• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s My first Bitch thread!

demolitionman

Send’r Bud
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Midwest
Are brick and mortar stores completely trying to run off any possible business with retarded pricing? Jesus! A box of the good old 175 sierra Match Kings cost me 53 dollars. WTF. I picked some up at the same store a few months ago for 43 bucks. Fair enough. But now their 53? Just a few years ago I was getting them for 38. Places wonder why we don’t walk in the doors anymore. Ughhh I digress. At least I have a LGS right? First world problems I know I know.

you didnt have to purchase them...nobody was holding a gun to your head(at least thats my guess) to buy them.

I'm fortunate enough to have a local gun store that I have been visiting for about 10 years and know them well enough that they are willing to make deals on things for me. Most of the time they can order me something new cheaper than people have it for online.

Some components however, it just seems impossible for them to get a better price than you can find it online for.

WTF is right, I couldn't force myself to pay that for a box of 175SMK. I haven't shot them years anyway since the 178AMAX outperforms them not only in my rifle but my wallet as well.

Reactions: demolitionman
Feel your pain Brother. Feel like crap now getting these yesterday from a member here for, oh forget it. You've been through enough already. ;)

20180428_175205.jpg

$150 shipped for those that just had to know. :LOL:

$46 shipped on midway right now.......buy a few boxes and youll get that shipping free.

I paid $120.00 for two boxes (40 rounds) of 300 RUM better than 10 years ago now and they netted about 6MOA @ 100yrds. Remington something or other. The following weekend I spent a $1000.00+ on reloading equipment and learned how to use the shit! Just decided that eneough was eneough especially related to magnums. Consumes time that I would rather spend shooting but I can tune the round to the individual rifle. I completely understand why guys buy factory now as it has greatly improved but for me........I’ll continue to reload?

Reactions: 1J04
I paid $120.00 for two boxes (40 rounds) of 300 RUM better than 10 years ago now and they netted about 6MOA @ 100yrds. Remington something or other. The following weekend I spent a $1000.00+ on reloading equipment and learned how to use the shit! Just decided that eneough was eneough especially related to magnums. Consumes time that I would rather spend shooting but I can tune the round to the individual rifle. I completely understand why guys buy factory now as it has greatly improved but for me........I’ll continue to reload?

Oh I reload .308 and many other calibers. Only loaded centerfire rifle rounds I will buy is FGMM. Then I clone it basically. I get sub moa loaded ammo then fire formed brass. Win win. When ya find a good deal, jump on it.;)

20180428_212656.jpg

Oh I reload .308 and many other calibers. Only loaded centerfire rifle rounds I will buy is FGMM. Then I clone it basically. I get sub moa loaded ammo then fire formed brass. Win win. When ya find a good deal, jump on it.;)

View attachment 6898898

Periodically buy Hornady 6.5 myself.........but they will never again get me on magnums!?????

Periodically buy Hornady 6.5 myself.........but they will never again get me on magnums!?????

I hear you. You wanna cringe? I loaded for a .340 Weatherby that shot amazing with my handloads. My buddy who lives a few hrs away now isn't all hot to trot over accuracy. I don't get it. Anyhow he's been buying shit off the shelf that is minute of basketball at 100 AND over $100 bucks a box! Makes my 62.5 grains of RL22 for my 7MM's look cheap. :LOL:

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
I hear you. You wanna cringe? I loaded for a .340 Weatherby that shot amazing with my handloads. My buddy who lives a few hrs away now isn't all hot to trot over accuracy. I don't get it. Anyhow he's been buying shit off the shelf that is minute of basketball at 100 AND over $100 bucks a box! Makes my 62.5 grains of RL22 for my 7MM's look cheap. :LOL:

Ouch and damn! Ya, Weatherby is proud of their stuff. Half minute of basketball? running a 300 rum and 7mag myself and their both 1/2- MOA with factory barrels. Almost bought a box of Hornady 7mag ELDX but couldn’t do it. Nosler custom brass, 162g ELDX with a little H-1000 elixir?

wait until the Asshats in CA go nationwide...... no more mail order ammo in CA

Has to be done with an FFL

Need to get fingerprinted, FBI Background check, apply for an AMMO BUYERS CARD- that might be good for 1 year...

California will be the test case... then it will go national

Need to get fingerprinted, FBI Background check, apply for an AMMO BUYERS CARD- that might be good for 1 year...

That's fucking depressing as hell. Party pooper. :cry:

Got a guy that sells at a local gun show . FGMM $22 a box . Tanners. , my go to LGS is $28 . Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory . They sell 168gn for $19.99 with free shipping on ten boxes every month or so .

Got a guy that sells at a local gun show . FGMM $22 a box . Tanners. , my go to LGS is $28 . Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory . They sell 168gn for $19.99 with free shipping on ten boxes every month or so .

Yes they do. ;) They've got the 175's again right now for that. That's a helluva deal they offer. (y)

I'll second (or third) PSA for ammo. I've scooped up a bunch of 175 over the years when they run it for $20 a box ($200 a case) with free shipping.

I got caught ONCE not having enough match ammo for a class and having to pay "retail" and said never again. I'll let ammo get "stale" from sitting around before I have to scramble for it and get gouged.

Feel your pain Brother. Feel like crap now getting these yesterday from a member here for, oh forget it. You've been through enough already. ;)

View attachment 6898838

$150 shipped for those that just had to know. :LOL:

Less than a dollar a squeeze for FGMM 175’s...yes please. I consider my 20” 308 my trainer, and it shoots the above load consistently into the 0.3’s ! And I still reload 308 why? Cause I’m stupid I guess ??‍♂️

Less than a dollar a squeeze for FGMM 175’s...yes please. I consider my 20” 308 my trainer, and it shoots the above load consistently into the 0.3’s ! And I still reload 308 why? Cause I’m stupid I guess ??‍♂️

My 11:25 5R really likes the 168's and that's what he had. "I" think it's a noticeable difference over the 175's, but who knows. I'm really not that guy. My handloads of both weights do a pretty decent job. Hell, I've still got 700-800 175 SMK's to fire off because they're 'good enough' for what I do. ;) When I do buy FGMM I'm more interested in the fire formed brass since I know the accuracy is pretty much a given. And I completely agree. Under a buck per pew. Gimme all of them. :p Never fired anything but 168's and 175's outta the damn thing. Always wondered what the 147's or 149's FMJ you can find pretty cheap would do?

1525057279616.png

When I was a broke, no rank GI primers were $0.89 per hundred., powder less than $10.00 per pound and a quality bullet about $0.08 each, I purchased what I needed. You gotta buy bulk/ EVen adding S&H and HAZMAT, prices will kill every LGS I've been in.

Reactions: Bender

Reloading components not included in that at the moment.

I might suggest a prudent course of action in CA would be to buy as much reloading supplies as you can stand and also reload as much as you can get done.

Some links for brass if you are a high volume shooter.
https://rangebrass.us/t/bulk-brass just ordered 6000 9mm for 2.4 cents each to my door.
https://www.diamondkbrass.com/Bulk-Once-Fired-Brass_DKB.html
https://www.weatherfordreloading.com/
http://azbulkbrass.com/home.php you can actually buy a 55 gallon drum of brass. 9 mm is estimated 90,000+, 223=40,000+. other places do that also.

it's stuff like this that makes me super happy i am a handloader.

What makes me frisky is finding a thousand rounds of un-opened Sierra .308W 168Gr HPBT M/K's that I bought for $150.00 in 1998, way in the back of the R/L components cabinet......:cool:

And, no J, I won't sell them to you because they are "beyond their expiration date"........:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2ndamendfan