• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My First E-Caller

Salmo22

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2010
Arizona
Well, I just pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on my first e-caller. It is a FoxPro Fury. I've been researching different e-callers for several months and finally made a decision. While I don't think any brand of e-caller is perfect for every situation, I do think the Fury will fill the bill for the type of predator hunting I do in Arizona.

I will be taking the unit out Satuday for a test hunt. My son and I are fairly excited to give this e-caller a go. While I'm an old guy compared to most on this forum, I feel like a little kid when I get to try new hunting "stuff".

PS - I ordered the unit from All Predator Calls and could not be more pleased with their service. While I don't know the specific/exact 100 calls APC will program into the unit for me, I asked them to make sure the sounds would cover hunting coyote, fox, bobcat and mountain lion. I primarily hunt in Arizona. Any suggestions Fury owners have for call sequesces/stands that will help me maximize the "Foxcast" feature would be sincerely appreciated.

Re: My First E-Caller

Would love to check this out, as I am looking at getting a foxpro, if you would like to test it out in some great coyote country I know a spot of the 1-17 close to camp verde, all canyons and open hillsides where long range shots on yotes can be taken easily. let me know, Im free for some hunting, most of the time.

you'll be really happy with it !
grin.gif

Congrats on the purchase. Wish I could afford a Fury model, will probably stick to the scorpion model when I decide to purchase.

Write up a review
smile.gif

Good luck. Becareful that you don't Hyperventilate on the first one you call in. I can still remember the first one I called in 31 years ago and the excitment I had.

Here is one I called in on Nov 2 last year. The Badger was shot about 2 feet from my Scorpion E Caller. I could only catch glimpses of him as he was coming through the Sage and I was going to let him go. I lost sight of him about the last 30 feet and then when I saw him again he was doing a low crawl on my Caller which I could not see. Then my thoughts turned to a pissed off Badger tearing my Caller up so I shot him. The instant I shot my Caller went dead and I thought oh shit I just shot my Caller. I looked it over and found out the Batteries died at the same moment of the shot. What a relief that was.
007.jpg