• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first Swede

Layton

Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
Texas Coast
Finally got one. Not the best specimen but it's mine. Bore looks almost new as well so I'm happy. Took it out this morning and shot this group. Not terribly bad for the first time out with her and only 20 rounds down. Just wanted to show her off. Bad cell pics.

combo_zpsebb8add1.jpg

swede_zps6821f781.jpg

Last edited:
Decent group, but you should be able to tighten it up. The sights on those rifles leave something to be desired.

Thanks ya'll. And yes the sights are lacking. And despite the medallion it's shoots a little high when I'm behind it. Gonna be a fun one though.

L

M96 ammo?

You didn't mention what type munition your using. One quick way to get some improvement is to use RL22 and the 140g Sierra Match King. Proven load from 200 to 900 meters.

Enjoy

lol, Thanks Badgerord. It still shoots a little high with a 6 o'clock hold. I've compensated and shot it in the clubs battle rattle match a couple of weeks ago. Came in 3rd. Was able to tighten up the groups quite a bit though. Shooting 140 hybrids since I shoot those in my other 6.5x55.

L

What are a hybrids? The rifle should zeroed for 250~300 meters so it will shoot height till that range. I think you know that. You didn't mention having other 6.5's so you know whats up.

Good job enjoy.
...MJ...

Mine shoots accurately with the target sights and the following load:

140 Amax or 139 Scenar
36 grains of IMR 4064
Lapua brass
Remington Large rifle primers

based on sighting out to 500 yds:
2630 fps

I love me a 6.5 x 55

That's a nice rifle Layton :cool:. How is it as far as matching serial numbers? I too just got my first Swede. Mine is a 1941 Husquvarna, matches my push-mower and weed-wacker. Sadly I do not have any ammo for it yet. Bore is so sharp it could cut patches I'm itching to shoot it.

Last edited:
Drooling over that top one sir.
As if that's the only covetable item you've posted.

Last edited:
I'm in agreement with MJ1. The sights on them work just fine. The shooter does need to get used to shooting them though. The only Swede sights better are the Elit on the CG-63's.;)

Beautiful....miss my baby, who got snapped up by an "Operator" for continued service in 'Stan, m/1941, will be digging for pics all night....