• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my first stick

p8re8

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2008
indianapolis indiana
just got my first gun together. i'd like to say thank you to everyone here who directly and indirectly helped with my decisions. it's a remmy 700 .308 with oversize bolt, seka extractor. pillar bed in a mcmillan a-5 with badger bdm, obermeyer 26"fluted barrel that 300 below cryo'd. seekins base and rings and a leupold 6.5-20x50 illum mil dot scope. i've only begun the break-in but it sure feels good. going tomarrow to work on finishing break in and start zeroing.
700002.jpg

Re: my first stick

it's krylon rattle can, i did my m-1 with it and i like it. cut out a few stencils and buy a laundry bag to "digitize", it's cheap, fun to do and easy to touch up.

in my excitement to actually link a pic here, i forgot to mention my smith, gary growe from columbus, in. if you need gunwork done in central indiana, gary is first rate . he's done handgun and rifle work for me and always exceeds my expectations.

Beautiful job on the camo, and great choice of components. How does she shoot? And how on earth did you find an Obermeyer barrel?

thanks on the camo. i'm just starting to break her in but it feels good so far. as for the barrel, call Boots and wait. i think i got lucky, i waited four months.

That IS a very nice first rig, or second or third or fourth rig!

+1 on the range report.

here it is, range report. got about 50 rds down the pipe. this was my best group at 200 yards. about 1/2 moa.
700006.jpg