• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My First Precision Rifle... Pics inside

Inzaneriderz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Mechanicsburg, PA United States
Hey all, just like the title says this is my first rifle/venture into the precision/long range shooting community. It seems like it took forever and a day to get it all together but the wait was worth it...
100_2021.jpg

100_2031.jpg

100_2027.jpg

100_2026.jpg

100_2025.jpg

100_2022.jpg

100_2019.jpg

Specs:
Cadex Strike 30 Chassis
R700 Short Action .308 Blueprinted
Huber Concepts 2 Stage 2 lb trigger
24" Kreiger Fluted Barrel 1-10 twist (#8 Profile)
Holland Oversized recoil lug
Surgeon bolt handle (pinned and welded)
Bolt spiral fluted by Kampfeld
Larue LT111 OBR Scope Mounts
NightForce 5.5-22x56 w/ NP-R1, Zero Stop
Holland scope level
Harris Bipod w/ pod lock
AAC 51T Flash Hider
AAC 762SD Suppressor
AICS 5Rd Mag

For a novice bolt gun shooter, I think it is pretty accurate... My best 5 shot group yet at 100 yards using Federal Gold Match 175 BTHP 2618FPS gave me a .446 grouping, although the suppressor did spread the grouping out to .661 when installed, but I did only lose some 85 FPS with suppression. I am very excited to see what this gun and I am capable of with some more range time...Thanks for all the good info on the hide and I hope you enjoyed...

Re: My First Precision Rifle... Pics inside

Nice rig! How do you like the 2 stage trigger?

I would say you "Jumped right in" as far as a first gun is concerned. That is a very nice first gun. In fact, it is a very nice last gun.

Be safe and have fun.

Cheers.

Very surprised you LOST velocity. Good looking rig though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Very surprised you LOST velocity. Good looking rig though. </div></div>

Nice rifle! But this^

Every rifle that I have run over a chrono has gained FPS when the suppressor was attached.

That is a "KICK ASS" first rifle. But I do see one big problem with it. How in the world are you going to best it when you get ready for your second precision rifle?"

very nice rifle, looking forward to updates on how your shooting is going!!

how much total elevation do you have left after your zero?

Rich

That's a awesome first rifle. I bet it cost you quite a bit for all those parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a awesome first rifle. I bet it cost you quite a bit for all those parts. </div></div>

Could have had a Prius for what he probably has invested in that. Green Peace is crappin' their drawers tonight!!!

Terrible! Truly shitty! You're just going to have to pack that piece of crap up, send it to me and do it over until you get it right. Now quit fucking around, get that hunk of crap over to UPS shipping and start over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 105amatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is your first "precision rifle" ? Meh..........</div></div>

No shit right!

Really nice way to start out.

Solid shooting, but do you need a hydraulic lift to get your cheek weld? Groups don't lie, but that is pretty nuts, I'd like to see how it works. Good looking gun, welcome to the club.

That looks great...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rideHPD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Solid shooting, but do you need a hydraulic lift to get your cheek weld? Groups don't lie, but that is pretty nuts, I'd like to see how it works. Good looking gun, welcome to the club.</div></div>

That's gotta be at least 3 inches or greater height over bore right there...is it a comfortable rig?

-Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a awesome first rifle. I bet it cost you quite a bit for all those parts. </div></div>
I have about 7K invested in the setup with all the gunsmithing and suppressor/ atf tax

As far as the rig being comfortable... after fondling a BUNCH of stocks/chassis to me it is the most ergonomically correct stock fit for me... as far as the scope being above the bore, yeah it is up there, but when nestled into this stock with all the adjustments it isn't nearly as awkward as some have made it out to be and is very accommodating... if you ever have a chance to see and play with this chassis in person you will see what I mean about the scope height "issue" some are claiming to see... I assure you they have little to no time with the chassis and are making assumptions on what they see in pics...to say the least I was Addicted to the remington MSR and XM2010 to the point that when I heard Drake Associates was gonna be bringing these into the US I had to have one...and for what it is worth Chris Drake is an awesome guy to deal with if you are interested in the chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff1383</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig! How do you like the 2 stage trigger? </div></div>
I absolutely love the Huber two stage trigger... I have all 2 stage triggers in all my gas guns and now understand why everyone I talk to that has a Huber 2 stage in their bolt guns are raving about them

$7k worth of some pretty awesome equipment. Enjoy your purchase. I bet the bank account is dead for the next 6 months or so
smile.gif

Very nice rifle. Is this the same rifle in the movie Bourne Legacy?

I like it.... or, I better like it so I can fit in this thread.
May I ask a question tho?
Why does it make me think about aliens/Martians and spaceships?

That is a great looking rig, Congrats.

Nice start! I thought the scope on these chassis's were too high? Even the XM2010 and the MSR, Why soo high?

wow just wow, congrats on the precision rifle

Outstanding first rifle. Did Drake build this for you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding first rifle. Did Drake build this for you?
</div></div>
No drake supplied just the chassis but the rest was my creation with the help of my gunsmith

sweet stick man. especially because its your first rifle. those chassis's are badass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inzaneriderz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a awesome first rifle. I bet it cost you quite a bit for all those parts. </div></div>
I have about 7K invested in the setup with all the gunsmithing and suppressor/ atf tax </div></div>

See there's your problem. Your wife caught on when that big brown truck started coming to your house everyday. Then she checked your checking account and realized you spent all the money that was going towards her boob job and your balance was now at $6.32. Now she told you to take the stupid rifle and get the fuck out of her kitchen. And there you are, living in the backyard next to the damn pool because you don't even have a dog house. Freakin' clueless novice!!! Sure is a pretty rifle though.
smile.gif

Very cool rifle, glad you didnt get the AICS chassis. Now I wanna see how it shoots and if it'll out shoot my Rem SPSS at 300yds, or hell, @600yds for that matter, just shot a 4.7" group at that distance, if it dont you wasted 7K on that build, haha.

Thats my 308 on top.
IMG_0456.jpg

I have a question, i have seen similar rigs with sight over bore that look like 5" or so
grin.gif

my question is does the larger sight over bore affect zeroing or the point in the adjustment range where your zero is a bit more extream than a lower sight over bore?

Thanks,
Jake

Not really sure as to what you are asking me about my zero being more extreme because of the height of the optic over the bore... in theory I would say probably just because the greater the distance over the bore the harder the angle would have to be to meet the POI at whatever distance? I zeroed the rifle in 4 shots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a question, i have seen similar rigs with sight over bore that look like 5" or so
grin.gif

my question is does the larger sight over bore affect zeroing or the point in the adjustment range where your zero is a bit more extream than a lower sight over bore?

Thanks,
Jake </div></div>

5 shot group

100_2033.jpg

nice rig, that sight rail is way too high for me though.

Great looking rig... I believe jealousy has set in.
(lucky m-effer) jk
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inzaneriderz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really sure as to what you are asking me about my zero being more extreme because of the height of the optic over the bore... in theory I would say probably just because the greater the distance over the bore the harder the angle would have to be to meet the POI at whatever distance? I zeroed the rifle in 4 shots</div></div>

yea no worries, i was just wondering if that much sight over bore required you to zero the optic in a more extream position than nutral (if its a zero base),can you tell us if it is 20 MOA or flat? i would assume thats a 5.5-22x50 or 56 NF with 100 MOA ov verticle travel,

will you dial your elevivation knob all the way up and let us know how much elivation you get please,

Thanks Jake

Forgot to mention that is a sweet looking rig.

And if you dont mind... how much did the Cadex Strike 30 Chassis run you?

The Strike 30 has a 20 MOA rail incorporated and I believe the Chassis cost me around 2200... check with Drake Associates I believe they consistenly have ads in the group buy or commercial sections of the Selling forums... it is the nightforce 5.5-22x56 and next time I have it out I will check my adjustment range

Nice gun and nice shooting

That's a nice looking rifle... Don't let it fall into the pool!

Congrats, killer looking!