• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first true OCW try. Thoughts?

bruddah

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2010
Oregon
I went out and did an OCW test a week and a half ago and think I know what I'm looking at, but am always interested in getting feedback.

I shot a string with Varget and a string with IMR 4064. All shots were using factory 2nds SMK 175gr @ 100 yds.

There are a few targets where I had two touching and blew the third shot, so I fired a 4th round into those targets to see if it was me who pulled the shot, or if that charge was a dud. That's why you'll see a couple of targets with 4 rounds in them as opposed to three. I'm happy to say that the majority of the time my 4th shot grouped tight with the first two, thereby making me believe I indeed pulled said shot.

On the groups with 4 shots, I posted the group size for the 4 shots as well as the group size for the three that grouped together. It is my belief that I pulled the one shot since the 4th round cut in with the first two.

I shot another target to verify grouping of a pet load of mine as well the same day (43.0gr IMR 4064 same brass, bullets and same primer). I know it's not a 5 shot group but I was still happy none the less with it's performance.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
There was one or two groups that were too far gone for me to try to salvage, therefore I left those alone and didn't even bother wasting another round on that group.