• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first M1A

Equlizer_3rd

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2009
Washington
I went to the local gun show and picked up a Federal Ordinance M1A. I love it, hits what I point at around 110 yards (that’s about it for range, unless I drive about 250-300 miles). You should know it was a used one but I have always wanted one. Got any ideas on how to get it better for a longer-range rifle. I am strapped for cash so it’s a long-term project. Any in put will help!

Re: My first M1A

Go on over to www.m14tfl.com and set up shop there for a while. There's a great group of guys there (just like here) and eager to help you out. Wealth of information and you can usually find what you are seeking there, whether it be knowledge or kit for your rig.

Big +1 with M14tfl.com. They saved my ass many times when I had questions. Super cool guys too. Great place to hang out.

Ammo... and another +1 for The Firing Line. Oh yeah, you have to post a pic of the new rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unload it. FedOrd has some quality issues that will bite you.</div></div>

So I guess instead of putting money into this one I will save it up and get a Springfield Armory M1A Match. But this rifle should help me get use to the operating system of the M1A. For the ammo I used a mil surplus from South Africa 7.62mm bullet weight around 147gr I believe I was told. I will look at putting up a picture a little bit later. I put some other rifles up also. Thanks for the help guys.

Here it is
Guns008.jpg