• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My Gap 7wsm 1400 yards "Video"

Skyking

Skyking
Minuteman
Its about time that I put my GAP rifle review on here. It showed up back in January and only took 13 months to get here. I hate waiting. It is there Base custom rifle with some up grades. It has around 500 rounds down it so far. It's such a fun gun to shoot. I am shooting the Berger 180 vld's over H1000 CCI BR-2 Win. brass. Hoping that it will have some blood on it this fall from hunting season.

GAP 7WSM
Remington 700 SA
Jewell trigger
Badger bolt knob
Badger lug
Bartlein 1-8.7 twist #4 bull 26' fluted barrel
Badger Thruster brake
Mcmillan A3-5 thumbwheel desert camo
Badger detachable mag alloy
Badger 20MOA base alloy
Badger medium rings alloy
Superior shooting systems speedlock lightweight pin
NightForce NXS 5.5-22 x 50 NP-2DD
Gun weights less then 11 LBS

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GcNn_BbtelY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GcNn_BbtelY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

M1120001.jpg

M1120003.jpg

M1120004.jpg

This is one of my best 820 yard groups

DSC00695.jpg

Re: My Gap 7wsm 1400 yard "Video"

Nice video! Makes we want to go out and shoot.
grin.gif

John

Re: My Gap 7wsm 1400 yard "Video"

Sweet rifle, awesome video, great music! I really need to do a 7wsm next! Thanks for posting.

Re: My Gap 7wsm 1400 yards "Video"

Nice job. That's some of the best bullet trace video I've seen.

BTW, your 800yd groups look like my 300yd! Nice shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mammal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's some of the best bullet trace video I've seen. </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing!

We were shooting at 1500 on Wednesday and our steel is setup in wetlands. Mud. If you miss, you're SOL about where. And wouldn't you know it... not a trace to be seen. Fortunately for me, my first shot was a hit. Unfortunately for my partner.. well, we're still trying to figure out where he was missing.

That kinda trace would have been VERY helpful.
wink.gif

John

I would be very interested in knowing your reloading recipe. You're shooting the 180 VLD Berger's Mag Fed? what COAL do you load to?

I am building up a 7mm SAUM and thought the 180's would be out for mag feeding. I was planning on using the 168's

Thanks

Cool video. Good job with the editing, what program and camera did you use?

Nice vid !

Great shooting !

I'm jealous because my range doesn't have a view like that ...

Very nice. My GAP 7wsm can't find a place to try that far of a shot. Way too many pine trees here. I had a guy yesterday that said he had a 1800yd range not too far so I am ready to have him let me fling some lead! GAP's do shoot great!

Great shooting! Your 7mm is bad ass!

Great video! Thank you for posting it.

BTW,congrats on your rifle.Makes me want a 7wizzum bad!

I agree with the vid. That is the best I have ever seen. I am new to long range and have never seen a bullet trace. Thank you for sharing. I hope to be able to shoot like that someday.

Crazy friggn Mormons , glad you guys got our Southern border covered !!!

Thats the best long range Vid on U tube !!!! Great shoot'n !!.

Thanks for the love guys! Glad you are liking it.

Means a lot coming from the guys on the Hide

Remember every gun shoots different. My gun likes two loads.

My current one is. 65g H-1000 Winchester brass CCI BR-2 Berger 180 vld's +.005 into the lands

The other load is 63g H4831SC both loaded to OAl 2.950

Mag is a 308 accurate-mag OAL of 2.978

Camera is a Panasonic HDC-TM700.....Edited using Imovie09

Location Top Secret.....That is Utah Lake in the background.

Awesome video! That could be a GAP commercial!
Excellent shooting, bravo!

Nice work and nice rifle!! Your top secret location looks like a great place to shoot targets including the varmint type!

Very nice rifle. Great video too, I like how the whole thing was put together. Awesome shooting!

How close was the iPod?

I would like to know that question also HuntinAZ. He did say he was using bullet flight? thanks Rthur

Yes I use Bullet flight for my iPod. I think it really works great.

The first three shots where cold bore warm up shoots, and to check the dope.

I think they were all about three inches low..So up one click.

got some hang time...

sweet...

some of you gents really have some bad ass places to shot...

keep it up...

thanks for the video. I used it to show my teenage son what bullet trace looked like. He had never seen it before.

What a nice place to shoot!!! Awesome shooting as well.Very cool! GAP should have that as a add. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing!!!

Hey Skyking,

Thanks for the load info. Did you consider barrel life/throat erosion in setting up your reamer/seating depth? Looks like you have ~.020 to play with and "chase the lands" if that and still reliably feed from the mag.

How many rounds are you expecting to get out of this barrel and how much do you expect the lands to move over that time?

Berger's website has a blog stating to try as much as .120 off the lands to .01 into the lands to find out what works best for your barrel when shooting the VLD's. When working in the confines of a mag fed short action that kind of range makes it difficult to guess at reamer specs and seating depths. I'd like to get close to 1000 rounds out of my barrel but have no idea how much the lands will move over that time. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the love guys! Glad you are liking it.

Means a lot coming from the guys on the Hide

Remember every gun shoots different. My gun likes two loads.

My current one is. 65g H-1000 Winchester brass CCI BR-2 Berger 180 vld's +.005 into the lands

The other load is 63g H4831SC both loaded to OAl 2.950

Mag is a 308 accurate-mag OAL of 2.978

Camera is a Panasonic HDC-TM700.....Edited using Imovie09

Location Top Secret.....That is Utah Lake in the background. </div></div>

Great job on the video and thanks for posting !!

Gotta love those GAP's...

Although the coyotes HATE mine !! lol
grin.gif

Tony,

No.. just told George that I wanted to shoot the Berger 168 180's and he took care of the rest.

He told me he has 3000 rounds on one of his 7wsm. How many round I am going to get I have now Idea. Every gun is different so who knows. It is what it is.

I just counted and have 632 rounds down the gun now. My throat has only moved .001 so far.

The gun has a sweet spot from touching to + .005 If it gets to the point where the bullets don't fit the mag anymore. Then I will send it back to George and have him rechamber, or whatever they do.

Well since you guys are liking the video's I will have to do more.

Cory

I got 3300 rounds out of mine before I sent it in for a rebarrel last month. The 180 Bergers, with my old setup with with the Broughton barrel didn't really care too much for seating depth and it still shot lights out. I have a Rock on it now, and am anxious to see what it can do if it is sensitive or not to seating depth.

nice gun. I have been on the fence about ordering one for a while. damn it, i am going to have to order one now.

Do It! I wish I would of bought mine sooner. I was on the fence for a year trying to decide. Now I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

Just Know this. Once you start its hard to stop. You just can't have one.

Great shooting and sick rig! My next rifle is going to be a 7 wsm. It's like the 6.5x47, but with more authority and extended range.