• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My GAP AR10, finally....

Eagle1*

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2006
Ohio
GAPAR10.jpg

Well, it only took about 6 weeks from order date to arrival at my ffl. The gun is superb and after its first range trip of 25 rounds, it appears that I have alot of practicing to do. The gun shoots great but is kinda loud because of the short barrel I guess. I am going to order an AAC Brakeout and install it so I know it will get even louder, but that will help with some of the recoil.
grin.gif

It was ordered with the PRS stock, 18.5" threaded barrel and that was all of the add ons. I could not be happier. The only thing that I am really contemplating doing is replacing the issued "extra high" Badger rings as I have at least 3/8" from the 50mm lens cap to my forward rail. I just think getting it closer to the bore is best but we will see.

I also have a question for some of you that have this new gun. My MK4 Leupold 4.5-14x50mm mildot scope came into zero at the #5 hash mark for elevation. I can only turn the elevation turret up 3.3 more turns before it stops and does not allow me anymore elevation. Do any of you think that this will be an issue as this leaves me with about 48 moa. I am thinking that my gun is zeroed right in the middle of the elevation and that kind of sucks. I called Leupold and they told me that was fine to get me out to 1000 yards if I ever needed to. Just curious if any of you have had this issue or what I could do to lower my zero allowing me more elevation. Otherwise, I like it alot.

Once I get some better groupings with it, I will post em up here. Thanks GAP for a great product, as I am thoroughly impressed with my first GAP purchase.

Re: My GAP AR10, finally....

Congrats on your new G10. I shot mine (18.5" barrel) out to 1000 a few weeks back and from a 100 yd zero, I needed approx. 37 MOA of elevation. This was shooting my hand loads with 175 smk's at 2570 fps. 90 degrees at 700 ft. above sea level.

You are good to go....

Can't you remove the turret cap and loosen tension and bottom out your elevation to the #0 hash to reset zero? Nightforce scopes allows you to do this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Can't you remove the turret cap and loosen tension and bottom out your elevation to the #0 hash to reset zero? Nightforce scopes allows you to do this. </div></div>

I did not try actually trying to lift up on the turret. The instruction manuel does not say anything abouth this i dont think. I will check it out though. Thanks..

I got to stop by and look at his new toy yesterday, its as nice as it looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to stop by and look at his new toy yesterday, its as nice as it looks. </div></div>

thanks C, one of these days we will have to go out and shoot some together. Just coodinating our work schedules will be the issue. We will just HAVE to make time to do it. See ya bro, stay safe..and watch your 6.....

Eagle1, that is the exact rifle I have my eyes on. Same barrel length as well.

Looking forward to seeing how she runs...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coues7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the lower you used? Looks like the Iron Ridge. </div></div>

It's a GAP-10. Not built by the OP.

Nice. How does it shoot without the brake as far as recoil and blast induced movement? It's actually louder with the brake if you're under a covered shooting area.

would have thought 48 MOA is enough even at sea level. lovely rifle btw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. How does it shoot without the brake as far as recoil and blast induced movement? It's actually louder with the brake if you're under a covered shooting area. </div></div>

Well, I am shooting under a covered shooting area and it is loud already, at least my shooting partner says it is. As far as recoil, it does have a good amount which is leading me to getting the AAC Brakeout for it. This of course will make it even louder, which at this point I do not care about. I would say eventually, I will get a suppressor for it since I already have some now. I have just broke the surface on getting to know this gun and am looking forward to getting down to business and breaking it in. Thanks once again GAP, I love it.

You too, and yes we need to make some time to go shoot. And by the way guys, Eagle is legit and has all the good toys.