• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My FREE hunt!!!

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Last year at the Hide Cup I was the lucky winner of a hunt that Keith Taylor donated to the prize table. Last weekend I had the privilege of meeting keith at the Spanish Gourd Ranch outside (edited) Brackettville TX. It dropped down to 16 deg. and keith and I froze our butts off the first morning but here are the results:

Day 2 8:30 AM
Spotted this Blackbuck and did a short spot & stalk. The shot was 215 yards.
He seemed to spring a leak when we put him on the rock. Precious did not treat him well.
IMG_7967.jpg

With the Super Bowl Heavy on the daily agenda we rushed him back to the house and were sitting on top of a mountain on the other side of the ranch by 10:30 looking through the Swaro for Aoudad. Unfortunately the group we spotted were roughly 2 miles away. We humped it back down the mountain, jumped in the truck and drove to the other mountain. 2.5 hours later we were directly across from them on the other side of the mountain. Honestly I would have to say that was one of the most fun spot and stalks I've ever done. Precious put him on his ass right where he stood on the one slightly flat spot. The photo was taken right where he fell. If that's the flat spot you can imagine what the rest looked like.
Aoudad1copy.jpg

If you are interested in a fun hunt without having to sell your favorite rig to afford it I would recommend you give Keith a call. He sucks as a guide but will hunt all day and just happens to make the absolute best damn fajitas in TX
wink.gif

Seriously Keith Thanks for an awesome hunt. See you at the cup...........

Spanish Gourd Ranch
Keith Taylor (singleshot85 here on the Hide)
830-930-1686

Re: My FREE hunt!!!

First off We are in Brackettville TX not Batesville..... guys from Georgia are a little geographically challenged.

Wait ,did I hear you right "I suck as a guide" your brain must be fried from the toxic gas leaking from your ass all Sunday morning. I mean shit we only went two for two on spot and stalks at crunch time.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, we did not see jack shit on the first day but seriously did you want a "caned" hunt???

This is a serious warning to all outfitters do NOT feed Jered Fajitas!

Seriously, We had a blast and that last stalk on the Audad was a bitch but fun. He wasn't the biggest but was the biggest we could find in what was literally the last minutes of the hunt.

As for Precious all I can say officially is, that .284 rocks the house and does serious "vital" damage. I imagine IF.... I were shooting a cull 6pt buck at 213yrds it wouldn't go 10 feet before piling up behind a rock pile, IF I was to try that shot
wink.gif

Glad you had a great time Jered.

kt

After a 20 hour drive home it might has well have been China. I edited it :)

The reason we didn't see anything on the first day is because it dropped down to 16 degrees and shit freezes below 80 in TX.

I still can't thank you enough for the hunt. If there was one guy at the Cup that would have appreciated this hunt I know it was me.

Do you have a website or any information ie dates, prices etc about your hunting program in Texas? I will be down that way in June and am always looking for a good hunt.

I believe I have seen that one. Nice take. I go to Keith's and look at some beautiful animals...then I go home....
cry.gif
Keith manages the Spanish Gourd w/true professionalism. He surveys before ever season and determines what needs to be taken and what needs to have another year/couple years of growth. There is little compromise when the management plan has been set into motion.

They have guided hunts and yearly leases. Great place. Great family.

my young boys had a nice hunt at the spanish gourd ranch.....Keith is a prince of a guy.....two thumbs up!!

Keith,
I can confirm that the fajitas have nothing to do with Jered's toxic gas. I have hunting with him and I think it's just the killing that gets him going!!!
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like you guys had a great hunt!

Mike

Looks like you did pretty well for a free hunt. Keith, do you do hogs?

not really,

there are pleny of pigs out there but I generally reserve those as bonus animals. Most of the country has plenty of pig hunts for cheep and it not worth out of state folks to pay to come down just for a pig hunt. Our pigs aren't that special.

plus if I could kill all the pigs I would not have them at all!!!!!

kt