• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My first build...

Terryw123

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2011
Chula Vista, Ca
First I want to say thank you to Keith at Pheonix Custom Rifles and all the Hide members that helped make me decide the way I wanted to set up this rifle. Keith was really helpful answering my 1,000s of questions. Also the the turn around for the build time was only 3 weeks! I could not be happier with how this rifle came out.

So I served as a 0321 with 1st Recon Bn and never made it to Scout Sniper School. However I still loved getting to put the occasional rounds through the M40A3. So it seemed like the natural place for me to start my first bolt action rifle. Even though it seems like the A4 isn't as popular these days.

700 action trued

Mcmillan A4 USMC spec bedded

PCR bolt knob

Badger 20 MOA base

Bartlien 23" 1:11.25 twist M40 contour

Timney 510 set at 2.5lbs

Surgeon DBM

Badger USMC spec 34mm rings

Bushnell XRS (with XRS removed)

6aga5yvu.jpg
hygu5aha.jpg
edybyby7.jpg
ene2eneh.jpg
marevygy.jpg
puqe2agy.jpg
ubetu9ah.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice lookin' rig! That should be a super shooter! Let us know how she does. Thanks for sharing. - Todd

Nice rifle. I am very happy with my pcr build and am sure you will be as well. Happy shooting.

Also if you are local and want to shoot just shoot me a pm.

Thanks guys! Stoked would be an understatement! I had some time to get a quick zero and it was point of aim point of impact! I'm in San Diego. Where are you at Don?

I am in Phoenix Az. Made things easy for my build just being able to go to their shop.

Last edited:
My first build...

I bet! It would be cool to be close to a builder like PCR. Unfortunately I have to pay shipping for all my work.

Rancilio she shoots amazing!!!! Far better than my abilities right now. This is mostly due to the fact that I that I can only get out to the range once every 2 months or so. However I am very excited to grow into this rifle. I would bet that once I can afford to reload it will be a consistent .25 MOA gun. Big thanks to PCR for all the time and effort that they put into this rifle!!!! It shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk