• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first laser range finder

higginsworksforme

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2009
Kentucky
I need an LRF. I'm buying a 6 or 6.5 at some point so I guess I need it to go to 1500yd or so.

I'm careful with my equipment but it will get dropped at some point.

I'd prefer something not made in China.

I don't yet have a ballistics app or Kestrel and I know nothing about the technology integration options. (Am dumb.)

What should I be looking at?

Connectivity is far less important than a good number. Buy a good unit to start with. Having a rifle should probably come first.

Connectivity is far less important than a good number. Buy a good unit to start with. Having a rifle should probably come first.
I guess I should've mentioned I currently have a 223 gas gun. I believe the future bolt gun will be the longest distance capable gun I'll use with the LRF.

Revic BR4 Ballistic Rangefinder
Height 3.25”
Length 4.85”
Width 1.65”
Weight 10 oz
Included Soft Case, Lanyard, Lens Cloth
Body Material Metal
Waterproofing IP67
Operating Temperature -4°F - 140°F (20°C - 60°C)
Measurements & Sensors Laser Rangefinder, Temperature, station pressure, compass, inclinometer
Battery CR2 (included)
Display Color Red
Beam Divergence .2 x 1.6 MRAD
Connectivity Bluetooth via iOS/Android App
Updates Over The Air
Range Accuracy
d < 200 yrd = +/- 0.5 yrd
200 > d <2000 = +/- 1 yrd
d > 2000 = +/- 3 yrd

I really liked my Leica hand held but moved to the Sig BDX3000 binoculars to have two items in one. I prefer the Sigs and in my opinion, they range better than the Leicas too. Which surprised me actually.

I have no experience with their handheld unit, so it would be just conjecture. But I would imagine that it uses a similar, if not the same, laser ranging unit. Their ranging software appears to work really well.

I have a Kahles RF-M and like it. It's made in Myanmar of all places.

Reactions: simonp
It looks like sigs more expensive model has a weathervane and applied ballistics. Is there an advantage to having a separate kestrel? Is the kestrel product probably a better weather device?

Sig 5k, sig 5k, sig 5k. It’s a phenomenal unit and the price is hard to beat. It will also connect to kestrel if you ever get one.

Just a reminder of what you said when I recommended a Chinese made product.
The question I was referencing asked specifically about the Sig so it was fair game:

1704558184258.png

Vs answering someone who said they don't want made in china with made in china products. When their are other options if the user so chooses. I really don't care either way as we all can have personal preferences. But vs answering :

1704558267200.png

with a made in china product.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
The question I was referencing asked specifically about the Sig so it was fair game:

View attachment 8315833

Vs answering someone who said they don't want made in china with made in china products. When their are other options if the user so chooses. I really don't care either way as we all can have personal preferences. But vs answering :

View attachment 8315843

with a made in china product.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. LOL And the word "prefer" doesn't mean he doesn't want something made in China.

2 polesmokers arguing on a Saturday…..

I bet I know who has Monkey Pox!!

Giveaway answer, BOTH

@higginsworksforme
There was a Leica 2700b in the PX yesterday for $300.
Steal of a deal and will work for a long time.
Mine hits trees at a mile easy and 2600 off rocks and other more reflective items.

Giveaway answer, BOTH

@higginsworksforme
Mine hits trees at a mile easy and 2600 off rocks and other more reflective items.
Meh, I have nothing else to do while I get paid sitting here watching 4 people spend $2 every time they pull the trigger working on transitions from 100 to 300 yards. Might as well.

Giveaway answer, BOTH

@higginsworksforme

I'm retired so all the time in the world! LOL