• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My First GA Precision Rifle

davjones

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
Missouri, USA
I'm new to posting photos so I hope this comes out OK.

This is my new G.A. Precision Rifle, picked up on August 25th at G.A. Precision
260 Remington
ACIS 2.0 Stock
Badger Ordnance M2008 Receiver
Bartlein 1-8.5 Twist 24" Varmit/PSS Barrel
Barrel is threaded for a suppressor (waiting on the Feds)
Schmidt and Bender PMII 4-16x50mm CM scope
Has a 20 MOA base but would like to get a 30 MOA base.

I will only have had it two weeks this Thursday. Haven't done a lot of testing with it yet but it looks like it will be a nail driver. I have done some testing that I have attached. Plan on doing some more as time permits.

P1010001.jpg

P1010011.jpg

I got to shoot it to day at 600yds but I didn't get any groups sizes since I was with a friend and we were pulling and marking after each shot. I mostly wanted a sight setting. We were using the NRA 600 yd highpower target and out of 10 shots only 1 was outside the 10 ring, that was the first since I didn't have a hard 600yd zero. For my sight setting I had to use the setting from my Sierra Ballistic program. I was shooting with a bipod, prone today at 600. I hope to get 100 to 600 yd groups this Friday.

One error on the shot group photo, the bullet is the 139gr Lapua, not Sierra as written on the target.

Re: My First GA Precision Rifle

That is a sweet rifle you got yourself! I always likes the AICS frame and GAP def has proven themselves as top notch accuracy and make very well built weapons.

Id say you picked a nice one there! Jealous am I

It's a GAP...no need to say any more
grin.gif
!!! Nice rifle by the way. You will be happy and wear a big grin just thinking about shooting it...
cool.gif

Sweet!! I just got my first GAP about 3 weeks ago myself. The heat down in Texas just broke so now I'm gonna be living at the range for a while.

Nice rifle...I hate you single people...I could get one if i shoot my 3 children....very tempting.....

Were you shooting out near marshal? I have a similar setup from GAP in an Eliseo stock though. Get a hold of me if you need a shooting partner I get out there a couple times a year. Seems like the throat might be a little short in mine but you can't tell on paper. Must be the reamer they use it shoots The lights out though I guess it doesn't matter!
Nice Rifle, it doesn't get any better than that!!!!

No I'm in the St. Louis area and was shooting at St Louis Benchreat club for that group. I shoot the high power matches at Marshall but don't do any practice there. It is a 2.5 hour drive one way for me. My chamber has a very tight neck, I had to neck turn my Lapua brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vandev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle...I hate you single people...I could get one if i shoot my 3 children....very tempting..... </div></div>

Dude, that's seriously fucked up.

0.81", that's it? That should be 0.34" so I'll take it off your hands. How does $1500.00 cash sound?

I finally got to stretch the legs of my rifle this past Friday and got to shoot it out to 600 yds. I shot two five shot groups, had to stop after the first 5 shots it started raining and I didn't have good sight picture. The groups at 100 yds to 500yd were just as good.

I am using 42.0 gr H4350, 139 gr Lapua, Fed 210M primers, and Lapua Brass. I shot prone off an Atlas bipod and rear bag.

260Rem5ShotGroup600yds139Lapua-H4350090911.jpg

260Rem2nd5ShotGroup600yds139Lapua-H4350090911.jpg

I am truly impressed with this rifle and enjoy shooting it. I can't help but admire the workship on this rifle.

If anyone one from GAP reads this post please accept my heart felt thanks for a truly great rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body">0.81", that's it? That should be 0.34" so I'll take it off your hands. How does $1500.00 cash sound?</div></div>

Lol!!! and if deal falls through, I call seconds!!

Seriously nice setup....one day I will break down and order me one..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vandev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle...I hate you single people...I could get one if i shoot my 3 children....very tempting..... </div></div>

Dude, that's seriously fucked up.</div></div>

+1

I was wondering how the lapua brass would be in it. Trim necks or uniform primer pockets and flash holes? Hmmm....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What made you go with the Badger Action? </div></div>

I met several shooters at the local matches that have action and they really liked them. They let me try one and I liked how the action felt when I worked the bolt. I also liked the 6-lug design which seem to help increase the speed in operating the bolt.