• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing My first rifle:D

Draugtroll

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2008
norway
Well it's not MINE, it's for my father inlaw^^

I've made everything on this weapon apart from the reciver and bolt, which I've only done minor work on, like changing safety lever and bluing it. oh and I didn't make the suppressor, however i could have if i'd have enough time:)

rifle is complete apart from the buttpad missing, which is on its way from midway as we speak.

Putting some finishing oil on it tomorrow.

nummer2.jpg

nummer1.jpg

nummer3.jpg

Constructive critisizm welcomed:)

/Draug

Re: My first rifle:D

that is a nice looking rifle.if you built the barrel yourself would you share the technique and equipment used.thanks

Sorry about the misleading, and lacking info. I'll clear things up better:

The reciever is an old mauser which was modifyed for match diopter by Kongsberg arms(norwegian company) in 1967 I believe. So i couldn't use regular mauser scope bases. I ordered Leupold Fn mauser 2 piece bases and did some machining to make em fit correctly. (Notice how the reciever has been machinined by Kongsberg where the rear base is suppose to sit)

Caliber is 308 with a twist of 1:10"

sorry for the misleading info. I didn't make the barrel from scratch, but i've done the machining (chambering, threading, crowning, fluting and machining the profile ofc). It's a Stainless steel Archer barrel produced by Border Barrels scotland.

When I recieved the barrel it was just a 50mm thick sylinder, with the rifling allready finished by Border ofc. Safe to say alot of steel had to be removed.

barrel lenght is 21 inches. Fluting 2mm deep. 17mm diameter at the muzzle.

Supressor:

Telescopic suppressor of the type Hausken. Produced in norway.
http://hausken.no/?link=produkter.php

Made the adjustable cheekpiece myself, apart from the set screws that go into the side of the stock.

Large pachmeyer buttpad has been installed (not in the pic though)

Maybe I'll snap som better pictures if I can find the time. (started my gunsmithing exam today, lasts 3 weeks :S )

/Draug

Edit: The gun will be used For deer hunting:)

that is very impressive.i hope that you use your talent in the future to supply rilfemen with good shooting .