• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing my first buck!

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
this is a picture of a 3point blacktail dear i shot with my remington 700 243. It was a far shot is all i can say (20 yards), I saw him laying under a tree 200 yards away and I crawled/crouched my way to him stood up once i thought i could take him and boom! got him right inbetween the heart and lungs with a trusty barnes X
6sx6dd.jpg

Re: my first buck!

Congrats on the buck. Im sure you will have plenty more to come.

Nice buck. I remember my first and it was nothing like yours. Mine was a monster. All 85 pounds of it! lol. Congrats on your first one. Tommy

Congrats! Nice one... Did you even aim at 20yrds or just point and shoot, good stalk.

I aimed...a little lol glad it wasnt to far away or i would have missed, im not totally confident shooting offhand and i'd never shot that gun before so it was a prayer that the bullet would go where i wanted it to
smile.gif

Congrats on the kill.. Way to go on the stalk, most people would've tried the shot at 200 yards..

Hell, here in New Mexico we call that an 8 pointer.
laugh.gif

cause it is...

Welcome to a lifetime of fun. Hunting is awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the buck, but, why are you hunting with a weapon you have never fired before?</div></div>

honestly i left my own rifle at home, what was i thinking?? that day i had no idea i was going hunting originaly i was tooling on my dirtbike and one of my budys shot/wounded a dear while i was out trying to find it and put it down with him we spotted that one and filled my tag (we later found my budys dear about 200yards away from where he shot it comoflauged by some brush)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: villhelm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the buck, but, why are you hunting with a weapon you have never fired before?</div></div>

honestly i left my own rifle at home, what was i thinking?? that day i had no idea i was going hunting originaly i was tooling on my dirtbike and one of my budys shot/wounded a dear while i was out trying to find it and put it down with him we spotted that one and filled my tag (we later found my budys dear about 200yards away from where he shot it comoflauged by some brush)</div></div>

Using the tools you got! I like it. Congrats on the deer. We call them 8 pointers here in Texas too!
SS

shit at 20 yards he could have hit it without optics or iron sights. way to be get as close as you can since you had a untested weapon. kudos to being ethical!!!

Hey that's a nice first buck. I'm trying to get my first deer period. Going out this evening with my son.

Nice stalking. Good skill to have.

Congrats nice first deer -my first was a bow kill but i had to wipe the milk off of its chin! garuntee you got some great meals to look forward to out of that harvest!

Nice job. Any more stealthy and you could have just used a bowie knife on him.

For all the talk about shooting game at long ranges, nothing in this world beats the excitement of a good stalk. Be very proud of that accomplishment.

Well done

Thats a damn fine first deer by all standards congrats. its all about the quality of the hunt and by the sounds of it you have had one that you will remember for a life time. Hope you have many years of successful memorable hunts