• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My first rig (and last for a while, ouch!)

cluebat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
Collegeville, PA
Larger version available here

I've been shooting for a couple of years, but this is my first foray into long range shooting. Specs are as follows:

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC SD (.308)
AICS 2.0
Badger 20 MOA Base
Badger 30mm Rings
Badger Ordinance Bolt Knob
AAC Blackout 51t Flash Hider
NightForce 5.5-22x50mm MLR/Mrad w/ ZeroStop
Harris S-BR Bipod

At some point, I'd like:
AAC 7.62-SDN-6 (To be shared with my AR)
An SAC tuneup
NF Sunshade (Hit me up if you've got one you want to part with)
Atlas V8 Bipod w/ Spigot

For now I plan on getting out and shooting as much as I can, and trying to track down somewhere in the area to take a class.

Comments are welcome! If you live in SE PA and want someone to mentor, I'm your guy.
smile.gif

Re: My first rig (and last for a while, ouch!)

Very nice! Congrats on a this being your first!!

Looks great! where did you get the AICS and how do you like it so far?

Ive got a sunshade id be willing to sell, send me a pm and maybe we can work something out.

Congrats!

That's a great looking rifle and for a first one....fantastic!

It may be your first....I'm pretty sure it won't be your last!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adluginb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great! where did you get the AICS and how do you like it so far? </div></div>

I picked it up at Midway during one of the $100 off $600 sales, so it wasn't quite as painful. It's certainly a robust stock, I love that it folds. I've been a fan of AI rifles since forever (Thanks counterstrike), so I had a hard time passing up the chance to get one of my own. The rifle weighs 15.8lbs as you see it, so it's probably not something you'd want to go lugging through the woods much.
smile.gif

That, my friend, is how I would build a rifle.. or will build my next rifle. Thanks for sharing and definitely go for the suppressor.

When you fold the stock what is the measurement front to back?

Dam, that is hot man.
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I've always admired those AICS stocks - does the 2.0 fold does it?</span>

That is one seriously solid combo. Getting a Pelican case for it? I'm picking up a Pelican 1720 for my first long range purchase next week
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you fold the stock what is the measurement front to back?</div></div>

When I get home (I'm on the road at the moment), I'll take a better measurement, but w/o the flash hider, it was like 31" folded. It's probably about 32.5"-33" with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aussie700P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dam, that is hot man.
That is one seriously solid combo. Getting a Pelican case for it? I'm picking up a Pelican 1720 for my first long range purchase next week
grin.gif
</div></div>

I considered the 1720, or the equivalent Storm 3200/3200 case, but sort of talked myself out of it. I've got a soft case I got *really* cheap on the way that I'm going to try out, but I've got my eye on a Gunslinger II or a drag bag of some sort. I think where hardcases really shine is if you've got a truck and you want to throw your gun in the back (I don't), or if you fly with your rifle a lot (I don't).

Thanks for all the complements, I'm glad I've managed to do it mostly right my first time.

I'm up in Allentown. Just got a membership at Ontelaunee, which seems to be the only range that goes out past 100 yards up there.

I would appreciate that. The shorter the better for me here. No hurry either not like I have the $ to run out and put something like this together LOL.

Ok, so folded, from tip of the flash hider to the end of the stock is 33.75". OAL when unfolded is 42".

I'm in West Chester, PA and I belong to www.nhrpc.org

Let me know if you'd like to come down for a visit and we'll whack some steel out to 600y. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

ETA: I'll put you in touch with the BHTC guys, they run an excellent series of precision rifle classes both at NHRPC and the Mifflin County club which has targets out to 1k.

That sounds great Bohem. I actually grew up in Malvern, and just recently moved up here to Allentown. When the weather is looking a little warmer, I'll take you up on your offer.
smile.gif

Well, the like 30mph winds up here today kept me from taking her out
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so folded, from tip of the flash hider to the end of the stock is 33.75". OAL when unfolded is 42". </div></div>

Thanks man I appreciate it, even though it is 4" too long for what I was looking for. Guess I could always cut it down to 18" with no flash.