• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors My First Nighthawk: A New Old School Enforcer

Substance-P

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
My local gun shop has a great selection of 1911s and I stop by there frequently to see if anything new has shown up or just to handle some of my favorites (I buy one every now and then so they seem okay with me putting my paws on a lot of the guns).

Anyway, there is one 1911 in particular that has been there for a long time. It is an early Nighthawk (serial under 200) and is a Ranger Green Enforcer (which is not like the current enforcers from Nighthawk, but is most similar to the current GRPs [I learned this thanks to another member on the forum). It has always struck me as a no nonsense 1911 that deserved to be shot. Plain black rear sight, front night sight, pretty aggressive front checkering, and a heck of trigger. The gun has been at the shop since 2005. It is new but has never found an owner, maybe it's the green color, maybe it's the relatively high price for a gun that doesn't appear to have a lot of flash. I have thought about buying it for a while, but have always gone a different direction.

Well, I recently finished the build of my first precision rifle. A Remington 5r that I put in a green Accuracy International Stock and had the barrel and action cerakoted black. The more I looked at the Green and black rifle, the more I became convinced that it needed a roommate in it's pelican case that was also green. So I decided to pick up this Nighthawk.

NightHawk010.jpg

NightHawk012.jpg

NightHawk015.jpg

This is the rifle it will be spending time with (except that now the rifle has a black barrel and action).
Caspian014.jpg

Re: My First Nighthawl: A New Old School Enforcer

How'd that Cerakote job turn out? Got a pic?

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Substance-P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is an early Nighthawk (serial under 200)</div></div>

I also had a very early one, Serial #28, it was quite a shooter.

Congratulations on it. I am surprised no one picked that one up earlier. I like it and I agree with the resemblance to the GRP, which I would like to have. I have an early Nighthawk Custom serial # NH00291. It's the Predator model and is also a real shooter. These are great guns.

Can't go wrong with NH. I bought a Dominator last year. Easily the equal of my Wilsons. Looking to add another soon.

This is where Sniper's Hide has really helped me know that there are other people out there just a crazy as I am. Buying a pistol because it goes well with a rifle is something that I would do and everyone around me would look at me like I am crazy - good for you man - congrats on the new purchase. It looks great and they do go together well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How'd that Cerakote job turn out? Got a pic?

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
</div></div>

Forgot to mention....the Cerakote was done by Phylodog and looks great. In fact, I am so happy with it, I thought the rifle deserved it's own thread once I can get some decent pictures up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is where Sniper's Hide has really helped me know that there are other people out there just a crazy as I am. Buying a pistol because it goes well with a rifle is something that I would do and everyone around me would look at me like I am crazy - good for you man - congrats on the new purchase. It looks great and they do go together well. </div></div>

I thought I might come across some like-minded individuals on the hide. One of my buddies gave me a quizzical look when I told him I picked up a new 1911 because it went with my rifle.

Although, it was more than just the fact that they seemed to go well with one another aesthetically. I had also been keeping my eye on this one for a while and thought it really is too nice of a pistol not be to shot...a lot.

I am thinking about turning into a two toned look by getting the slide refinished in black .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: syme71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats, nice gun. how does it shoot? </div></div>

I hope to get it out for it's first round at the range this week.

Seeing them side by side the colors really don't match that close, you should send me that Nighthawk.
shocked.gif

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will get a copy of my FFL out in tomorrows mail.
wink.gif

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeing them side by side the colors really don't match that close, you should send me that Nighthawk.
shocked.gif

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will get a copy of my FFL out in tomorrows mail.
wink.gif

Scott </div></div>

laugh.gif
I appreciate it Scott. I am actually going to send the NH out for a refinish: Black slide and controls, OD Frame. Hopefully I can get it matching better
wink.gif

They compliment each other nicely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeing them side by side the colors really don't match that close, you should send me that Nighthawk.
shocked.gif

wink.gif

Scott </div></div>

After you send the Nighthawk to Scott, you can ship the rifle to me. My dealer can fax you his ffl this evening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Substance-P</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeing them side by side the colors really don't match that close, you should send me that Nighthawk.
shocked.gif

wink.gif

Scott </div></div>

laugh.gif
I appreciate it Scott. I am actually going to send the NH out for a refinish: Black slide and controls, OD Frame. Hopefully I can get it matching better
wink.gif
</div></div>

It looks good now, after you get it back it will look really slick.

Make sure you post up some updated pics when you get her back.

Scott