• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first custom bolt gun

Rifle_Rookie88

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 24, 2020
    Texas
    Just wanted to share some pics of my first custom bolt gun.

I went with a MK13 Mod5 build but I decided to clone Chris Kyle's personal Mod5 build. From photos I could gather online he had the McCann Industry Rail on his personal one. I originally was going to go the route with the Remington MARS rail which I had one in my possession for the build but decided to go with cloning his personal rifle.

This thing has taken me YEARS! to assemble all the parts needed and get it shipped off to the smith. The suppressor sat in ATF jail for over 12 months waiting their green light and also it was with the smith for 12 months as well.

Huge THANK YOU to @LongRifles Inc. for their superb and high quality work they did with this build. Chad and his crew really are the best in the business and great customer service from them as well. Couldn't give them enough praise for their outstanding craftsmanship.

I am happy and super excited to finally have it all back together in my hands again and can't wait to take it out and dail it in. I'll post a couple pics in the thread and once I get out and run some rounds through I'll update with more photos. Hope yall like!
    20230428_104405.jpg
    20230428_104358.jpg
    thumb_20021_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpg
    thumb_20020_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpg

Nice looking stick!!! I have the same table in loading room...LOL
    I have and AIAE and AIAT and I plan on replacing the front spigot mount with an extended pic rail. Even though I love the AI chassis I want to move the bipod pivot point out more. This really help change the overall balance. Good shooting!!

Reactions: Rifle_Rookie88
    Your build looks awesome! You've got more patience than me... Was gonna ask what it's chambered in but noticed the 300winmag in the tags.

Reactions: Rifle_Rookie88
    Your build looks awesome! You've got more patience than me... Was gonna ask what it's chambered in but noticed the 300winmag in the tags.
    Yea I am a pretty patient person and also very persistent. Stubbornness has its up sides at times lol. It was seriously worth the wait