• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My first SIII 8-32 Sightron....

Re: My first SIII 8-32 Sightron....

my sightron 24x LRMOA is my favorite scope as well.

Its very cool, indeed!
IMG_0392.jpg

JGorski,

If you get the opportunity can you take a pic of the reticle outside focusing on a target or something? There are none of these locally, and I'd like to see what that reticle looks like in the field.

So many people have good reports about Sightron SIII scopes. I can't remember reading any negative comments about it anywhere on the net.

It's tempting to buy, but I am not sure I would like the MOA-2 reticle.

Thanks

congrats, I bought my first SIII a couple years ago for 1000yds Fclass match and it hasn't let me down.
I am sure you'll enjoy yours too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rookie7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JGorski,

If you get the opportunity can you take a pic of the reticle outside focusing on a target or something? There are none of these locally, and I'd like to see what that reticle looks like in the field.

So many people have good reports about Sightron SIII scopes. I can't remember reading any negative comments about it anywhere on the net.

It's tempting to buy, but I am not sure I would like the MOA-2 reticle.

Thanks </div></div>

This was aiming across the road at the neighbors house, camera didnt pickup the background, but I can assure you seeing the reticle amidst trees and other outdoor things is not a issue, id go as far to say id use this reticle for any kind of hunting or target work anywhere.
IMG_0393.jpg

Very nice scopes, I own two SIII 6-24x50 LRMOA 2 and four 6-24x50
LRMD ( mil dot / target turrets ) and really like the glass and the MOA 2 reticles, I don't like the huge mil dots on the LRMD's but I don't use them anyway, tracking has been excellent on all of them and haven't had any issues with any of them, one thing I did notice on the LRMOA 2's is that if I turn the turrets to around 9 MOA the line doesn't match the reference mark on the post, it's hard to tell if you are @ 9 or 9.25 MOA, if you turn the full 15 MOA than it matches again but somewhere in the middle it seems like the graduations are off, this is not the case with the LRMD's with target turrets, it would be interesting to hear from you guys using the LRMOA 2's about this, it's something that doesn't really bother me because I know I need to go just pass the 9 MOA mark but it would be nice if it matched like its supposed to, also the little plastic gasket on the screw holding the elevation turrets was protruding just above the turret and I had to trim it to use the level on the turret when leveling the scope. I hope this helps and wonder if I am the only one that has or noticed this insignificant flaws, very pleased with the glass and tracking on all of them and they hold zero perfect including one seating on a 50 BMG, overall not as nice as my NXS 5.5-22x50 NPR 1 HS ZS but for half the price I think it's more than half the scope IMHO.

I own a 6-24 LRMD/CM with the new exposed turrets. while the scope is almost perfect for my needs, I really wish they offered it with illumination and a reticle similar to LRMOAs. One thing I noticed on mine was that the outer locking ring on the objective lens (where its marked "Sightron..ect in lettering") comes off quite easily. In fact if I twist the butler creek cap I have on it, I can feel the ring loosening. Is this a problem?

Please keep us/me posted because I am looking at a 50x but not sure. I may go with a NF.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryoxy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own a 6-24 LRMD/CM with the new exposed turrets. while the scope is almost perfect for my needs, I really wish they offered it with illumination and a reticle similar to LRMOAs. One thing I noticed on mine was that the outer locking ring on the objective lens (where its marked "Sightron..ect in lettering") comes off quite easily. In fact if I twist the butler creek cap I have on it, I can feel the ring loosening. Is this a problem? </div></div>
Id talk to Steven at Sightron about that, he'll be glad to help you out.

Just received my first sightron (8-32 LRMOA). This scope replaced a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 with the ballistic turret, which I thought would make an ideal hunting scope. The turret on the swaro did not have enough travel and was not marked for well enough for shooting long range. The sightron in my opinion does not lack optically behind the swarovski. I am as impressed by the sightron and would recommend it to anyone.

As you can see in the pics the talley lightweight high rings are perfect height and will just fit with scope caps. I would like to see the OP scope mounted!

6f62ebfe.jpg

d147f66f.jpg
-

Ill post some pics after the rifle is built, should be around Sept or Oct.

do you know how many MOA of elevation this scope has? Ive been thinking about one but I cant find any specs on it how much it has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lethal93ta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice my 8-32x56 nightforce NXS has 65 MOA so there farly close with adjustments. </div></div>

would love to have bought a NF instead, but as you can see in the pics, the rifle has a carbon barrel and edge fill stock, I just couldn't justify sticking a 2lb scope on it. Also at 1/2 the price for the SIII, I don't believe that the NF is 2x better than the sightron. I agree the sightron is sturdier, but since the rifle is a .223 that I shoot coyotes, ground hogs, crows etc and paper with. The fantastic optics and the consumer grade construction suit my needs perfectly

I love my nightforce, but there is nothing wrong with a SIII from what Ive heard so far, my neighbor is looking for a good scope he loves my nightforce to but he dont have the money to spend on one. Ive been trying to talk him into the sightron for a little while, I sold some of his rifles for him on my gunbroker account, he told me to keep the money from them and I just order stuff as he wants it, I just placed and order with midway for him for some items but I still have about 700 of his money, with my C&R FFL I can get the SIII for 743, ill have to talk to him later and see if I can talk him into one again.