• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My first bobcat :)

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
all I can say is I was shocked and lucky to see her. It was also the first time I had ground growth lol.. was taken in upper state NY and weighted in at 40#s. Cant wait for the mount.
imagejpeg_2_4.jpg

Re: My first bobcat :)

nice work buddy, be sure you post some pics once you get the mount done... once again, Congrats!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me or does his head look like its photo shopped in? Must be the lighting... </div></div>

lol...was holding her by the neck so I can see what you mean...was trying to avoid the baseball sized hole on the other side at her shoulder.

Holy Cow, she's friggin' ass huge. Congrats. If you don't mind, what did she come too? Any decoy/wiggler critter thingy or just calling?

Cheers,
Breeze

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy Cow, she's friggin' ass huge. Congrats. If you don't mind, what did she come too? Any decoy/wiggler critter thingy or just calling?</div></div>

well...I was deer hunting and pretty sure she was after a rabbit lol..she was stalking in the tall grass and went into a thin patch and thats when I saw her. She never knew I was there about 40 yrds to her right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are looking at about $800 for that fur if it were here !

Nice cat
smile.gif
</div></div>

damn...didnt know that

Man, that is one big cat! Congratulations.

This will probably freak out a lot of people but bobcats are actually excellent eating. They are white meat and are actually kinda sweet. Once you eat one you'll never look at a house cat the same way !! (joking).

Mountain lions are excellent as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 450 NE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Once you eat one you'll never look at a house cat the same way !! (joking).</div></div>

I've been eyeing the ol' lady's kitty all night....I rectum she'll let me eat it!

Sorry couldn't help my self,

Breeze

That will make a great mount. The coat is in awesome shape.

Congrats on the kill.

KT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are looking at about $800 for that fur if it were here !

Nice cat
smile.gif
</div></div>

damn...didnt know that </div></div>

Sold one last week in Grand Junction - $250 is all down here. Next time I will drive it up!!

Regards
DT

What's it going to cost to have it mounted?

KT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KBT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's it going to cost to have it mounted?

KT </div></div>

I am lucky to have a friend who retired from taxidermy last year so the full mount will cost me $350...I did check with another taxidermist out of curiosity and his quote was $900

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cody Petersen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in upstate did you take that? Congrats! </div></div>

about 45 mins east of Albany

Nice Cat, wow. How much did that baby weigh?

Either way, nice cat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gonzaga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Cat, wow. How much did that baby weigh?

Either way, nice cat.</div></div>

Says 40 pounds in the op

Nice job. The one I took a few years back was 38# and now she's sits by my fireplace. My dog is always bringing her toys, but she never wants to play.
smile.gif

I'll be honest and say that I don't get it either. If I thought a civil discussion could be had, I'd ask more questions, but I wouldn't want to be seen as "trolling" the hunting section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be honest and say that I don't get it either. If I thought a civil discussion could be had, I'd ask more questions, but I wouldn't want to be seen as "trolling" the hunting section. </div></div>

I dont get why you would even post up...I mean we dumb hicks are incapable of a civil rational intelligent discussion over harvesting a predator that will kill small game and turkey and have been known to kill young deer...not to mention practically every domestic animal. Being very elusive most will live and breed without ever being seen. If you are a hunter and do not see the need in harvesting a predator then by all means admire its beauty and be happy to have had the opportunity for a chance encounter. Other wise you may consider doing a little research and possibly finding an intelligent individual with whom you can have a civil discussion.

Thank you for illustrating my point. I never called anyone a dumb hick, I only made the point that starting a post questioning this kill in a hunting forum would probably be seen as trolling and would eventually veer off the tracks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking cat you shot there. </div></div>

probably better looking alive though

I had one walk past me while bow hunting this year... Never even thought about shooting it. Had more fun just watching it.

Hey guys: I got a serious question. Has a bobcat ever attacked an adult human? I know it sounds silly, but well, I have a visiting family member behaving somewhat irrationally over this (as in refusing to walk outside at night). There is a bobcat in my neighborhood (very residential Frisco, Texas); saw it last night again. I have seen this thing now 4 times between the hours of 3 & 4 am within a two street/6 house area. Although tempted, I do not have the right suppressed toy (no, I am not shooting either a suppressed .308 or .260 where houses are 10 feet from each other, plus this thing is lightning fast, and I'm not that good on movers). It looks slightly bigger than the above - my original guess was 45lb when I first saw it, ...Yes I realize that is huge...I don't know if the rest of the neighborhood has noticed any pets missing...

well: got my answer, its yes. One case was Yellowstone, a 64 y.o. female but may have been habituated to humans, other case of rabid bobcat in a bar (not making that up)...so that fact that I have seen this thing so often suggest it might be rapid? At least its running away, but its staying in the neighborhood...