• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Friend, tango0202 said this:

PistonPete

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2009
Somewhere in the desert S.W.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">tango0202,
<span style="color: #3333FF">Not sure why people on here lately have been complete fucking assholes when only asking a simple question...if you have nothing to contribute to a thread then just keep your fucking mouth shut...nobody wants to hear or read for that matter your ridiculous comments trying to either down play someones questions or just plain being a fucking asshole for no reason.</span></span></span>

WoW, what a profound statement, i have found that posters here who have 1,000 or more posts are far more belligerent, hateful, smartass, hostile, combative, argumentative, assaultive, confrontational, contentious, disputatious, militant, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent, warlike, and constantly on the warpath against posters who want a general answer to a general asked question.

i can easily name 10 members who are all the above, why do you guys do this to new members of this forum ?? does it give you a superiority "high" ? or lordliness, ? your superciliousness, and arrogance, are somewhat kindergarten...., BUT !! that is just my <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #3333FF">OPINION</span></span>

Re: My Friend, tango0202 said this:

Hey did the shooting thing with your grand-daughter who lives by me ever work out?

Nobody likes seeing the same question 19 times on one page. A simple use of the search engine solves most questions and shows a willingness to at least try to learn something.

You ever get pictures of that .499 with the counter sniper on it?

Nobody has more posts here than I do.

While I am sometimes off my meds, I honestly do try to give each newb the same respect I got here when I started out.

Nobody benefits from negativity, and just as it may be frustrating to see and answer the same questions for the umptillienth time, it is at least equally discouraging to see the same flack storm that arises when folks get their hackles up.

Rule one:

If you can't say something nice, stuff a cork in it.

Rule 2:

Profanity is the foremost implement of the illiterate. I.e., if you can't get your idea across without cuss words, stuff a cork in it.

Rule 3:

Never kick a newb, they grow up to be Moderators; and if you can't control yourself, <span style="font-style: italic">they'll</span> stuff a cork in it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> belligerent, hateful, smartass, hostile, combative, argumentative, assaultive, confrontational, contentious, disputatious, militant, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent, warlike, and constantly on the warpath against posters who want a general answer to a general asked question.

</div></div>

I think that the word you are looking for is <span style="font-weight: bold">invidious</span>
smile.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">
By the way I'm just messing with you man</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> belligerent, hateful, smartass, hostile, combative, argumentative, assaultive, confrontational, contentious, disputatious, militant, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent, warlike, and constantly on the warpath against posters who want a general answer to a general asked question.

</div></div>

I think that the word you are looking for is <span style="font-weight: bold">invidious</span>
smile.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">
By the way I'm just messing with you man</span>. </div></div>

i like that word, i don't believe i ever ran across it in any of my spelling bees in skool (sic)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">tango0202,
<span style="color: #3333FF">Not sure why people on here lately have been complete fucking assholes when only asking a simple question...if you have nothing to contribute to a thread then just keep your fucking mouth shut...nobody wants to hear or read for that matter your ridiculous comments trying to either down play someones questions or just plain being a fucking asshole for no reason.</span></span></span>

WoW, what a profound statement, i have found that posters here who have 1,000 or more posts are far more belligerent, hateful, smartass, hostile, combative, argumentative, assaultive, confrontational, contentious, disputatious, militant, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent, warlike, and constantly on the warpath against posters who want a general answer to a general asked question.

i can easily name 10 members who are all the above, why do you guys do this to new members of this forum ?? does it give you a superiority "high" ? or lordliness, ? your superciliousness, and arrogance, are somewhat kindergarten...., BUT !! that is just my <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #3333FF">OPINION</span></span>

</div></div>
rabbit_pancake.jpg

A majority of people here are military. Running people down and picking at every little thing you can, even people you like is just the way it is. If you need a hug this isn't the place. Get over it or get out.

I've been here for no longer than a month I think.

I am already tired of seeing 3 new threads a day asking: What brand of rings should I buy? What starter rifle should I buy? What scope is the best for "professional sniping" for under $200?

When you do a simple search, there are so many threads on this that say the same thing it's ridiculous!

I see why everyone that's been here for a year or so is so pissy about this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: super-tac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been here for no longer than a month I think.

"I am already tired of seeing 3 new threads a day asking: What brand of rings should I buy? What starter rifle should I buy? What scope is the best for "professional sniping" for under $200?

When you do a simple search, there are so many threads on this that say the same thing it's ridiculous!

I see why everyone that's been here for a year or so is so pissy about this. </div></div>

Here's a thread from The Bear Pit.

"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here. I was trying to decide what caliber and brand of gun and what scope to get in order to get into long range shooting and was lucky enough to stumble across this forum. Prior to coming here I was confused with various differeing bits of second hand and third hand info to the point where I would probably have just gotten a Remington 700, picked a scope off the shelf at Gander Mountain and called it a day.

I think it took me about 60 hours of reading through FAQs and posts, but I was able to answer pretty much every question I could come up with (and tons I didn't even know to ask, all without even having to post once.

The through the scope pictures were also awesome and helpful.

I have to say the reviews of the service the folks at US Optics give was spot on as well. I couldn't imagine a more helpful or patient bunch of folks. Also the level of knowledge compared to the guys at some of the other places (Optics planet, midway, etc) was a real wake-up call. Its a pleasure doing business with a solid company here in the US even if it does mean a heck of a long wait for my new scope. (I'm not generally a patient guy - its a character flaw of mine).

Anyways thats all - thanks for all of the knowledge and opinions. I have ordered my new rifle and scope and I am fairly confident I will enjoy them both immensely.

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions when they get here.

Thanks again!"

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2406179#Post2406179

Second post and he's already got this place figured out!! Go straight to four star general.

...And that's what makes it worth whatever small bit of trouble is involved.

I always knew it was easier to heckle than to help. I just didn't know that's what folks really wanted here.

Thanks for the heads up, fellas. Now I can vent my displeasure at will, and make myself appear superior by kicking the newbs whenever I can muster the energy to type an insult.

Sometimes this place disappoints.

Greg

@Phil1

Exactly, I read that thread and thought...what a well thought out and researched post! Ups tp him.

I read for about 6hrs of threads before deciding on my rifle, rings, base, scope...etc

There is an incredible wealth of knowledge on this forum. I just wish the search would go back further than 2yrs.

I really should stay out of the Bear Pit and not feed the trolls, but I can't bring myself to let this one go unanswered.

Read the thread this <span style="font-style: italic">"literary masterpiece"</span> of a quote came from here.

If strangdays' response was worthy of the tirade that tango0202 (the OP) let loose, then call me an ignorant fool. He told the OP to search more or at least give some context to his intended use. That wasn't kicking a "noob", that was asking for more information so he could help him out.

Even after that tirade strangedays still made numerous posts in an attempt to help tango0202 out. He never did get any kind of apology, at least not public, for this rant directed at him yet he still posted some great advice to him over two days.

strangedays, if you aren't one already you'd make one hell of a father because you have the patience of a Saint. You're a stand up guy in my book.

The other guy, he seems to me to be just a jerk and a fool. Almost makes me regret trying to help him myself, but I have to hope and have <span style="font-style: italic">some</span> faith in mankind. Coddle and nurture the child but when they do nothing but try to bite you, leave them to the wolves.

To applaud this kind of conduct and put this guy on a pedestal, well that makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

Yet another bandwidth wasting opinion. You're welcome.
smile.gif

My view is, we can lead 'em to water, but it's up to them to do the sippin'.

You get the occasional handbiter. It's not a terminal wound.

I figure I try; and if there's no takers, I move on. Nobody is compelled to accept my views.

...and when they torch themselves off, it's such a rare and lovely light...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">tango0202,

</div></div>

So what dog do you have in the fight?! Why did YOU post this and not your "friend"?

There really is no point to this thread. If a man can't speak for himself, he doesn't need his "friends" to stir shit for him.

Many that act like "assholes" here do so in response to either idiocy or attitude.

I've not seen too many circumstances in life where thick skin is a detriment.