• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first precision (and topless) rifle...

TexanAviator

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Houston
Nothing fancy, but she is my first..... Just waiting on my scope from Scott @ Liberty Optics!

Would also like to thank everyone on here who was patient in answering my questions during this build.

3370442961_bd44dfecf0_b.jpg

Details:

Remington 700 LTR
Premier Heritage 3-15x50, Gen 2 XR Reticle, double turn knob with "MTC" (coming soon)
Badger Base 306-06, Rem 700SA, 20MOA
Badger Rings 306-14, Schmidt Bender 34mm, 1.0
BALS MK-2
Harris Bi-pod 6-9" Swivel, Notched leg
Pod-Loc
Eagle DB-BS
Storm Tactical Precision Rifle Data Book (90LB)

Re: My first precision (and topless) rifle...

Nice rifle, that thing will look BA with the Premier ontop of it!

nice dogs too! got any shep. pup you want to give me haha!

Not a bad way to pop your Cherry!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! Hornady 168gr TAP? </div></div>

Yeah, some left over from my M1A... got a few different types of ammo I want to try out and on the way so we will see what she likes.

I am awaiting a 3-15 Premier from Scott as well. Going to put it on a Rem 5R 223 I am also awaiting.

And I love my GSD as well.

Great looking rifle.

Great Rig, the only thing that would make it better looking is a Night Force sitting on top of it, say 5.5 x 22 x 56.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He ordered a Premier. </div></div>

haha,

YOU said it, not me!

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you've got two fine dogs to guard your new tool! :) </div></div>

They and their old man have a mutual understanding.

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, beautiful pups! </div></div>And sunshine. There ya go!
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, beautiful pups! </div></div>And sunshine. There ya go!
cool.gif
</div></div>

Supposed to rain for a few days in a row starting Monday
frown.gif

Very nice rifle, I think we were doing the same thing at the same time. I have almost the exact same set up but I put the NF on top.

I think you will love it when you shoot it. My results were amazing especially for my low level of experience. Those things are tac-drivers.

Enjoy and post some pics when you get the scope.

Thanks, and will do. Took my trigger out last night and lightened it up... alot better now. Got my Fat Wrench and finally got my base torqued down, amazing only 15in/lbs hold that thing down, haha.

Latest pic that I just took, just awaiting glass

3392518089_1f7c353245_b.jpg