
Novekse 416 SS Barrel
Noveske Marked SWS rails
Noveske Marked Troy Sites
Noveske Marked Vltor Muir Upper Receiver
Surefire 51T .308 Silencer Mount/Flash Hider (This will be coming off)
- Aimpoint Micro H1
- American Defense Micro Mount
- CMT Billet Lower Receiver
- Gissele S3G Trigger
- White Oak Lower Parts Kit (minus trigger)
- Magpul ACS-L Stock
- DSA Buffer Tube Kit
- Krylon Fusion Satin Black paint for mag, pistol grip, and butt stock
- THE RAIDER SEAL OF APPROVAL (Certified, Labeled and Marked)

IMG_2611-vi.jpg

IMG_2610-vi.jpg

IMG_2611-vi.jpg

IMG_2612-vi.jpg

SILVER AND BLACK BABY!!!!
IMG_2608-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! Looks sick, I'm sure it will shoot sweet too. I dig the Raiders logo, reminds me of my beloved jacket from 7th grade :cool:

I'm fixing to begin dabbling in 300 blk this summer...

Sweet set-up man! 300 Blackout is a neat cartridge. Considering an AR in the 300BO myself.

Thanks all! I am happy with this build, and this is one gun I plan to use and abuse, just like my other Noveske that I bought 7 years ago. I really am looking forward to getting the tax stamp to this lower, and/or when those short 8-10" XCR .300 BLK barrels come to market. I can't wait to SBR and go subs with the .300 BLK!

I actually see the .300BLK making 5.56 a little bit obsolete for a lot of applications, even for the Military. For Civilians, the .300 BLK is a much better alternative than the 5.56 for almost all applications.

.308 Battle Rifles that shoots .308 Winchester is overkill for almost all civilain and military applications.

If all those Military studies are correct, that almost all small arms engagement occur inside 100 meters, than the 300 BLK is all that is needed, as 300 BLK is fairly flat all the way to 200 yards, and even at 300 yards, just a little holdover will get you on target.

300 BLK has the knockdown power on par with the AK. For a 16" barrel we are talking 2100+ fps for a .308 147gr bullet.

Even for a a neutered subsonic 300BLK rounds, a 220 gr .308 pill at 1050 fps will have about 30% more energy than a 45 ACP.

Best of all about the .300 BLK is it can use almost all existing parts and ammo component of guns that are in existence.

300BLK can use the light, robust and compact AR15 to deliver the rounds. It uses almost all the same parts as an AR15, only difference is the barrel.

As for ammo, Again a big thumbs up! if you reload, all the components are easily available. .308 FMJ bullets are available in bulk, and the cases are just slightly modified 5.56 cases that anyone can make.

I like it except for the spray paint, it's too glossy.

I think most will agree with you. I like it though.

I got tired of the ultra-flat black or tan or od colors. I think the satin color spices up the gun a bit, but the shininess of Satin is definitely NOT for any Operators.

Very nice, I sold my AR platform to get a SCAR and I wish there were 300BK uppers for the SCAR. Looking into getting another AR platform just for 300BK.

Very nice, I sold my AR platform to get a SCAR and I wish there were 300BK uppers for the SCAR. Looking into getting another AR platform just for 300BK.

I am waiting for .300 BLK Barrels for my XCRs. Robarms have 7.62x39 and 6.8 caliber conversions for the XCR already, so should not be much work for them to make .300 BLK barrels.

Raiders. Ummm you do realize felons can't own firearms right?

Seriously though nice rifle.
I am from the Bay. Grew up going to both Raiders parties (not games family was too poor) and Niners.

Try to never miss an opportunity to busy some chops.

"I said good day!"