• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first gas riffle.

Francotirador

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Wisconsin
I am getting closer and closer to finishing my first gas riffle. I just need one important part. A scope mount. Looking for a Larue spr-s or Bobro in 30 mm rings.

Specs?

Sure!

Striped lower McKay manufacturing.
Dpms lower part kit.
Magpul grip.
Magpul ACS Mil-spec stock. (forgot where I bought the mil-spec stock tube, I know I got it at a good prize).
Magpul enhance trigger guard.
Magpul B.A.D lever
5-30 round P-mags

Stag Arms upper 6H.
SWFA 16x mil.
Cheap bi pod (will get replaced).

Side note: I wish I didn't need a scope mount, But I have big cheeks and need the scope higher. Once scope mount is purchase I will go to the range!

11uu495.jpg

2d0fceh.jpg

Thanks

Franc.

Re: My first gas riffle.

I used Weaver See-Thru 1" rings from Wal-Mart on my Model 6 rail, and they got the Weaver T-24 just high enough for me. Normally I hate See-Thru's, considering them too high; but for this application, the height works out well. Worth a try, at least.

I like 10rd mags (what we're limited to here in NY anyway), they allow the rifle to work with the Harris BR height bipod.

The 30's just stick out too far for that.

Greg

I have a local guy from Chicago getting me a Larue spr-s. I don't like the see Thru at all. Range report after mount..

thanks guys

Franc

I think you're going to have a great time with your rifle! Welcome to the club!